Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 241 to 260 of 559

Grumblevolcano

Maybe a remake of a 3rd party Gamecube exclusive, actually thinking about it maybe it's the Resident Evil remake which skipped Wii U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

WebHead wrote:

Blast wrote:

WebHead wrote:

If I recall, there was a guy that accurately reported rumors of devils third being Wii u exclusive as well as Pokemon gen 3 remakes coming to 3ds who said last year that a HD remaster from Nintendo is coming to Wii u. It'd be an important remake to fill the release schedule. And miyamoto did say future ports and remakes will usually be handled by external teams...

Nintendo hiring Tantalus to remaster a Nintendo game.....

What? The remasters tantalus have done so far were good. Plus obviously Nintendo would be strict.

I'm just thinking about it because it makes sense. The only problem is that... If Nintendo was behind this... They would've teased this long ago.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GaymerPlayer5

It's Great that Tantalus is porting another Triple A Game to Wii U, But unfortunately Nobody is gonna care or buy enough and sales will be low and once again the cycle continues sigh....

GaymerPlayer5

Blast

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

It's Great that Tantalus is porting another Triple A Game to Wii U, But unfortunately Nobody is gonna care or buy enough and sales will be low and once again the cycle continues sigh....

Please don't be that guy. Even if you're being genuine... Don't be that guy.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Maybe a remake of a 3rd party Gamecube exclusive, actually thinking about it maybe it's the Resident Evil remake which skipped Wii U.

Hmmmm... I prefer a JRPG like Tales, though. Hahaha.

Master of the Hype Train

WebHead

Blast wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Blast wrote:

WebHead wrote:

If I recall, there was a guy that accurately reported rumors of devils third being Wii u exclusive as well as Pokemon gen 3 remakes coming to 3ds who said last year that a HD remaster from Nintendo is coming to Wii u. It'd be an important remake to fill the release schedule. And miyamoto did say future ports and remakes will usually be handled by external teams...

What? The remasters tantalus have done so far were good. Plus obviously Nintendo would be strict.

I'm just thinking about it because it makes sense. The only problem is that... If Nintendo was behind this... They would've teased this long ago.

Eh, recently Nintendo announces games closer to release usually.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Why not? They outsource plenty of work.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

So if Nintendo is behind this... That means we're looking at a big Nintendo game....
The possibilities are now endless. Hahahaha. !!!!! Wait....wait.... Could it be... Those GameCube Pokemon games for Wii U?

Master of the Hype Train

Dezzy

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

It's not quite as bleak as that. It depends hugely on the game. I bet something like Kingdom Hearts would sell just as well on Nintendo as it would on Playstation (adjusting for install base)

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

IceClimbers

Maybe it's Soul Calibur II. That game got a remaster, but it's a pretty universal opinion in the industry that the Gamecube version was the best because it had Link.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grawbad

Hm. I hope its Metroid in the instance its a Nintendo game.

Edited on by Grawbad

Grawbad

Blast

Grawbad wrote:

Hm. I hope its Metroid in the instance its a Nintendo game.

Tantalus... porting the Metroid Prime series to Wii U? I just can't see that happening. Why? Retro would do it and I'm sure Retro would rather advance the series than do a remake. It also doesn't help that Metroid Trilogy is on Wii U eshop so a remake would be weird and bad timing. Even Other M wouldn't work. Metroid isn't dead, though. Hopefully at E3 for Wii U.

Master of the Hype Train

GrailUK

Hey guys? Anyone remember the news that Terraria was coming to Wii U? What happened to that?

edit...bah I guess it's not really AAA.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

havokpants

comsidering it's a remake of nintendo's games
mario sunshine
legend of zelda hd collection
ooooooooooooh
eternal darkness... boom
imagine it was timesplitters

havokpants

Nintendo Network ID: HavokPants

Inkling

I wish it was Battleblock Theater. I loved that game. Sadly, it's an indie title, so it's out of the question

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

CaviarMeths

havokpants wrote:

comsidering it's a remake of nintendo's games
mario sunshine
legend of zelda hd collection
ooooooooooooh
eternal darkness... boom
imagine it was timesplitters

We don't know that it's a remake of a Nintendo game. The wording of the quote makes me think it isn't anyway. It's a little weird to say you're doing a Wii U game for a "top notch publisher" when the publisher is the platform holder themselves.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GrailUK

It may get announced on the next direct.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GaymerPlayer5

Blast wrote:

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

GaymerPlayer5

Grumblevolcano

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

Blast wrote:

GaymerPlayer5 wrote:

You Know what... i am gonna be that guy because i am not blind to reality. I am being genuine and if anything Being Real.... Tantalus Media ported Mass effect 3 and Deus ex: Human Revolution Director Cut and while great ports in their own right, they fail to sell and yes even if mass effect 3 was incomplete DLC wise, that wasn't Tantalus media decision... so no excuses. Third party games sells bad on Wii U because nintendo fans don't care and even exclusive third party games like Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2 which are great games with barely any issues still sold whatever... and no don't throw the whole "but the game is missing features and DLC or poorly developed " because wonderful 101 and bayonetta 2 were complete. Most Nintendo fans only buy First Party games and only a small small minority buys both First party and third party games like i do. Also i think i can post my point of view and opinions like anyone else on here thank you very much.

But Mass Effect 3 was also incomplete in terms of not being able to get most of the endings because Mass Effect 2 wasn't on Nintendo consoles. You can't properly play the Mass Effect games without going from 1 to 3 in order. The only way Mass Effect would've sold well on Wii U would've been if the trilogy pack that came to 360 and PS3 was also released on Wii U instead of just 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.