Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,941 to 9,960 of 27,917

Datasun_7

@brewsky I don't see how the sword fighters announced so far are that similar aside from Marty/lucina? I think shulk would be suitably unique

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

UGXwolf

So I go watch this video, right? I've never played an FE game, but I'm super hype for Lucina and Robin. And what's the first thing I hear upon returning?

"Whine whine whine. Clones whine whine. Whine wine clones whine whine whine whine."

Man, there's just no pleasing some of you people. So what if there's a few clones? The roster looks amazing. I don't care if a few characters play the same. I don't see the Tekken fan base whining as much as you guys do, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was so stuffed with clones, it wasn't even funny. I swear to God, the Smash fanbase is potentially the whiniest fanbase ever. I think the Smash fanbase may have rekindled my detestment of Fighting Game communities, and now I totally get why Sakurai got so mad at the Smash fanbase, in the first place... UGH!!!

/Rant

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

The_Ninja wrote:

Suddenly I'm more intrested in Fire Emblem... might buy Awakening for 3DS.

Also, to all Lucina haters... Marth with bewbs >>>>>>>> Marth

I'm not a Lucina hater but I have a feeling Marth will be the better out of the two in match ups.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Yoshi

Datasun_7 wrote:

@brewsky I don't see how the sword fighters announced so far are that similar aside from Marty/lucina? I think shulk would be suitably unique

True, characters like Robin are unique because he/she uses a sword and tome, rather than a sword exclusively.

Sword Fighters in this game are Robin, Lucina, Ike, Mii Fighter (sword fighter), Marth, Toon Link, and Link.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

The

not gonna lie, but I was more hyped for the Rayman trophy than the 3 new characters

I'm Canadian eh?

DreamyViridi

@Jazzer94 - It could be like a Toon Link situation where the "clone" has extra strengths that the "original" doesn't; who knows?
Also assuming Lucy is a clone; this roster's pretty big now and there's only 2, I repeat two, clones overall. Compared to Brawl and especially Melee, Smash 4 has loads of variety between characters!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TheKingOfTown

I think Lucina will be similar to Dr. Mario, where their moves look the same, but they have different properties.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

19Robb92

Sucks that they gave C. Falcon such a ugly pose in the character art.. Seems like he's going to be ugliest Amiibo figure

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I think Lucina will be similar to Dr. Mario, where their moves look the same, but they have different properties.

That's what I think too.

I would just prefer her to be an alternate skin, if they play the same that is. Same with Dr. Mario, I hope he's added as a skin!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

@DreamyViridi Definitely a possibility we'll just have to wait three more months ( ) and see.

Also assuming Lucy is a clone; this roster's pretty big now and there's only 2, I repeat two, clones overall. Compared to Brawl and especially Melee, Smash 4 has loads of variety between characters!

There is 4 clones in the game when including semi clones like Luigi but given the size of the roster I agree there is no reason to complain.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joetherocker

Well, looks like I'm maining Lucina over Marth now.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Arminillo

So Capt. Falcon wrecked Chrom either 1v1 or 2v1 without tiring. He was about to abort Lucina's child when Robin interrupted, notably causing no visible damage to Falcon. At the end, when Chrom is talking it is obvious that Robin and Lucina are throwing everything at Cpt. Falcon. This can only mean...

CAPTAIN FALCON SS(S?) TIER!

Untitled

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Shaqazooloo

I loved the trailer it was so HYPE!

Aslo I'm pretty sure Lucina's an alt for Marth because of Her intro screen says "Lucina wakes her blade?!" why the ? and she has the exact same moves as Marth. Also unlike all newcomers her picture on the smash bros site is the same as a veteran with it being smaller and no artwork. Thats just what i've noticed.

Shaqazooloo

3DS Friend Code: 0903-4025-7160 | Nintendo Network ID: Shaqazooloo

Yoshi

Shaqazooloo wrote:

Aslo I'm pretty sure Lucina's an alt for Marth because of Her intro screen says "Lucina wakes her blade?!" why the ? and she has the exact same moves as Marth. Also unlike all newcomers her picture on the smash bros site is the same as a veteran with it being smaller and no artwork. Thats just what i've noticed.

Her picture on the Smash Bros. website is an oversight. If click her picture, it'll take you to a page that says "Newcomer".

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Captain_Toad

At this point I could care less about lucina being a newcomer or a costume. She here and that's what matters. Character slots be dammed.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

JunkosBoobies

Really, we have less than two months (three if you count the Western releases) for more newcomers and new character movesets. So Lucina could be different. We might even get some more newcomers, but whoever's in will have to be revealed by September 13th because Japan Release. (3DS Version anyways)

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

Shaqazooloo wrote:

As i stated before she shares an artwork poster with Reflet-Robin.

Ugh, I'm getting cranky. It's past 1 here in Japan and I stayed up for the trailer but I just found a whole bunch of roaches in my kitchen. Sigh, my building is old.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

ZurrrrBlattTron

Watching the trailer again :3 imo it's the first trailer to beat the Greninja trailer to a bloody pulp any awakening fan must had been screaming like a 12 year old screams for bieber
(and dear God I'm hoping I didn't start the whole Marth with boobs thing...what have I done)

Edited on by ZurrrrBlattTron

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Whopper744

I'm still surprised. I figured Chrom would be the first Fire Emblem character added this time before anyone else would even be considered, but it looks like he's nothing more than a final smash or something for Robin. Definitely didn't see Robin coming at all actually.

Edited on by Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic