Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,761 to 5,780 of 27,917

Snagrio

UGXwolf wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

siconlol wrote:

Hey quick question everyone's been assuming ridley may or may not make well regardless anyone else think we might get another metroid character besides him? Maybe one of the galactic federation members in other m? I was thinking maybe Adam but I would much rather prefer to see Anthony I think he has potential as a metroid character and a smash bros character as well but eh that's just me

I really don't think any other Metroid character has a chance besides Ridley to be honest. Everything else are either mindless monsters that doesn't really themselves to being playable, or one-note human/humanoid characters that only appeared in one or two games.

Ridley on the other hand is pretty much the number 2 character of the Metroid series, being present in most of the games. He's basically Samus' Bowser. And due to Sakurai previously stating that size doesn't matter when it comes to roster inclusion, Ridley doesn't have that problem either.

While we can infer this from what Sakurai /actually/ said, could we please stop putting words in the man's mouth? What he said was that Smash doesn't always pay attention to scale. I know this implies that being too big isn't a real argument, but that isn't what he actually said.

That isn't what I did at all. The argument many love to use against Ridley is that he's too big. Yet already we have several examples of characters that had a size change like Olimar and Bowser. Sakurai's comment, while obviously not directly referencing Ridley, drives in the fact that a character's canon size doesn't necessarily matter in the world of Smash. That's all I'm saying.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SomeBitTripFan

WingedSnagret wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

siconlol wrote:

Hey quick question everyone's been assuming ridley may or may not make well regardless anyone else think we might get another metroid character besides him? Maybe one of the galactic federation members in other m? I was thinking maybe Adam but I would much rather prefer to see Anthony I think he has potential as a metroid character and a smash bros character as well but eh that's just me

I really don't think any other Metroid character has a chance besides Ridley to be honest. Everything else are either mindless monsters that doesn't really themselves to being playable, or one-note human/humanoid characters that only appeared in one or two games.

Ridley on the other hand is pretty much the number 2 character of the Metroid series, being present in most of the games. He's basically Samus' Bowser. And due to Sakurai previously stating that size doesn't matter when it comes to roster inclusion, Ridley doesn't have that problem either.

While we can infer this from what Sakurai /actually/ said, could we please stop putting words in the man's mouth? What he said was that Smash doesn't always pay attention to scale. I know this implies that being too big isn't a real argument, but that isn't what he actually said.

That isn't what I did at all. The argument many love to use against Ridley is that he's too big. Yet already we have several examples of characters that had a size change like Olimar and Bowser. Sakurai's comment, while obviously not directly referencing Ridley, drives in the fact that a character's canon size doesn't necessarily matter in the world of Smash. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not here to argue, but I think most people discussing that argument are referring to relative size. Olimar would look far weirder in his canonical size than his size in Brawl. Also, characters like Olimar, Kirby, and Bowser are all fairly cartoony. Scaling down something more realistic in appearance is different. People can watch squash and stretch cartoons easily, but changing the dimensions of something realistic can come off as revolting.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

MrWalkieTalkie

So what characters do you see getting new final smashes?

I for one really hope that Donkey Kong gets a new one because the one he has in Brawl is very weak. I barely get that much damage done with it.
Untitled

I want something a lot more powerful, heck even just wailing on a single opponent like crazy would be satisfying enough.
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - We shouldn't have too many 'transformation' Final Smashes though.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

Do we know what Mega Man's Final Smash is? From his trailer it seemed as if his Flame Blast attack was it, but I'm not sure. I think Luigi and Toon Link need a new Final Smash, and I've said before that Lucario's should be his Mega Evolution.

Also, looking at the roster, I'm curious as to what The Villager's Final Smash will be...

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MrWalkieTalkie

CaptainSquid wrote:

Do we know what Mega Man's Final Smash is? From his trailer it seemed as if his Flame Blast attack was it, but I'm not sure. I think Luigi and Toon Link need a new Final Smash, and I've said before that Lucario's should be his Mega Evolution.

Also, looking at the roster, I'm curious as to what The Villager's Final Smash will be...

No, Mega Man's Flame Blast was over dramatic in the trailer.
It was like:
Untitled

When in game, it's just all like:
Untitled

Also, I hope Villager's Final Smash has something to with:
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

ZurrrrBlattTron

CaptainSquid wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie, Ah, I see. That's what I figured, that maybe they just over-dramatized it like that. Wonder what his Final Smash will be then...

After playing marvel vs capcom 2 it'll probably have something to do with merging with rush to transform into something epic hopefully it's a all new move together and not just a copy and paste of his MvsC hyper combos

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

siconlol wrote:

I'm not here to argue, but I think most people discussing that argument are referring to relative size. Olimar would look far weirder in his canonical size than his size in Brawl. Also, characters like Olimar, Kirby, and Bowser are all fairly cartoony. Scaling down something more realistic in appearance is different. People can watch squash and stretch cartoons easily, but changing the dimensions of something realistic can come off as revolting.

That's what I was thinking I mean maybe sakurai might just put in a humongous character with tons of strength but poor recovery and maybe slowest chracter on foot but has a decent aerial game? Ehh it's sad cause metroid is in desperate need of more reps

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Adam

I just read the Anna rumor from a few pages ago. I am very much in favor of this. However, I have to be because I married her.

(In Awakening.)

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

shingi_70

Mega Man should turn into X for his final smash.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

PhantomF4E

Anyone seen any mention of Yoshi? Seems odd he has been left out up to this point. Thoughts?

Roll Tide

Tsuchinoko

PhantomF4E wrote:

Anyone seen any mention of Yoshi? Seems odd he has been left out up to this point. Thoughts?

There are quite a few characters with no representation in the game yet.

On final smashes, i feel like of my favorites, Zelda, Diddy, Ness, and Wario had great final smashes in brawl. Toon Link, Lucas, Luigi, Sonic, and Falco should have theirs changed, either from being to similar or not being powerful enough.

Also, on andunrelated note, we've not had a character reveal in a while now. I think this is the longest gap since November.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SCRAPPER392

Mega Man will probably have a final smash similar to Yoshi. He flies around on Rush and has a really powerful beam weapon. That's what I think it will be.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Shirma_Akayaku

Aside from Final Smashes, I'll post this video because why not?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

PhantomF4E

So yeah....glad I took the time to ask that question. Ha ha.

Roll Tide

MegaStoneSmash91

shingi_70 wrote:

I'll assume you're joking.

I believe the Super Adaptor from Mega Man 7 would be a good choice for his Final Smash. He merges with Rush and gains flight capabitities and a rocket punch much like the Hard Knuckle. It would probably be a mix of Yoshi's, Wario's, and R.O.B's Final Smashes. Another far less likely choice would be the Astro Crush from Mega Man 8. It is basically the same thing as PK Starstorm, though, which is why it would be very unlikely. There are several other "entire screen" weapons much like Astro Crush, but none of them feel like a Final Smash. There are a couple which manipulate time, but the Timer item from Brawl basically covered that, and would again if it returns.

@Rosalina That video is brilliant.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pazzo-TheFool

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I'll assume you're joking.

I believe the Super Adaptor from Mega Man 7 would be a good choice for his Final Smash. He merges with Rush and gains flight capabitities and a rocket punch much like the Hard Knuckle. It would probably be a mix of Yoshi's, Wario's, and R.O.B's Final Smashes. Another far less likely choice would be the Astro Crush from Mega Man 8. It is basically the same thing as PK Starstorm, though, which is why it would be very unlikely. There are several other "entire screen" weapons much like Astro Crush, but none of them feel like a Final Smash. There are a couple which manipulate time, but the Timer item from Brawl basically covered that, and would again if it returns.

@Rosalina That video is brilliant.

There is a relatively little known secret in the original Marvel VS Capcom. If you beat the final boss, Onslaught with Mega Man, Mega Man will get Magneto/Onslaught's Magnetic Shockwave ability. This could perhaps dampen long time Marvel VS Capcom fans' stress over him not being included in the 3rd game, or perhaps poke fun of it. Plus, there isn't a move like this in the Smash Bros series yet.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic