Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 22,561 to 22,580 of 27,917

Marioluigi7654

TwilightAngel wrote:

Marioluigi7654 wrote:

In what way has Diddy been nerfed?

Uair nerfed from 8% -> 6%, knockback reduced.

Fair nerfed from 12%/10% -> 10%/8%, knockback reduced.

Uthrow nerfed from 10% -> 8%, knockback reduced.

Dthrow nerfed from 7% -> 6%, knockback unchanged but hitstun reduced.

Monkey Flip (kick) nerfed 14%/12% -> 12%/10%, knockback reduced.

Monkey Flip (grab) nerfed 12% -> 10%, knockback reduced.

Banana (Throw) nerfed from 7% -> 5%
Everyone's happy that this stupid monkey has been nerfed.

Thank you for the info. He really has been nerfed. O_o

CapeSmash wrote:

Well... looks like Roy and Ryu are coming to Smash. https://twitter.com/CuttingRoomWiki/status/588467223833882627

THE HYPE TRAIN CONTINUES!

Wait... for real?

I was really expecting it to be fake. If this really is real... wow.

Marioluigi7654

Nintendo Network ID: redml51

Smash_kirby

I still wish Mewtwo would have custom moves, I wonder if Lucas will have custom moves.

Smash_kirby

Nintendo6400

I hope Ryu doesn't happen. I'd rather see a different 3rd party character that's not from capcom, sega, or namco.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

FriedSquid

Ryu isn't my first third-party newcomer choice, especially before Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, but I've wanted him in for a while and I think he'd have a good move set. I expect he'd be something like a slower Little Mac with more moves like Captain Falcon (though I hope he's more unique than that)

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

I'd be okay with Ryu. I'd be okay with Roy too, although he would be yet another Fire Emblem character and a swordfighter. Wolf would bite the dust yet again.

Man Wolf is definitely coming no doubt about it.He's the final Nintendo character that was cut from Brawl besides Ice climber that isn't for technical reasons.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

I kinda like the idea of Ryu being in Smash. His type of moves would fit perfect for my playstyle, as I LOVE playing as rushdown characters.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Tsuchinoko

TwilightAngel wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I'd be okay with Ryu. I'd be okay with Roy too, although he would be yet another Fire Emblem character and a swordfighter. Wolf would bite the dust yet again.

Man Wolf is definitely coming no doubt about it.He's the final Nintendo character that was cut from Brawl besides Ice climber that isn't for technical reasons.

Don't forget that with Star Fox U coming out its perfect timing.

Also guys, is it weird that I don't hate the Ryu idea? Same with Rayman though Ryu has me more interested. They have long histories on Nintendo consoles, recent Nintendo releases, and don't seem too out of place. I feel like Ryu should be weird but I can imagine it. I'm not a Street Fighter fan at all but a lot of my friends are.

Btw I told my BF and he just said "Chun-li would be better".

EDIT. Just wanted to make it clear that I'm still treating this as a hoax. Ever since Lucas was confirmed I've been really chill about further roster additions. Ill be even more so if/when Wolf is announced. I got my cut character back, so now the more the better.

Still only video game characters please! Lets not go crazy here.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

Ryu could be very interesting. I don't think it's too hard to imagine a move set for him:

Neutral B - Hadouken
Side B - Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Up B - Shoryuken

So on, so forth. I don't have a problem with him getting in, but where's mah Wolf ;A; Seriously, if these files actually indicate upcoming characters to the game, are they seriously bringing back Roy, but not Wolf?! If that actually happens, I'm gonna be pretty pissed. I mean, geez! If they hadn't brought Lucas back, at least his specials were already in the game, but Wolf is nowhere to be seen aside from a frankly insulting palette swap of a character I can't use and exactly ONE of Wolf's specials. Sad days, indeed.

But on that note, I do feel the need to bring it down a bit and point out that just because files exist for the characters doesn't mean they're getting in. Remember the Forbidden seven? (Granted, those files were empty)

Also @Marioluigi7654 I don't think you understood what I meant. A palette swap is not an alternate costume. Examples: Wolfox is a palette swap. Red Marth is a palette swap. Alph is an alternate costume. The Koopalings are alternate costumes. In this scenario, Roy wouldn't get his own tile on the CSS, he's just be a set of four-to-eight colors that Marth can becomes that will also change the name to Roy.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

Hey guys my team cracked down on the data files, and we found sound files and textures for Shrek! This clearly means that Shrek is officially in the game!!!

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Rexcalibr

Who the **** voted for Shrek? Seriously people? He's not even a video game character. You might as well put Captain Crunch in there then.

Ryu seems weird for SSB but interesting. Also would be cool to see Bomber Man make the cut.

Rexcalibr

Joeynator3000

I found leaked footage of Xiao Pai, video was taken down a minute later though. TwT
why are we doing this again?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Marioluigi7654

UGXwolf wrote:

Also @Marioluigi7654 I don't think you understood what I meant. A palette swap is not an alternate costume. Examples: Wolfox is a palette swap. Red Marth is a palette swap. Alph is an alternate costume. The Koopalings are alternate costumes. In this scenario, Roy wouldn't get his own tile on the CSS, he's just be a set of four-to-eight colors that Marth can becomes that will also change the name to Roy.

Right! Right, sorry about that. I was confused. That wouldn't be a bad idea, satisfying the Roy fans while not having to do any extra balancing or anything.

Marioluigi7654

Nintendo Network ID: redml51

Pootypie

Rexcalibr wrote:

Who the **** voted for Shrek? Seriously people? He's not even a video game character. You might as well put Captain Crunch in there then.

Ryu seems weird for SSB but interesting. Also would be cool to see Bomber Man make the cut.

I don't know... but I have found him in the sound files... I can say that me saying I found Shrek in sound files is good enough to confirm a leak.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

carnage2211

So um guys what if it isn't Ryu from street fighter? And Ryu from ninja gaiden??

Poop

the1andonlyIKY

Im not gonna watch this topic due to the gazillion replies it gets but...

After the update. I seem to have found a bug where it softlocks my game.

Something to do with testing a stage in the stage creator. Went into the test thing and no buttons responded. So i clicked quit on the touchscreen (which it let me do), but after that, the game was effectively softlocked. No buttons responded nor the touchscreen, with the exception of the HOME button. In the HOME button screen, everything works properly. If you resume the game, nothing but the HOME button again. Let's you exit the game from there. I restarted my console and am about to try again.

Note: Again, this is after the 1.0.6 update. Also, I bought the Mii Fighter costume pack.

the1andonlyIKY

the1andonlyIKY

As a follow up: I just tried again, this time attempting to create a new stage. Going thru the size/background/music menu is fine, but it froze up again once it got to the actual stage creator. I did have the analong pressed a direction as that came up, and it moved for maybe two-tenths of a second before it froze.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my first reply - The music keeps playing and the highlighted button still blinks/changes color, as well as the background keeps moving. Thus, a softlock.

the1andonlyIKY

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf I don't think there's anything to worry about regarding Wolf. I could see the Smash setup working like this:

April - Mewtwo (confirmed)
June - Lucas (confirmed)
August - Roy, FE6 released for Wii U VC in the west (in English)
October - Ryu, SFIV for Wii U or SFII for Wii U VC (and Wii VC games returned like DKC trilogy recently)
December - Wolf
February 2016 - Ballot pick #1 (maybe Krystal), Star Fox U released

I honestly think Star Fox U will be delayed to 2016 like with Zelda U leaving Xenoblade X or an unannounced Animal Crossing U as the huge holiday Wii U title.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Ryu could be very interesting. I don't think it's too hard to imagine a move set for him:

Neutral B - Hadouken
Side B - Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Up B - Shoryuken

So on, so forth. I don't have a problem with him getting in, but where's mah Wolf ;A; Seriously, if these files actually indicate upcoming characters to the game, are they seriously bringing back Roy, but not Wolf?! If that actually happens, I'm gonna be pretty pissed. I mean, geez! If they hadn't brought Lucas back, at least his specials were already in the game, but Wolf is nowhere to be seen aside from a frankly insulting palette swap of a character I can't use and exactly ONE of Wolf's specials. Sad days, indeed.

But on that note, I do feel the need to bring it down a bit and point out that just because files exist for the characters doesn't mean they're getting in. Remember the Forbidden seven? (Granted, those files were empty)

You and I were rooting for each others characters, and I'm so glad Lucas made it in, but I do want Wolf too. I really think he's going to make it in. Star Fox has a huge release coming up, and after Lucas, Wolf is the veteran with the biggest number of votes, in Japan at least. He is very likely to make it in. I've been waiting to vote in the ballot, but if Wolf isn't announced by the end of summer, ill vote for him.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Late

carnage2211 wrote:

So um guys what if it isn't Ryu from street fighter? And Ryu from ninja gaiden??

The file found was a sound file which contains Street Fighter music and victory theme.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Pootypie
When I saw this combo... my eyes opened so big. Holy crap

Pootypie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic