Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,461 to 23,480 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@IceClimbers I don't know why you think that. He could easily be a week or two after the presentation. What if he's not quite done, yet? I mean, he's probably in balance and debug stage right now, so he's pretty much done, but I'm just saying, nothing's stopping them from releasing it in late June.

Anyways, I know I'm not the only person seeing the 2-month pattern, here. So here's what I'm thinking:

April 2015 - Mewtwo
June 2015 - Lucas
August 2015 - Roy
October 2015 - Ryu
December 2015 - Wolf
February 2016 - Young Link
April 2016 - Smash Ballot fighter

So why do I think all of this? Well, off the bat, the smash ballot fighter will most likely be a unique character and not a clone. This means he'll take probably about 6 months to fully develop. This isn't the case with clones and Brawl ports, which is why Lucas is already almost ready.

Obviously, I'm going off the assumption that the ROM dump is entirely legit and does, in fact, point to Roy and Ryu being DLC characters. So why is Roy in August instead of Ryu? Two reasons, really: 1) Roy is a clone of Marth and thus much quicker and easier to develop. He'd likely actually be pushed back to August to fill the two-month pattern (or moved FROM August to break it, since Sakurai hates doing things regularly). 2) Ryu would be an entirely new character and a big, big deal. Releasing him on the anniversary of Smash 3DS and at the end of the fighter ballot (possibly with announcements for Wolf and the ballot fighter) would just make a lot of sense. For this, we do have to assume that Roy and Ryu are already in development, probably starting around the time of the update for Mewtwo.

So then Wolf. He's probably on the back burner. I've said before that I think Wolf was planned to be in and got cut due to time constraints, and I still hold true to that speculation. If Sakurai weren't busy with bigger fish, Wolf might be out sooner, which just leaves...

Young Link. Why him? Why February? Why? Well, Majora's Mask 3D came out in February, for one. Holding him back for February makes sense. But more importantly, we've already got three characters that couldn't just be ported in from Brawl or cloned from another character already in the game. That's already going to take up a lot of dev time and all of Sakurai's attention span. Adding another completely unique character would be murder on the poor man's soul. So why not fill the slot with a clone of a pre-existing character?

I know what you're thinking. "But Toon Link already fills that role! Wouldn't Young Link require the same work as Mewtwo, being that they're both Melee characters? THERE'S TOO MANY SWORDFIGHTERS!" First off, shut up. "Too many [insert weapon here]" isn't a legitimate argument. I've explained that enough to not go in depth, here. Second, no, because you can literally just map Link's movements to Young Link's model (with the appropriate size adjustments, of course) and go straight to the next stage. And finally, Toon Link and Young Link would look distinct, but play more or less the same. Maybe with Young Link being less floaty. All the same, that's not stopping Roy from apparently returning, despite Marth already having a clone in the game and Lucina more or less filling Roy's role perfectly fine.

And of course, I have totally considered them just not having a character in February. Entirely possible, though I hesitate to say "likely." I wouldn't be surprised either way.

@Tsuchinoko Nintendo will never ever ever ever ever ever... ever... ... EVER... ever acknowledge a leak. Ever.

Oh no no no! I didn't mean that! Not that they'd directly acknowledge the leak, but that we would get Smash info that would finally confirm the info, through a Roy or Ryu reveal.

Also I'm really hoping the stage DLC is real. Commute a lot for work and those 3ds stages are so bland. I just mostly play on the Prism Tower, omega Magicant, Corneria, the Reset Bomb Forest, and Arena Ferox, Spirit Train, and Final Destination. The other stages I never touch.

And last question, it late and I can't sleep. Just hypothetical here, but as a surprise DLC offering, how would everyone here feel if Sakurai announced that he finished Ice Climbers and was going to offer them as DLC, but as a WiiU exclusive.

Honestly I would personally have no problem with that, I know he said he wanted the roster to be the same, but its a special case, and they were originally going to be in Smash 4. And the roster in the initial release was the same.

A lot of fans want them back. I really don't think too many people would mind them being WiiU exclusive DLC.

Anyway, just putting that out there. I never see it discussed on other forums, so I was curious. I honestly think it would work. The WiiU version has become the main version anyway with tiers and tournaments and all that.

I don't think they'd do that, to be honest. Still, I'm not sure what to think about their chances of coming back, because Sakurai never specifically said that it was impossible. I mean, is it something that that just needed a bit more time that they didn't have, or is it really impossible? And wouldn't it be awesome if they finsished them and decided to make them free because they were supposed to be in the game at the start? I don't know. Anyways, yeah, more stages would be great. There aren't really a lot of interesting stages in the 3DS version (though Magicant DID put a big smile on my face, especially since thanks to it, Ninten is technically in Smash.), so I wouldn't mind paying for more.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

IceClimbers

@UGXwolf I was just kidding. Of course Lucas can come in the last two weeks of June. Having him available right after the Digital Event would bring more hype though.

I don't see them bringing Young Link back though. Unlike Roy, he isn't requested by a ton of people. I think Squirtle or Ivysaur would be more likely. Or they could bring back Pichu.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

@UGXwolf I was just kidding. Of course Lucas can come in the last two weeks of June. Having him available right after the Digital Event would bring more hype though.

I don't see them bringing Young Link back though. Unlike Roy, he isn't requested by a ton of people. I think Squirtle or Ivysaur would be more likely. Or they could bring back Pichu.

Well, as far as veterans, Lucas was decided pre-ballot based on the amount of independent requests they were getting for him. At least in Japan, after Lucas the next most wanted veteran according to the votes is Wolf, followed by Snake, Ice Climbers, Roy, then Pichu. Young Link hasn't been showing up on Japanese or North American voting trends. Now if they decided to add in Young Link separate from e-mails and ballot votes then thats different.

Any I just want to make clear, as much as people were requesting Lucas and Wolf, it doesn't come anywhere near the cries over Mewtwo during Brawl.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Smash_kirby wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Really interesting post here, UGX. I really don't have a problem with clones, but assuming Young Link returns, hopefully he would have a different final smash than Link and Toon Link. Possibly a Fierce Diety transformation which would work similar to Little Mac, Lucario and Charizard's final smashes. Another thing about Young Link they could do is regular, non-FS transformation ala Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Young Link/Deku Link/Goron Link/Zora Link. Might be tough to figure in since it's four characters in one, but I always wanted something like that since Melee and especially after Brawl since that introduced PT.

They wouldn't be able to do that. If you remember, they removed transformations in Smash 4 so that players could focus on one moveset. (Likely a PR answer and the real reason was the 3DS being a limited device, but don't expect that change to go away in the future.) Fierce Deity would work great as a FS, though, and seeing as Young Link never HAD a FS, it wouldn't be hard to do, but remember that the point of adding Young Link is because he's easy and simple to make, allowing for limited strain as Sakurai would already be focusing his attention on the ballot character at that point.

Yes, transformations were removed because of the same reason as Ice Climbers (i.e. the 3DS is too weak).

it isn't that the system was too weak it was also the fact they haven't been in a game in 20 years. If they weren't in smash the game would've been just an obscure game from the NES days. They just weren't worth the time for the return like Takamaru.

No, it actually is because the 3DS couldn't handle four Ice Climbers on the screen at one time. The Ice Climbers were in development for the game and were coming alone pretty well. The team stated after launch that they had the Ice Climbers working on Wii U, but the 3DS was giving them problems and that when it came down to it, they couldn't justify the time to try and find a way around the problem, and they weren't willing to have the Wii U roster and 3DS roster not match, so they were cut completely.

@IceClimbers I did point out that they may just not put a character out in February, but keep in mind why I said he has a shot. The animations all already exist. He'd have Link's moveset entirely and just be lighter and faster, but not floaty like Toon Link. The only reason this is plausible is because he's a total clone and doesn't have to take up as much time, money, or resources as Mewtwo, Ryu, or the ballot fighter would. The flipside of this being that he also wouldn't need to sell as well as the other DLC characters to make a profit. He'd be a low-risk, low-reward character that Sakurai could likely push through to testing and balancing in his spare time while working on the ballot fighter, and it would help fill the gap between Wolf and the ballot fighter.

The reason I acknowledge that there may be no February character is that one gap isn't much, and we'll be getting a very special newcomer on the other end of the gap.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Really interesting post here, UGX. I really don't have a problem with clones, but assuming Young Link returns, hopefully he would have a different final smash than Link and Toon Link. Possibly a Fierce Diety transformation which would work similar to Little Mac, Lucario and Charizard's final smashes. Another thing about Young Link they could do is regular, non-FS transformation ala Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Young Link/Deku Link/Goron Link/Zora Link. Might be tough to figure in since it's four characters in one, but I always wanted something like that since Melee and especially after Brawl since that introduced PT.

They wouldn't be able to do that. If you remember, they removed transformations in Smash 4 so that players could focus on one moveset. (Likely a PR answer and the real reason was the 3DS being a limited device, but don't expect that change to go away in the future.) Fierce Deity would work great as a FS, though, and seeing as Young Link never HAD a FS, it wouldn't be hard to do, but remember that the point of adding Young Link is because he's easy and simple to make, allowing for limited strain as Sakurai would already be focusing his attention on the ballot character at that point.

Yes, transformations were removed because of the same reason as Ice Climbers (i.e. the 3DS is too weak).

it isn't that the system was too weak it was also the fact they haven't been in a game in 20 years. If they weren't in smash the game would've been just an obscure game from the NES days. They just weren't worth the time for the return like Takamaru.

No, it actually is because the 3DS couldn't handle four Ice Climbers on the screen at one time. The Ice Climbers were in development for the game and were coming alone pretty well. The team stated after launch that they had the Ice Climbers working on Wii U, but the 3DS was giving them problems and that when it came down to it, they couldn't justify the time to try and find a way around the problem, and they weren't willing to have the Wii U roster and 3DS roster not match, so they were cut completely.

@IceClimbers I did point out that they may just not put a character out in February, but keep in mind why I said he has a shot. The animations all already exist. He'd have Link's moveset entirely and just be lighter and faster, but not floaty like Toon Link. The only reason this is plausible is because he's a total clone and doesn't have to take up as much time, money, or resources as Mewtwo, Ryu, or the ballot fighter would. The flipside of this being that he also wouldn't need to sell as well as the other DLC characters to make a profit. He'd be a low-risk, low-reward character that Sakurai could likely push through to testing and balancing in his spare time while working on the ballot fighter, and it would help fill the gap between Wolf and the ballot fighter.

The reason I acknowledge that there may be no February character is that one gap isn't much, and we'll be getting a very special newcomer on the other end of the gap.

Their "obscurity" is part of the reason if I remember correctly though. That's the reason why they couldn't justify spending extra time on the characters for the 3DS version.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Their "obscurity" is part of the reason if I remember correctly though. That's the reason why they couldn't justify spending extra time on the characters for the 3DS version.

I feel like its different now when it comes to prioritizing characters.

This is really the first Smash game where we as fans knew that some characters would be cut and not return well before the games release, and I think Nintendo and Sakurai's team underestimated the reaction fans would have to some characters not making the roster. The comments and ballot votes in Japan have been particularly interesting, as the top five characters that have received the most votes in the ballot have been cut veterans (with the next five after being all first party newcomers).

I think Nintendo knows more now that Smash players would like the characters they already made to stay in the series. Now if a character is cut, its not a death sentence for that character, and that shows that Nintendo is listening.

So now it doesn't matter as much if a character is obscure, especially in the Internet age. Mother 3 was never released outside of Japan? Doesn't matter. Word of mouth, importing and fan translations means people know about it all over. Ice Climbers too retro? Multiple virtual console releases means that people are still playing (same for Duck Hunt, and Takamaru, and G&W, and any other character that has or can appear in Smash). Character cut in a previous Smash game? Fan mods mean they're still being played, maybe even competitively.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko Yeah obscurity doesn't matter as much for Smash now, or at least the initial roster. Obscurity matters more for DLC characters. DLC, above all else, has to sell. Super obscure characters like Lip or Geno have no chance to get in because they wouldn't sell. They'd have to get in as part of the initial roster or as free DLC.

Due to that, I'd say that popularity will be a large factor in what character(s) are chosen from the Ballot.

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Yeah obscurity doesn't matter as much for Smash now, or at least the initial roster. Obscurity matters more for DLC characters. DLC, above all else, has to sell. Super obscure characters like Lip or Geno have no chance to get in because they wouldn't sell. They'd have to get in as part of the initial roster or as free DLC.

Due to that, I'd say that popularity will be a large factor in what character(s) are chosen from the Ballot.

Well, popularity really is what is driving the ballot, so yes you're right in that. Usually DLC is where you can take risks, but having a vote leaves it to who is trending at certain periods or who got get more votes at the end.

Azooooz

The hardware limitation of 3DS has made me think that Smash 4 should have been a Wii U exclusive. Veteran characters like Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer were not included because of the 3DS hardware limitations. Nintendo could have included more modes for the Wii U, but they didn't because they didn't want the 3DS version to be overshadowed.

However, from business perspective, they wanted to increase the user base by releasing the game on two different platforms,, i.e. 3DS and Wii U. They knew the risks of doing so, and I believe the risk were worth taking.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

Azooooz wrote:

The hardware limitation of 3DS has made me think that Smash 4 should have been a Wii U exclusive. Veteran characters like Ice Climbers and Pokémon Trainer were not included because of the 3DS hardware limitations. Nintendo could have included more modes for the Wii U, but they didn't because they didn't want the 3DS version to be overshadowed.

However, from business perspective, they wanted to increase the user base by releasing the game on two different platforms,, i.e. 3DS and Wii U. They knew the risks of doing so, and I believe the risk were worth taking.

I don't think they ever actually said that technical limitations were why transformation characters were taken out, and Charizard came back, regardless, so Squirtle and Ivysaur could've made it back, but there were already plenty of Poke'mon in the game that they just seemed redundant. Ice Climbers were the only characters cut due to hardware limitations. Besides that, as a consumer, what I gain by having a portable copy and a quality copy more than makes up for the loss of Ice Climbers.

Also, where did you hear there were more modes planned for Wii U? Because I don't think there were. If the 3DS Version didn't exist, I feel that the Wii U would basically just get the 3DS version's exclusive modes and not much else. The team was strained as it was, so I wouldn't expect much extra to come from that idea.

ZuneTattooGuy

Azooooz wrote:

Or they should have held back the 3DS version until the new 3DS XL was out and make it an exclusive on that system and the Wii U

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

UGXwolf

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Or they should have held back the 3DS version until the new 3DS XL was out and make it an exclusive on that system and the Wii U

Take a minute and think about what you just said... not seeing the issue? That would defeat the purpose and wouldn't at all be worth the expense. You wind up forcing people to choose between one system they don't have and don't want and another system they don't have and don't want. Rather than releasing the game on a popular system that happens to already have a very large user base, many of whom are Japanese gamers that have forsaken consoles. You have to question "at what point are people more willing to just give up" and I'd argue it's probably generally about the point that they have to spend money on a new system for exactly one game. If I hadn't needed a new 3DS, anyways, I wouldn't have wound up getting a New one and would never have played Xenoblade Chronicles. See what I'm saying?

Besides that, you'd be asking them to delay Smash 3DS for half a year. And it's not like it would've been on the New 3DS had the system been out sooner. They made a conscious decision not to put the game on the New 3DS.

MsJubilee

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Bingo

Take a minute and think about what you just said... not seeing the issue? That would defeat the purpose and wouldn't at all be worth the expense. You wind up forcing people to choose between one system they don't have and don't want and another system they don't have and don't want. Rather than releasing the game on a popular system that happens to already have a very large user base, many of whom are Japanese gamers that have forsaken consoles. You have to question "at what point are people more willing to just give up" and I'd argue it's probably generally about the point that they have to spend money on a new system for exactly one game. If I hadn't needed a new 3DS, anyways, I wouldn't have wound up getting a New one and would never have played Xenoblade Chronicles. See what I'm saying?

Besides that, you'd be asking them to delay Smash 3DS for half a year. And it's not like it would've been on the New 3DS had the system been out sooner. They made a conscious decision not to put the game on the New 3DS.

Bingo

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

ZuneTattooGuy

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

How do you sell a new system? Port a Wii game over to it, or release a sequel to one of Nintendo's largest franchises on it? I think if Smash only came out on the Wii U and New 3DS XL, you would have moved the new system a lot easier, not to mention it has Amiibo support built in. Plus they would have had to cut certain characters and could have made the game they wanted to.

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

Azooooz

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Fair enough, but I'm just giving you my opinion about what could have been.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

UGXwolf

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

How do you sell a new system? Port a Wii game over to it, or release a sequel to one of Nintendo's largest franchises on it? I think if Smash only came out on the Wii U and New 3DS XL, you would have moved the new system a lot easier, not to mention it has Amiibo support built in. Plus they would have had to cut certain characters and could have made the game they wanted to.

The New 3DS isn't really a new system, though. It's an iteration of an old one. They aren't trying to make it sell bucket loads, it's just so they have an option for games that wouldn't be possible on the main system. Notice that word, there? "Main." Because the New 3DS doesn't replace the old 3DS, since tens of millions of people won't be making the upgrade.

As for Amiibo support, the reader peripheral coming out this Fall will correct that little issue. Until then, it's an extra functionality for New 3DS users. Something to reward those that spent the extra money on the premium model. It doesn't stop the game from being on the main model.

Finally, they cut exactly ONE character due to hardware limitations. One and only one. They DID make the game they wanted to make, believe it or not. That was the reason it got pushed back from Summer to October. Smash 3DS, barring the exclusion of exactly ONE character, is exactly the game that Sakurai wanted to develop and more. He even took measures with the 3DS to bypass its own functionality. The 3DS can't generally be used as a controller for the Wii U, but Sakurai made it happen. The 3DS can't generally be used as an MP3 player, but the Smash team made it happen. The 3DS generally can't use StreetPass if it's active, but many dev teams have managed to make that one happen, too, including Sora LTD and Tekken Tag. Sakurai even had some of the 3DS's basic functionalities canceled specifically so Smash could run on the 3DS without sacrificing anything. If the Ice Climbers were still in the game, there'd be absolutely nothing missing from it, but if you have to take away the games mass availability just for that one character, you're wasting potential on something that isn't even heavily important.

I, for one, know that if Wolf had been cut due to the 3DS's limitations, I'd shrug, say it sucks, but then go back to appreciating the fact that the Smash 4 team had the foresight to put the game on a system that more people would be willing to get it on and had the urge to put it on a system that I can actually carry around with me, rather than being forced to play it during the very short periods of time that I'm at home and in the mood to play, rather than whining about how one character got cut because the vastly more popular system wasn't able to handle them.

IceClimbers

Looking forward, do you think that characters added in as DLC for Smash 4 will be part of the initial roster for Smash 5, or at least the 1st party ones?

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

The New 3DS isn't really a new system, though. It's an iteration of an old one. They aren't trying to make it sell bucket loads, it's just so they have an option for games that wouldn't be possible on the main system. Notice that word, there? "Main." Because the New 3DS doesn't replace the old 3DS, since tens of millions of people won't be making the upgrade.

As for Amiibo support, the reader peripheral coming out this Fall will correct that little issue. Until then, it's an extra functionality for New 3DS users. Something to reward those that spent the extra money on the premium model. It doesn't stop the game from being on the main model.

Finally, they cut exactly ONE character due to hardware limitations. One and only one. They DID make the game they wanted to make, believe it or not. That was the reason it got pushed back from Summer to October. Smash 3DS, barring the exclusion of exactly ONE character, is exactly the game that Sakurai wanted to develop and more. He even took measures with the 3DS to bypass its own functionality. The 3DS can't generally be used as a controller for the Wii U, but Sakurai made it happen. The 3DS can't generally be used as an MP3 player, but the Smash team made it happen. The 3DS generally can't use StreetPass if it's active, but many dev teams have managed to make that one happen, too, including Sora LTD and Tekken Tag. Sakurai even had some of the 3DS's basic functionalities canceled specifically so Smash could run on the 3DS without sacrificing anything. If the Ice Climbers were still in the game, there'd be absolutely nothing missing from it, but if you have to take away the games mass availability just for that one character, you're wasting potential on something that isn't even heavily important.

I, for one, know that if Wolf had been cut due to the 3DS's limitations, I'd shrug, say it sucks, but then go back to appreciating the fact that the Smash 4 team had the foresight to put the game on a system that more people would be willing to get it on and had the urge to put it on a system that I can actually carry around with me, rather than being forced to play it during the very short periods of time that I'm at home and in the mood to play, rather than whining about how one character got cut because the vastly more popular system wasn't able to handle them.

My issue with the 3DS version is it makes the Wii U version smaller in content, sure one character isn't something to really complain about but a number of modes being 3DS exclusive is a much bigger issue. Smash Run for example would've been great on Wii U but instead we got a very unwanted board game. But who knows, maybe the "more modes" thing Sakurai was talking about is actually more than just tournaments and in the end I will be convinced that the 3DS version existing is a good thing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

My issue with the 3DS version is it makes the Wii U version smaller in content, sure one character isn't something to really complain about but a number of modes being 3DS exclusive is a much bigger issue. Smash Run for example would've been great on Wii U but instead we got a very unwanted board game. But who knows, maybe the "more modes" thing Sakurai was talking about is actually more than just tournaments and in the end I will be convinced that the 3DS version existing is a good thing.

Yes, 3DS exclusive modes like Smash Run and... umm... Help me out here, I'm drawing a blank. There's that one mode that's like BeyBlade... oh, except that uses StreetPass. I wouldn't really call that a big change. I mean, they wouldn't add another Classic Mode. They'd likely just stick with one of the two. All-Star is literally the same, but in reverse, and anything else I can think of is already in the Wii U Version or exclusive to the Wii U version. Really, Smash Run is the only thing that would be in Smash Wii U, instead. I think I'll keep my separate versions.

(And as a side note, the Smash team went on record as saying they thought that Smash Tour was far more fun than anything else in the game. This is probably because they spend insane amounts of time making precise adjustments and dealing with the behind the scenes stats that they probably just enjoy unwinding and letting the game have more say than they do in what happens next. Reasons aside, considering they appear to prefer Smash Tour to Smash Run, I see why they put that on the Wii U version. It also makes sense, as Smash Run gives each player their own screen and their own stage which isn't influenced by the other players, but Smash Tour is all on one screen.)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic