Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,161 to 7,180 of 27,917

FriedSquid

No, we should only have one more Pokemon. I think any more than 5 from any one franchise is too much, especially for a large series like Pokemon. I don't like Jiggs much (at least as a Smash fighter!) but it's true that he'll be mostly likely to return. Mewtwo would have to be the second option, and while Sceptile would work, he doesn't deserve a place in the roster at all. If anything it would be Blaziken since he has a Mega Evolution and thus has become relevant again. Sceptile shouldn't be in just so we have a Grass starter, even less so since he's from the now-redundant third generation.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Jazzer94

No more Pokemon, I'm a fan of the series but they have enough representation at this point.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@Squid Sakurai never said he wanted to make the roster similar to Brawl's in size. This was a huge misinterpretation by the fan base. I've explained many times, by now what he did say about the roster, and the only thing he said about size reduction was that cuts will be made due to technical limitations. Quite the contrary, in fact,Sakurai said he would try to fit as many of the Brawl veterans as he could. Red is the only known removal, and add started, he essentially just became Charizard.

@Z64 Krystal may have greater Western popularity, but Wolf had better global popularity. Besides that, Adventures wad the only Star Fox he wasn't in. Krystal isn't likely to replace anyone.

Honestly the only cut that seems likely is Snake. ROB may get cut, but I can't think why they would. Ike may see the axe, too, but st that point, I think they'll see reason to keep him, unlike Roy.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

This is a question I have... imagine all those workers working on the game and their working on character designs. They start working on Fox and Falcon and Ice Climbers for the game....
I wonder if an employee ever says to others... "Um, it feels kinda weird to design Fox for Smash yet he still hasn't got his own game for a good while. What's up with that?"

I wonder if moments like that ever happen in development for Smash Bros....

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Rezalack

Ohmygosh! Is this leaker the real deal?!

https://twitter.com/SmashLeaks1

No. Lol. That Choir Boy video is so bad it's not even funny. The Rainbow Road picture is obviously not real as well.

Edited on by LzWinky

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

FriedSquid

Blast wrote:

Definitely not. Those all could have been easily 'shopped, especially Falco, who looks exactly as he did in Melee. Don't get me started on Choir Boy, he looks terribly fake.

Edited on by LzWinky

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Shirma_Akayaku

Why is it that they're having difficulties with adding Ice Climbers, yet Rosalina & Luma were easily put in?
Did they have Rosalina higher on their priority list? It just doesn't make sense...

EDIT: I meant to put this on the 3DS thread since that's where it's being applied to.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Blast

Rosalina wrote:

Why is it that they're having difficulties with adding Ice Climbers, yet Rosalina & Luma were easily put in?
Did they have Rosalina higher on their priority list? It just doesn't make sense...

EDIT: I meant to put this on the 3DS thread since that's where it's being applied to.

Try to imagine multiple people playing as Ice Climbers on the 3DS top screen.... Doesn't the very idea sound chaotic?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SparkOfSpirit

Blast wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Try to imagine multiple people playing as Ice Climbers on the 3DS top screen.... Doesn't the very idea sound chaotic?

Not any more than 4 people playing Rosalina. If Ice Climbers were fine in Melee, I find it hard to buy they'd be problematic now.

As for Pokemon, I stand by my six reps idea just as they were in Brawl. Expect Jigglypuff and Mewtwo and no others. There won't be any other new Pokemon characters.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

Sarcastically: Yes
Seriously: No

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Arminillo

With the Pacman sequel announced for Wii U and 3DS, I feel the evidence strongly suggests that we will see Pac-Man clash with Mario, Sonic, and Pong as codeveloper Bamco's rep.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

OdnetninAges

At first, I was a bit "Meh" towards Pac-Man... If he got in, ok... If he didn't, ok...

At this point though, I actually really want him to make an appearance in the game, and I think it'd be a missed opportunity to leave him out.

He's not my #1 most wanted newcomer... That'd have to be Chrom... But I definitely would like to see him in the game.

If he doesn't make it in, I'll be slightly disappointed.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Joeynator3000

Tough to say on the Marshall video in that one link. I wouldn't mind Rhythm Heaven getting some more attention though, appearing in Smash is the perfect way to do it, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

Sarcastically: Yes
Seriously: No

top lel
do people really believe this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

2Sang

Rosalina wrote:

Ice climbers are confirmed, the polar bears are in the smash run, and it wouldn't make sense to have them in. Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and Wario are all confirmed without actually being confirmed. Really the only characters that even have a chance of not returning are Lucas (my main in brawl), Wolf, Snake, ROB, and Ike. The others are all almost certain to return, and even the possibly not returning characters all still have a realistic chance of returning.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Tsuchinoko

You know what would make Lucas and Mother 3 completely relevant for a lot of people, at least in Japan? If they put it on the WiiU virtual console. Of course they could localize it outside of Japan (plausibility status : zero. mostly since so much time has passed). Just a random thought. I totally support the fan translation, even if Im not totally supporting some of the choices they made.

Anyway, where are we at now, oh yeah, Pac-man. Ugh, they would have to really do something special with that character to make me happy with him being in Smash. I just dont know guys...

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Part of me wants to believe the "leak," but come on. It's on Twitter. They even DIRECTLY tag Nintendo and SmashBros. Sakurai would be on a war path, if this were real. And the problematic thing about the Choir Boy video is that they chose to show the least graphically impressive character on the easiest possible stage to replicate. I'm not impressed.

As for Pacman, Sakurai would have to do something pretty special for me to accept the character. Out of all of Namco's character pools, Pacman has got to be the absolute least interesting thing in there. (Oh, I'm sure there's worse. That's not really my point.) If they add Pacman over characters like Klonoa, Lloyd, Cless, or some other Nintendo rep that people won't stop asking for, it'll completely change the way I look at this game.

On the flip side, Sakurai has added six characters that I was sure two years ago wouldn't even come close to working, so maybe he'll surprise me with Pacman. Maybe. I'm not holding my breath for that one, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Orngeblu

LOL, the Choir boy is so badly done. Obviously fake. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic