Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 8,561 to 8,580 of 27,917

KO-Cub

IceClimbers wrote:

camerica1618 wrote:

I really hope the Gematsu leak is fake. I do NOT want DLC characters for Smash.

It's looking more and more real. DLC characters might have been unavoidable because of time constraints. Sakurai may have needed more time to work on some characters, but wasn't allowed to delay the game because its absolutely CRUCIAL for Smash to be released this November before Black Friday to maximize Wii U sales and for the system to have any chance of recovering. DLC allows him to finish those characters.

As DLC's can finish off the game and in some points can be useful and a good idea, but I don't remember alot of DLC's for Nintendo games. I heard Mario Golf got some DLC's I think, but it's not as iconic as Smash Bros. I think Nintendo know that if they make DLC's. Alot of people might miss out on the fun cuase they may have the problem of obtaining it. I'm not saying they shouldn't do DLC's, but for super smash bros. isn't really a good idea in my prospective. It's best for Nintendo to finish the game completely and leave it like that when released. With the 3DS version releasing on fall. It should be enough time to create all the characters and game modes.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

Someone brought up Capcom's situation, but I saw IGN getting a lot of stuff mixed up. Capcom isn't selling themselves or going up for auction or anything. They are still very much a solo developer. What had happened was:

Back in 2008, Capcom put in place a takeover defense policy. This kept companies like Microsoft and EA from buying up the majority of Capcom's stock and using it to take over the company. In a very recent financial meeting, the shareholders voted to repeal that policy. Now, if any company so chooses, they may buy out a majority share in Capcom and essentially own the company.

At this point, the question becomes how much money the big 5 are willing to spend to buy out Capcom. NOTE THAT IF NINTENDO BUYS A TAKEOVER ON CAPCOM, THEY DO NOT OWN THE IP, THEY JUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE CAPCOM DO AS THEY PLEASE. THE RESULT IS THE SAME, UNLESS CAPCOM GOES UNDER, IN WHICH CASE, WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIR IP IS UP TO THEM. ON TOP OF THIS, CAPCOM MAY STILL SELL THEIR IP AS THEY PLEASE.

Just wanted to make that clear.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ZurrrrBlattTron

@Shingi_70 I should have searched up how they were doing financially before posting that.. sorry >_<
@ugxwolf ah so that's how it goes reading what happened an instant thought that came to me was Nintendo buying out Capcom and having tons of more Capcom reps in Smash Bros or a Nintendo Vs capcom game (That's been a childhood dream)

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Arminillo

Nintendo vs Capcom...Falcon Punch vs Shoryuken...

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

The_Ninja

If DLC is in I hope it's like:
Every month a new alt costume or new stage or something like that. If you missed it, too bad. and its FREE.

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

ShadowforSSB4

It's not fair that shadow is a assist trophy!He should be playable!But you guys want Girham playable?!Really?!!?

Hello!

Azooooz

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

It's not fair that shadow is a assist trophy!He should be playable!But you guys want Girham playable?!Really?!!?

Quit it, will you? Shadow is an assist trophy, and that's that.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Jazzer94

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

Good we don't need Sonic cast offs.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ShadowforSSB4

Also,Nintendo should take out Rosealina out of SSB4.It's stupid to have a peach clone.She probably in the game because Nintendo running out of ideas or they listening to the wrong fans whom are bronies .

Hello!

UGXwolf

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

The problem with this is that Shadow is not only a 3rd Party character (from a 3rd party that already has a rep) But a LITERAL clone of the original rep, as well. Ghirahim, on the other hand, is a completely original villain with a completely unique style that could be used to cover an entirely untouched playstyle.

Shadow falls under the same problems as Dark Pit, Dark Link, and Dark Samus. SUre, they COULD be different from the original rep, but do you actually think they will be? None of us do, and we're not so sure Sakurai does, either.

Besides, if we were going to get another SEGA rep, we'd hope they aren't from the Sonic series, or if they are, they're not a literal clone of the main character.

EDIT: Rosalina isn't even remotely a Peach clone. None of her attacks are the least bit similar to Peach's.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

Also,Nintendo should take out Rosealina out of SSB4.It's stupid to have a peach clone.She probably in the game because Nintendo running out of ideas or they listening to the wrong fans whom are bronies .

Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Nintendo6400

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

I'm sensing a lot of hate from you man. Is it because your not getting what you want? I wanted ike to get cut, but he's back and I have to deal with it. Every character and assist trophy that has been announced are staying. Ok?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Tsuchinoko

Please don't feed the trolls.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

MrWalkieTalkie

ShadowforSSB4 wrote:

How are they running out of ideas by using a popular and new Nintendo character and not ANOTHER sega character that's literally just Sonic but in black.

What logic does that even make?

NAMCO = Pac-Man
CAPCOM = Mega Man
SEGA = Sonic & Shadow?

why should sega get 2 reps?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

ShadowforSSB4

Now I hope they put they put Sliver in the game.

Hello!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic