Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,521 to 21,540 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

JLPick wrote:

Has more characters and more items, but...I liked the Wii version better for the story-mode element that they added, and miss it in this version. There just seemed like a lot more to do in the Wii version than this version.

Most people hated the Subspace Emissary. Probably why it was taken out.

Actually the reason it was taken out was because people post videos on Youtube and so the story would be spoiled.

You're right, but I feel like that misses the point. A lot of people seem to think Sakurai was mad that the videos were posted and refused to do those kinds of cutscenes in the game out of rage, but it was more because he didn't feel like that made for a very good reward, since you didn't even have to play the game to see those. Hence why those cutscenes were made for each newcomer and posted one at a time leading up to the game's release at Sakurai's command. This was so he could maintain the hype on his own terms, rather than having it all ruined by the Internet. He almost pulled it off until a certain series of leaks came out and ruined everything.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

IceClimbers

Yeah Jigglypuff is a horrible character for beginners. I'd recommend using Kirby or perhaps Mario to start out with to learn the basics.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Jazzer94

Tarrazu wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok at risk of sounding like a noob here which I will admit I am when it comes to Smash Bros but what would be a good character for someone to learn who is new to the series?

@Tasuki experimentation is key though a character with a good/easy recovery is always good to learn the basics so Jiggs, Villager or Kirby might be a good start or Mario for a character with good close and range gameplay.

I really do not recommend using Jiggly as a starting character. One of her only KO options is Rest, which is difficult to hit with reliably even when you know what you're doing. I can't count how many times I've messed up OoS Rests.

Flat out wrong, bair, nair and dash attack are fine options I question whether you've played the character enough to make a comment.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Kai_

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok at risk of sounding like a noob here which I will admit I am when it comes to Smash Bros but what would be a good character for someone to learn who is new to the series?

@Tasuki experimentation is key though a character with a good/easy recovery is always good to learn the basics so Jiggs, Villager or Kirby might be a good start or Mario for a character with good close and range gameplay.

I really do not recommend using Jiggly as a starting character. One of her only KO options is Rest, which is difficult to hit with reliably even when you know what you're doing. I can't count how many times I've messed up OoS Rests.

Flat out wrong, bair, nair and dash attack are fine options I question whether you've played the character enough to make a comment.

I wouldn't really say her nair or dash are KO options unless they're at a very high damage, bair and rest are really her best options, that and just repeated fairs out wide to stop them recovering.
Either way she's not a good character for a beginner, she's both light and slow and it's very easy to make mistakes with most of her specials.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

TeeJay

I'm no Jigglypuff main but I can't imagine her being good for beginners. She seems like a highly technical character to me.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

TeeJay wrote:

I'm no Jigglypuff main but I can't imagine her being good for beginners. She seems like a highly technical character to me.

Really isn't a technical character.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Blast

Beginners shouldn't start with Link or Zero Suit Samus. Both are very cool characters but are so cheap in Smash.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

Jazzer94 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Jigglypuff is not a beginner character... what makes her a beginner character?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Jazzer94

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Jigglypuff is not a beginner character... what makes her a beginner character?

Honestly anyone on the cast is capable of being a beginning character, on the subject of Jigglypuff very little tech skill apart from short hopping and good spacing is required to make use of the character plus the fact Jiggly is a good character to help build confidence off stage easily.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

Beginners shouldn't start with Link or Zero Suit Samus. Both are very cool characters but are so cheap in Smash.

1) No, they really aren't. They have spam potential, yeah, but so do a LOT of characters.
2) That would make them WONDERFUL beginner characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tasuki

Really appreciate all the advice guys. I tried Mega Man for a bit the other day but honestly didn't do to well with him, which is a shame cause I am a huge Mega Man fan. I am thinking of trying out Meta Knight cause I like his look but also thinking of trying Captain Falcon or Zero Suit Samus.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JunkosBoobies

Tasuki wrote:

Really appreciate all the advice guys. I tried Mega Man for a bit the other day but honestly didn't do to well with him, which is a shame cause I am a huge Mega Man fan. I am thinking of trying out Meta Knight cause I like his look but also thinking of trying Captain Falcon or Zero Suit Samus.

Yeah, Mega Man really isn't a good character for beginners. I personally recommend Link/Toon Link, as when I started playing Smash Wii U, I found them to be easy to use.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Tasuki wrote:

Captain Falcon is IMO the most fun character in the game plus he has a great dash grab.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Pootypie

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Captain Falcon is IMO the most fun character in the game plus he has a great dash grab.

And he has the most manliest moves in the game possible.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TeeJay

Shovelknight got Smashified!

I wish I could remember how to inbed videos but whatever

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

I'd totally love to see Shovel Knight in Smash, but I doubt it will ever happen. If they do end up deciding to do more DLC, I'd expect it to be Lucas or Wolf if it's a veteran, Inkling if it's a newcomer.

Anyways, yeah Mega Man isn't a good character for beginners. Even those that are familiar with the franchise had trouble getting the hang of him (to be perfectly honest, Mega Man came naturally to me for some reason ). His play style is rather specific and requires more effort to use effectively compared to, say, Zero Suit Samus or Mario.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Captain_Toad

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Captain Falcon is IMO the most fun character in the game....

Gee I wonder why. (Looks at avatar)

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Captain_Toad

BTW I would say that pac-man and WiiFitTraineris good for beginners. Pac-man attacks pretty fast and has some fun projectiles and WiiFitTrainer has some specials that can heal and buff and her hitboxes are all over the place in a good way. Or take a mii and choose a class. (Swordsman is my personal recommendation)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Azooooz

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah, Captain Falcon is pretty easy to play as. I told my young brother who has started playing Super Smash Bros., to select him, and he's started to get good at him. He's both fast and powerful, but make sure that his attacks hit your opponent.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic