Forums

Topic: Tantalus is porting a AAA game to the Wii U

Posts 201 to 220 of 559

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

jasonbrr wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Mass Effect and Deus Ex were pegi 18 (M for Mature). Destiny was pegi 16 (T for Teen). Its all rather exciting anyways

Destiny is rated T for Teen here in Canada. But I doubt its that. Hopefully a Nintendo Direct will happen soon and it will be announced then.

Watch it be a movie game that would be hilarious!

Game based off the next Muppets Movie!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Discostew

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I still can't believe that SE hyped up something FF7 related for the conference, then got on stage, and announced a straight port of the PC version to PS4. Biggest troll moment of the year. Seeing the backlash unfold in real time was a thing of wonder.

I'm glad you mentioned that... Because... On that same day, a Final Fantasy developer was like, "Final Fantasy's home is PlayStation!!!!!". So maybe Tantalus new game isn't Final Fantasy related. I keep forgetting that Konami and Square Enix treats Sony like a best friend.

Yet 3DS recently got Final Fantasy Explorers, and the main games have been on Microsoft platforms since last gen. While Final Fantasy has been on the downside for a number of years (at least since VII), I wouldn't mind the port being FFXIII. That at least means SE may see a future with Nintendo with some of their more ambitious titles.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Wheeler

I'm going with the insane route and hoping it's a game from Nihon Falcom.

Wheeler

MsJubilee

DefHalan wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

jasonbrr wrote:

GrailUK wrote:

Mass Effect and Deus Ex were pegi 18 (M for Mature). Destiny was pegi 16 (T for Teen). Its all rather exciting anyways

Destiny is rated T for Teen here in Canada. But I doubt its that. Hopefully a Nintendo Direct will happen soon and it will be announced then.

Watch it be a movie game that would be hilarious!

Game based off the next Muppets Movie!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I would totally buy that,i'm not even kidding.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Blast

Discostew wrote:

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I still can't believe that SE hyped up something FF7 related for the conference, then got on stage, and announced a straight port of the PC version to PS4. Biggest troll moment of the year. Seeing the backlash unfold in real time was a thing of wonder.

I'm glad you mentioned that... Because... On that same day, a Final Fantasy developer was like, "Final Fantasy's home is PlayStation!!!!!". So maybe Tantalus new game isn't Final Fantasy related. I keep forgetting that Konami and Square Enix treats Sony like a best friend.

Yet 3DS recently got Final Fantasy Explorers, and the main games have been on Microsoft platforms since last gen. While Final Fantasy has been on the downside for a number of years (at least since VII), I wouldn't mind the port being FFXIII. That at least means SE may see a future with Nintendo with some of their more ambitious titles.

I understand you but I still say Square Enix treats Sony like a best friend. Everybody else gets friendzoned by SE but Square Enix loves their Sony friendship. Microsoft may get some FF games but I bet they are advertised like Sony exclusives.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

That's because SE and Konami have deluded themselves into thinking it's still the late 90s I assume. (jk, otherwise Konami would still be making games other than MGS )

that and Xbox is dead on arrival in Japan and Wii U has struggled

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's because SE and Konami have deluded themselves into thinking it's still the late 90s I assume. (jk, otherwise Konami would still be making games other than MGS )

that and Xbox is dead on arrival in Japan and Wii U has struggled

Yet it's not like Konami is milking MGS either. Have they even released any major games at all in the past few years? Only game I can think of is that Castlevania game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

...the soccer games are popular in Europe?

...um...

....uh...

....they're making Silent Hills.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

...the soccer games are popular in Europe?

...um...

....uh...

....they're making Silent Hills.

Konami is more lost than Capcom.

Master of the Hype Train

LaserdiscGal

Capcom is making dumb decisions.

Konami is struggling to make any decisions.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Blast

Amiibo wrote:

Capcom is making dumb decisions.

Konami is struggling to make any decisions.

Hahahaha so true.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

I feel like Capcom's only big dumb decision was going from releasing like 25 iterative Mega Man games over 20 years to dropping it altogether. There's a happy medium, where you can release a new Mega Man every few years and make sure it's actually worth making. I mean, Mario still exists, right?

Obviously with Mighty No. 9 making almost $5 million on Kickstarter, the demand is still there. It just causes fatigue and brand damage when you release a mountain of samey sequels that nobody but the most ardent of fans is going to have the energy to keep up with.

Otherwise, they've done about as well as they can for a publisher as small as them. People tend to forget that they're a much smaller company than others like Square Enix or Konami. They can't afford the same risky decisions.

Edit: Holy Moses, I just looked up Konami's number of employees. They have nearly 5,500! That's more than Nintendo! What are all those people doing?!

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

I feel like Capcom's only big dumb decision was going from releasing like 25 iterative Mega Man games over 20 years to dropping it altogether. There's a happy medium, where you can release a new Mega Man every few years and make sure it's actually worth making. I mean, Mario still exists, right?

Obviously with Mighty No. 9 making almost $5 million on Kickstarter, the demand is still there. It just causes fatigue and brand damage when you release a mountain of samey sequels that nobody but the most ardent of fans is going to have the energy to keep up with.

Otherwise, they've done about as well as they can for a publisher as small as them. People tend to forget that they're a much smaller company than others like Square Enix or Konami. They can't afford the same risky decisions.

Edit: Holy Moses, I just looked up Konami's number of employees. They have nearly 5,500! That's more than Nintendo! What are all those people doing?!

Great words on Capcom and Konami... well... All they know is Metal Gear Solid now. They'll use their amazing engine for other stuff too... I hope. Silent Hills doesn't have me excited at all.

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

^ Yeah, but there can't be more than about 300 people working on MSG. What about the other 5,200? You'd have uhh... senior management, marketing... legal... custodial staff... that's gotta be another 40 or so people...

Watch them just roll up to E3 like rockstars with a dozen new AAA games to reveal.

No, that won't happen, but seriously, why do so many people have active employment at Konami? Any other studio would trim the excess fat. And right about now, the "excess fat" at Konami is pretty much everyone except Kojima Productions.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

^ Yeah, but there can't be more than about 300 people working on MSG. What about the other 5,200? You'd have uhh... senior management, marketing... legal... custodial staff... that's gotta be another 40 or so people...

Watch them just roll up to E3 like rockstars with a dozen new AAA games to reveal.

No, that won't happen, but seriously, why do so many people have active employment at Konami? Any other studio would trim the excess fat. And right about now, the "excess fat" at Konami is pretty much everyone except Kojima Productions.

I honestly don't know what's going on with Konami... Maybe they're upset because their last big Caatlevania game was bad.

Master of the Hype Train

unrandomsam

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I honestly don't know what's going on with Konami... Maybe they're upset because their last big Caatlevania game was bad.

Gaming is a niche for them now. Real Estate and Country Clubs is the real money maker.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Smash_kirby

With Rock Band 4 being announced, it could be that game. That might just be me.

Smash_kirby

Blast

Smash_kirby wrote:

With Rock Band 4 being announced, it could be that game. That might just be me.

I hope not. Hahahaha

Master of the Hype Train

CaviarMeths

Rock Band 4 was confirmed today as PS4 and XBO only. When specifically asked about Wii U and PC, the publisher said that it was not a priority and they had no plans.

So that's out.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Rock Band 4 was confirmed today as PS4 and XBO only. When specifically asked about Wii U and PC, the publisher said that it was not a priority and they had no plans.

So that's out.

..... Oh, well. Come on, Square Enix....

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.