Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,961 to 22,980 of 27,917

MegaMari0

I've had more problems with Kirby players than Sonic players. Sonic is pretty predictable. His speed is the only problem which is easily remedied with projectiles or preemptive strikes/grabs. kirby on the other hand as shown in the Art of kirby video I mentioned is a tough lil bugger to deal with all around.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

CapeSmash

I just found out you can change the character's victory screen animations via holding the d-pad in a certain direction when "GAME!" pops up...

Did anyone else know about this?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Pootypie

CapeSmash wrote:

I just found out you can change the character's victory screen animations via holding the d-pad in a certain direction when "GAME!" pops up...

What??? Really???

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

UGXwolf

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

OK, so I fought against a Sonic opponent, and it didn't go down too well. That B attack! And his Up-A! I tried stopping the B attack with my neutral A, but it only worked a few times.
Tips, anyone?

It depends on who your playing as.

Kirby.

I suggest you go to youtube and search "smash 4 Kirby guide: Art of kirby"

Hey, thanks! I've only started watching the video, but I can see that Izaw's Kirby game is a bit similar to mine, but I've learnt new stuff!

Izaw is awesome. He was a fellow Wolf main back in Brawl. I learned some of Wolf's moves from watching him.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

veeflames

To Tarrazu

"I don't think his up-tilt is particularly good, so I'm going to assume you mean his up-air. Don't even try to challenge Sonic when he's below you; just air dodge or DI away."
Yeah, I meant his up air. I don't know his moveset mapping really well, so forgive me for the confusion.

"I'm pretty sure Sonic's side-B (the dash) has no priority whatsoever, so you should be able to stop it with Kirby's rapid jab; keep in mind that Sonic can jump out of the dash and do an aerial, though."
I'm well aware of the Kirby's jab stopping dash attack, but Sonic's aerial follow is the frustrating part. I think I'll just try to dodge or shield, then punish him.

"This is just speculation, as I play neither Sonic nor Kirby, but I feel like the Kirby does very poorly against Sonic. Sonic has great aerials (f-air, n-air, and u-air all come out very quickly, and his b-air is great for killing) and Kirby, being primarily an aerial-based character, will have difficulties in finding an opening to attack. I'd say that, overall, Kirby's aerial kit is about equal to Sonic's; this wouldn't be a problem on its own, but Sonic--from what I've observed--also has much better throws, speed, and overall ground game."
I don't really want to think this, but it might be the truth. Expert Sonic players seem to give me a problem all the time.

"Kirby seems to be either matched or outclassed by Sonic in nearly every area aside from recovery, so I feel like you'll have difficulties with Sonic even if you are more skilled than the Sonic player."
Then I'll have to try and use characters that have an arsenal of projectiles, like Duck Hunt. However, I want to be able to beat all sort of characters with my main main. I guess that's just one of the advantages of having more than one main.

"The best advice I can give is to simply find a good Sonic player and practice against them."
Hence why I suggest there should be some sort of system in which you can select the character you want to play with for practice.

Thanks.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

CapeSmash wrote:

That's been a thing since Brawl at least. Not sure if Melee had that feature

@VeeFlamesNL When Sonic tries to roll into you so he can follow with his up aerial thigh clap just shield. They always do the thigh clap anyway and that leaves them wide open. Also yeah, you never want Sonic below you. Don't even try to do anything except GTFO if he is.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MegaMari0

Tarrazu wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

I've had more problems with Kirby players than Sonic players. Sonic is pretty predictable. His speed is the only problem which is easily remedied with projectiles or preemptive strikes/grabs. kirby on the other hand as shown in the Art of kirby video I mentioned is a tough lil bugger to deal with all around.

I've had issues with both characters, but I've definitely had more issues with Sonic. Zelda, my main, has terrible running speed, slow attacks, and long ending/landing lag on all of her moves. Against a good Sonic, Zelda is basically a punching bag.

I'm kind of surprised you have more trouble with Kirby. Which character do you usually play as?

Recently I've been using Megaman as my primary and going down the line to Toon link, duckhunt and captain falcon. Since I don't have the gamecube adapter/controller combo I don't play as often on the Wii U. When I do kirby is there lol. I feel I'd do better if i weren't using the clunky gamepad or the uncomfortable pro controller. The 3DS is where it feels like equal ground though my 3ds is now 3yrs old and wearing out from smash alone.....i've had to superglue the circle pad back on.lol

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

TeeJay

@Nintyman Nothing new there. I don't think anyone doubts that the Smash DLC is genuine

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai on DLC in his Famitsu column:

• Says that the Smash Bros. DLC is "genuine" compared to day-one DLC
  • The DLC is made "for the fans"

"It’s a huge undertaking to create a fighter, so I think we can’t make them in large quantities. I’d also like to feel refreshed when the project is over. However, since we have decided to tackle [DLC] once, I’d like to offer as much fun [content] as possible. It will take a while from now, but please look forward to it."

Take your time, Sakurai. We're looking forward to it. Heck, I'm already getting what I wanted !

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Hendesu

When will Mewtwo be released to the public?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TeeJay

@Sakurai You of all people should know

bluemage1989

I have got to say I am loving the amount of content in this game I love smash obviously but target blast and all of the stadium games are awesome, classic all star and the orders are great, smash tour took a little getting used to but is fun I love taking pictures of my trophies and making cool dioramas with them and listening to the music player and sharing pictures and using my amiibo and building stages. I'm currently trying to do the events which is fun but my favourite thing of all is the challenges I love this game.

bluemage1989

Hendesu

Is Sharing mode useless when consolebanned from Miiverse? Because I can't share my custom stages.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tsuchinoko

I've got a conversation starter. Let's say that with the five "Mario" slots, that is it for DLC. We know Mewtwo was already listed in his own slot in the character data, and Lucas takes up one of those slots (yay).

Now, lets assume that the Roy and Ryu thing actually happens, and three of the five slots go to Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. There's two left over, who do you want those spots to go to?

Now this is convoluted, and all, but I was curious who everyone wanted when limited to a small number using what partial post Mewtwo info we have.

I'd honestly go with Wolf right away. If I can only choose two, Ryu fills that third party slot, and is a newcomer. Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy and wanted cut veterans, and Wolf is highly requested.

My second pick is hard. I want Snake for multiple reasons. I've never played any of their games, but Isaac, Wonder Red, and even Shovel Knight look like good fits to the roster. Impa, Dixie Kong, and Krystal are highly requested female characters from series that didn't get a newcomer this time. K. Rool could work as well instead of Dixie.

I think if there two slots left, I think one should go to Wolf, and one should go to Isaac. Wolf would complete the highly requested first party veterans, and Isaac being one of the games with almost no representation should get his moment.

What about you guys?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

Tarrazu wrote:

Agitha or Ghirahim and maybe a Mother newcomer. Anything besides another blue haired Fire Emblem character pls.

Anything.

Untitled
Anything.

Roy isn't blue haired!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

Tarrazu wrote:

Agitha or Ghirahim and maybe a Mother newcomer. Anything besides another blue haired Fire Emblem character pls.

Anything.

Untitled
Anything.

Honestly, Duster, Poo, Kumatora, Paula, Flint, or even Porky would be interesting, but I'm just happy they decided to bring back Lucas (pre-ballot!), so I don't want to jinx anything by wanting more.

Agitha is one I didn't think of though. I do think Impa would deserve it more, and her recent design is battle ready and cool, but Agitha would be the strangest pick for Zelda representation.

Edit. Oops. Nothing beats Tingle at weirdness, but he's an assist so oh well...

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

FriedSquid

It's very tough to nail it down to two. I'm not very passionate about my wanted newcomers since I pretty much got who I wanted with Smash 4 already, but...

Impa, King K Rool, or Krystal all could fit in nicely as newcomers and they're highly requested, but I'm not really that enthusiastic about them myself (same goes for Wolf). I'd love it if Snake returned but I'm not sure that's going to happen, and Shantae or Shovel Knight would be fantastic but I think it's a stretch. There might just be too much work to bring any of those 3rd-party characters in.

Besides those, the only characters left that I want are Isaac, Wonder Red, Inkling, Chorus Men, and Kumatora (not happening now with Lucas). I think the first three have the best shot, so if I had to get my hopes up for those two character slots, I hope they'll be Isaac and Wonder Red. I would say Inkling or Chorus Men but I just can't be sure they'd make good fighters.

And I'll be honest — I'm excited for Ryu, but I hope this rumor isn't true because I could definitely do without Roy taking up that space.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

NintendoFan64

Well, Wolf, obviously. As for the last slot, it can't be Rayman because if Ryu DOES happen, it'd pretty much kill any chance of that happening, so King K. Rool. He has a lot of moveset potential, and there's a lot of people who support the idea of him being in Smash.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

Does anyone think Sega and Konami will get another representative in Smash bro's to counter's Capcom' Ryu? Like Konami can release Snake for Smash and Sega will release anything? That's what i been wondering with this Ryu thing.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FriedSquid

If Namco got a second rep, I think Lloyd Irving would make the most sense as he's seen a lot of Nintendo exposure. Even though he's 'another anime swordsman', he'd have a unique moveset.

I'm not really sure who'd make a good second Sega rep. Maybe they could use AiAi or Amigo but I think I'd just pick Tails or Shadow if he wasnt already an AT.

And I would really love if Snake came back and Simon Belmont was a second Konami rep. With Kojima leaving Konami I'm not really sure it would be easy to have Snake in again, though.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic