Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,481 to 23,500 of 27,917

Blast

Pretty sure this will be the last time we see Mega Man in Smash. Capcom is being like Konami now and won't put games on Nintendo platforms. Just horrible.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

Pretty sure this will be the last time we see Mega Man in Smash. Capcom is being like Konami now and won't put games on Nintendo platforms. Just horrible.

Don't sell the poor guy so short. Konami wasn't putting games on Nintendo consoles even before Brawl. I don't think that'll necessarily keep Mega out of the game, especially when he fits so well alongside the main cast and still has such a massive fanbase and is still a big part of Nintendo history.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

cookiex

Blast wrote:

Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney don't exist apparently.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

By your logic were losing Pac-Man and Sonic as well. And will Nintendo really lose three iconic characters in gaming in there well known game? If Smash 5 does come i don't think they will.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

UGXwolf

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

By your logic were losing Pac-Man and Sonic as well. And will Nintendo really lose three iconic characters in gaming in there well known game? When Smash 5 does come i don't think they will.

Seriously, Nintendo wouldn't dare drop Smash. There WILL be a Smash 5. It's just a question of who will be in charge.

martinskrtel37

lol Capcom aren't in a position like that, having their characters in Smash is the best thing they got going these days.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Blast

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

By your logic were losing Pac-Man and Sonic as well. And will Nintendo really lose three iconic characters in gaming in there well known game? If Smash 5 does come i don't think they will.

And why do you think Snake is gone, hmmmmm?

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hey, Snake is still gone.

Master of the Hype Train

NintendoFan64

Blast wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

Well, those characters still show up on Nintendo consoles, and will probably keep appearing, or in Megaman's case, he'll probably come back when he gets back on his feet...whenever that happens, and considering Konami's recent actions, I don't think there's going to be ANY Konami games coming out on Nintendo consoles for a long time. Plus there's the fact that there've only been 4 Metal Gear games released on Nintendo consoles total, and Kojima is leaving Konami, so his chances aren't exactly that good.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Rexcalibr

martinskrtel37 wrote:

lol Capcom aren't in a position like that, having their characters in Smash is the best thing they got going these days.

Agreed. I don't see the logic in why Capcom would not want their characters in Nintendo games if that's true. It seems like a great marketing idea. I would like to see Alucard from Castlevania in Smash Bros. Would also be interesting to see a Tekken or Soul Calibur character cross into the game. Maybe Jin or Paul.

Rexcalibr

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

I love that you have nothing to respond with my comment. But okay and maybe Sakurai chose a character that's more iconic than Snake that's own by Konami? So yeah maybe he had a choice to pick Pac-Man or Snake. And he chose the tough man,tough man Pac-Man.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

Hey, Snake is still gone.

Does Konami own Monster Hunter and Ace Attorney? Do they?

UGXwolf

@Blast Snake only ever got in as a favor to Kojima. I don't understand where this hilarious idea that Nintendo themselves have anything to do with the characters on the roster, because they really don't. Who gets in and who doesn't is entirely Sakurai's decision. Nintendo wouldn't dare block him. If they were going to, Snake wouldn't have ever been in Smash, to begin with. Now that Kojima isn't working for Konami and doesn't have the rights to Snake, there's almost no hope that Snake will ever return to Smash, and besides that, the characters that replaced him are both way more iconic and legitimately have a substantial history with Nintendo.

SparkOfSpirit

Blast wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Blast wrote:

Because it's Konami you're talking about.

I would have much preferred Simon Belmont for a Konami rep, honestly. But I doubt we'll ever get him.

Edited on by SparkOfSpirit

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

CM30

Relax, I doubt they'll cut any of the current third parties. I mean, they're some of the most obvious choices for Smash Bros representation, and the likes of Mega Man don't even seem to get many of their own games any more, let alone those on other systems.

On another note, will the results of the ballot be announced at E3?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

cookiex

CM30 wrote:

On another note, will the results of the ballot be announced at E3?

The ballot is open until October so no.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

IceClimbers

Them adding a way to upload replays to Youtube actually seems plausible. The biggest complaint people have with the patches is that it deletes your replays because of it changing hitboxes and other engine changes. Converting the replay into a video to upload to Youtube solves that, and it also gets past the "Smash Bros not included in Creators Program list" issue (was Smash Bros ever added?). Kill two birds with one stone.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

NintyMan wrote:

https://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Wii_U

Oh, yeah, and here's the Inklings smashified.
Untitled
Untitled

Thats honestly really cool. It makes me want them in now.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Nothing Smash related in the Direct other than amiibo release dates, though I am curious if any amiibo can be used in Yarn
Yoshi. I wonder what a Ness Yoshi would look like.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Zerodactyl

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Nothing Smash related in the Direct other than amiibo release dates, though I am curious if any amiibo can be used in Yarn
Yoshi. I wonder what a Ness Yoshi would look like.

I think all the new Wii U info will be announced at E3.

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic