Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,441 to 23,460 of 27,917

MsJubilee

So no one wants Big Blue back in Smash 4? Oh

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TuVictus

call me crazy but I kind of want new stages, not stages I've played before in older games

TuVictus

Smash_kirby

Operative wrote:

call me crazy but I kind of want new stages, not stages I've played before in older games

Sol Sanctum Stage or the extremely lite up place in Dark Dawn from Golden Sun, and have some sort of mechanic of taking too much damage form the light or something.

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

Operative wrote:

Calm down there. Nobody is saying we don't want brand new stages. We're just being nostalgic.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Arminillo

i want a splatoon stage where your character tracks paint as they move from platforms. After a set period of time, the player with the most ink gets a random powerup (kinda like the warioware stage)

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

CapeSmash

My predictions for Smash at E3:

Ryu reveal trailer
Some extra info on Ryu + release date
Brief Lucas info + release date
Mii costume pack 2 info + release date
Miiverse stage info + release date
Tournament mode info + release date
DLC stages revealed (and maybe some release dates)

Less likely predictions:

Another character reveal maybe? If they do, my bets are on Roy or Wolf.
Smash Ballot update?

Overall, I think we're going to get A LOT of juicy Smash info at E3. Can't wait.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

CapeSmash wrote:

Ryu reveal trailer

Less likely predictions:

Smash Ballot update?

Overall, I think we're going to get A LOT of juicy Smash info at E3. Can't wait.

Love it. Want it.

UGXwolf

CapeSmash wrote:

Ryu reveal trailer

Less likely predictions:

Smash Ballot update?

Don't hold your breath for a release DATE on Ryu. Maybe a MONTH. Not a date.
The other stuff mentioned here will likely be in an upcoming update. Maybe in July. Maybe in August. Maybe Ryu is coming with it. We'll see.
Lucas and Mii costume pack 2 will probably be released together.
Wolf getting an announce isn't impossible, especially with Star Fox U on the way.

Can I just add that I want them to spend as little time on this as possible? I love Smash, but I'd rather we talk new games. Not old ones.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

UGXwolf wrote:

CapeSmash wrote:

Ryu reveal trailer

Less likely predictions:

Smash Ballot update?

Don't hold your breath for a release DATE on Ryu. Maybe a MONTH. Not a date.
The other stuff mentioned here will likely be in an upcoming update. Maybe in July. Maybe in August. Maybe Ryu is coming with it. We'll see.
Lucas and Mii costume pack 2 will probably be released together.
Wolf getting an announce isn't impossible, especially with Star Fox U on the way.

Can I just add that I want them to spend as little time on this as possible? I love Smash, but I'd rather we talk new games. Not old ones.

Agreed. I think it really should just be Ryu's reveal trailer with Lucas, the Miiverse stage, and Wave 2 of the Mii Costume DLC available following the presentation. Tournament mode and Ryu coming together in August.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Smash_kirby

At E3 they have announced 3 newcomers for the past 2 years, I hope they keep up that pace for this E3 at the very least.

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

I doubt three DLC newcomers is going to happen. Seems a bit much before the ballot is even two months in. I'm just hoping for a Lucas release date, confirmation on DLC stages (we still don't officially know if we are getting any), and an answer to the Roy/Ryu leak. DLC costume set two with confirmation that the Splatoon costumes are available for purchase would be cool.

I'm hoping for Star Fox WiiU info, with an official name reveal!

DreamyViridi

As far as Lucas goes, with any luck; the official site will stick to its word on him being a June release.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

IceClimbers

DreamyViridi wrote:

As far as Lucas goes, with any luck; the official site will stick to its word on him being a June release.

Basically he'll either be available following the presentation or he's delayed to July or August.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OCTAGON

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

I kinda want Rainbow Cruise to return from Melee/Brawl as DLC. Sure, it isn't that good of a stage, but it was still more memorable than most sidescrolling stages imo. cough RUMBLE FALLS, SERIOUSLY EFF THAT STAGE SO HARD cough

Admittedly, I also want Fourside. Like Rainbow Cruise, for nostalgia purposes.

Well I got Fourside as a custom stage in Smash 4, but it's not the same.

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@IceClimbers I don't know why you think that. He could easily be a week or two after the presentation. What if he's not quite done, yet? I mean, he's probably in balance and debug stage right now, so he's pretty much done, but I'm just saying, nothing's stopping them from releasing it in late June.

Anyways, I know I'm not the only person seeing the 2-month pattern, here. So here's what I'm thinking:

April 2015 - Mewtwo
June 2015 - Lucas
August 2015 - Roy
October 2015 - Ryu
December 2015 - Wolf
February 2016 - Young Link
April 2016 - Smash Ballot fighter

So why do I think all of this? Well, off the bat, the smash ballot fighter will most likely be a unique character and not a clone. This means he'll take probably about 6 months to fully develop. This isn't the case with clones and Brawl ports, which is why Lucas is already almost ready.

Obviously, I'm going off the assumption that the ROM dump is entirely legit and does, in fact, point to Roy and Ryu being DLC characters. So why is Roy in August instead of Ryu? Two reasons, really: 1) Roy is a clone of Marth and thus much quicker and easier to develop. He'd likely actually be pushed back to August to fill the two-month pattern (or moved FROM August to break it, since Sakurai hates doing things regularly). 2) Ryu would be an entirely new character and a big, big deal. Releasing him on the anniversary of Smash 3DS and at the end of the fighter ballot (possibly with announcements for Wolf and the ballot fighter) would just make a lot of sense. For this, we do have to assume that Roy and Ryu are already in development, probably starting around the time of the update for Mewtwo.

So then Wolf. He's probably on the back burner. I've said before that I think Wolf was planned to be in and got cut due to time constraints, and I still hold true to that speculation. If Sakurai weren't busy with bigger fish, Wolf might be out sooner, which just leaves...

Young Link. Why him? Why February? Why? Well, Majora's Mask 3D came out in February, for one. Holding him back for February makes sense. But more importantly, we've already got three characters that couldn't just be ported in from Brawl or cloned from another character already in the game. That's already going to take up a lot of dev time and all of Sakurai's attention span. Adding another completely unique character would be murder on the poor man's soul. So why not fill the slot with a clone of a pre-existing character?

I know what you're thinking. "But Toon Link already fills that role! Wouldn't Young Link require the same work as Mewtwo, being that they're both Melee characters? THERE'S TOO MANY SWORDFIGHTERS!" First off, shut up. "Too many [insert weapon here]" isn't a legitimate argument. I've explained that enough to not go in depth, here. Second, no, because you can literally just map Link's movements to Young Link's model (with the appropriate size adjustments, of course) and go straight to the next stage. And finally, Toon Link and Young Link would look distinct, but play more or less the same. Maybe with Young Link being less floaty. All the same, that's not stopping Roy from apparently returning, despite Marth already having a clone in the game and Lucina more or less filling Roy's role perfectly fine.

And of course, I have totally considered them just not having a character in February. Entirely possible, though I hesitate to say "likely." I wouldn't be surprised either way.

@Tsuchinoko Nintendo will never ever ever ever ever ever... ever... ... EVER... ever acknowledge a leak. Ever.

KryptoniteKrunch

UGXwolf wrote:

@IceClimbers I don't know why you think that. He could easily be a week or two after the presentation. What if he's not quite done, yet? I mean, he's probably in balance and debug stage right now, so he's pretty much done, but I'm just saying, nothing's stopping them from releasing it in late June.

Anyways, I know I'm not the only person seeing the 2-month pattern, here. So here's what I'm thinking:

April 2015 - Mewtwo
June 2015 - Lucas
August 2015 - Roy
October 2015 - Ryu
December 2015 - Wolf

So why do I think all of this? Well, off the bat, the smash ballot fighter will most likely be a unique character and not a clone. This means he'll take probably about 6 months to fully develop. This isn't the case with clones and Brawl ports, which is why Lucas is already almost ready.

Obviously, I'm going off the assumption that the ROM dump is entirely legit and does, in fact, point to Roy and Ryu being DLC characters. So why is Roy in August instead of Ryu? Two reasons, really: 1) Roy is a clone of Marth and thus much quicker and easier to develop. He'd likely actually be pushed back to August to fill the two-month pattern (or moved FROM August to break it, since Sakurai hates doing things regularly). 2) Ryu would be an entirely new character and a big, big deal. Releasing him on the anniversary of Smash 3DS and at the end of the fighter ballot (possibly with announcements for Wolf and the ballot fighter) would just make a lot of sense. For this, we do have to assume that Roy and Ryu are already in development, probably starting around the time of the update for Mewtwo.

So then Wolf. He's probably on the back burner. I've said before that I think Wolf was planned to be in and got cut due to time constraints, and I still hold true to that speculation. If Sakurai weren't busy with bigger fish, Wolf might be out sooner, which just leaves...

Young Link. Why him? Why February? Why? Well, Majora's Mask 3D came out in February, for one. Holding him back for February makes sense. But more importantly, we've already got three characters that couldn't just be ported in from Brawl or cloned from another character already in the game. That's already going to take up a lot of dev time and all of Sakurai's attention span. Adding another completely unique character would be murder on the poor man's soul. So why not fill the slot with a clone of a pre-existing character?

I know what you're thinking. "But Toon Link already fills that role! Wouldn't Young Link require the same work as Mewtwo, being that they're both Melee characters? THERE'S TOO MANY SWORDFIGHTERS!" First off, shut up. "Too many [insert weapon here]" isn't a legitimate argument. I've explained that enough to not go in depth, here. Second, no, because you can literally just map Link's movements to Young Link's model (with the appropriate size adjustments, of course) and go straight to the next stage. And finally, Toon Link and Young Link would look distinct, but play more or less the same. Maybe with Young Link being less floaty. All the same, that's not stopping Roy from apparently returning, despite Marth already having a clone in the game and Lucina more or less filling Roy's role perfectly fine.

And of course, I have totally considered them just not having a character in February. Entirely possible, though I hesitate to say "likely." I wouldn't be surprised either way.

@Tsuchinoko Nintendo will never ever ever ever ever ever... ever... ... EVER... ever acknowledge a leak. Ever.

Really interesting post here, UGX. I really don't have a problem with clones, but assuming Young Link returns, hopefully he would have a different final smash than Link and Toon Link. Possibly a Fierce Diety transformation which would work similar to Little Mac, Lucario and Charizard's final smashes. Another thing about Young Link they could do is regular, non-FS transformation ala Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Young Link/Deku Link/Goron Link/Zora Link. Might be tough to figure in since it's four characters in one, but I always wanted something like that since Melee and especially after Brawl since that introduced PT.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

UGXwolf

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Really interesting post here, UGX. I really don't have a problem with clones, but assuming Young Link returns, hopefully he would have a different final smash than Link and Toon Link. Possibly a Fierce Diety transformation which would work similar to Little Mac, Lucario and Charizard's final smashes. Another thing about Young Link they could do is regular, non-FS transformation ala Pokemon Trainer in Brawl. Young Link/Deku Link/Goron Link/Zora Link. Might be tough to figure in since it's four characters in one, but I always wanted something like that since Melee and especially after Brawl since that introduced PT.

They wouldn't be able to do that. If you remember, they removed transformations in Smash 4 so that players could focus on one moveset. (Likely a PR answer and the real reason was the 3DS being a limited device, but don't expect that change to go away in the future.) Fierce Deity would work great as a FS, though, and seeing as Young Link never HAD a FS, it wouldn't be hard to do, but remember that the point of adding Young Link is because he's easy and simple to make, allowing for limited strain as Sakurai would already be focusing his attention on the ballot character at that point.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

They wouldn't be able to do that. If you remember, they removed transformations in Smash 4 so that players could focus on one moveset. (Likely a PR answer and the real reason was the 3DS being a limited device, but don't expect that change to go away in the future.) Fierce Deity would work great as a FS, though, and seeing as Young Link never HAD a FS, it wouldn't be hard to do, but remember that the point of adding Young Link is because he's easy and simple to make, allowing for limited strain as Sakurai would already be focusing his attention on the ballot character at that point.

Yes, transformations were removed because of the same reason as Ice Climbers (i.e. the 3DS is too weak).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Smash_kirby

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

KryptoKrunch wrote:

Yes, transformations were removed because of the same reason as Ice Climbers (i.e. the 3DS is too weak).

it isn't that the system was too weak it was also the fact they haven't been in a game in 20 years. If they weren't in smash the game would've been just an obscure game from the NES days. They just weren't worth the time for the return like Takamaru.

Smash_kirby

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

April 2015 - Mewtwo
June 2015 - Lucas
August 2015 - Roy
October 2015 - Ryu
December 2015 - Wolf

Oh no no no! I didn't mean that! Not that they'd directly acknowledge the leak, but that we would get Smash info that would finally confirm the info, through a Roy or Ryu reveal.

Also I'm really hoping the stage DLC is real. Commute a lot for work and those 3ds stages are so bland. I just mostly play on the Prism Tower, omega Magicant, Corneria, the Reset Bomb Forest, and Arena Ferox, Spirit Train, and Final Destination. The other stages I never touch.

And last question, it late and I can't sleep. Just hypothetical here, but as a surprise DLC offering, how would everyone here feel if Sakurai announced that he finished Ice Climbers and was going to offer them as DLC, but as a WiiU exclusive.

Honestly I would personally have no problem with that, I know he said he wanted the roster to be the same, but its a special case, and they were originally going to be in Smash 4. And the roster in the initial release was the same.

A lot of fans want them back. I really don't think too many people would mind them being WiiU exclusive DLC.

Anyway, just putting that out there. I never see it discussed on other forums, so I was curious. I honestly think it would work. The WiiU version has become the main version anyway with tiers and tournaments and all that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic