Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,501 to 21,520 of 27,917

Blast

Dark Pit is now my main! The guy is so much fun to play as! Sakurai!!! I will never doubt your reasoning for character slots ever again! Man, Dark Pit is crazy fun!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

miiandmario

midnafanboy wrote:

I just used Pac-man for the first time,he's so fun to use!I He's going to be new main,i love him more then ever now!

Yeah he's a blast to play as!

Switch FC: 6433-7682-7412
3DS FC: 2852-9290-8506
Wii U Name: MiiandMario

Tasuki

Ok at risk of sounding like a noob here which I will admit I am when it comes to Smash Bros but what would be a good character for someone to learn who is new to the series?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Pootypie

Tasuki wrote:

Ok at risk of sounding like a noob here which I will admit I am when it comes to Smash Bros but what would be a good character for someone to learn who is new to the series?

Try a character whose games you play. Like if you play Legend of Zelda try out Link or Ganondorf for example.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Grumblevolcano

It looks like Europe are getting their Club Nintendo Smash CDs in the post as some have received it in these past few days so keep an eye out for them if you registered within the promotion time limit.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Undead_terror

Actually used my Link amiibo more, he is now max rank, heals by attacking, using the shield and by killing, he had max power and almost max defense but he was too slow so he is a bit faster now...to think one attack could do 70 damage!, give the power to someone else and it might do more.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

TeeJay

Undead_terror wrote:

Actually used my Link amiibo more, he is now max rank, heals by attacking, using the shield and by killing, he had max power and almost max defense but he was too slow so he is a bit faster now...to think one attack could do 70 damage!, give the power to someone else and it might do more.

I don't feed my amiibos because they become completely broken when you do. It's no fun when the amiibo wins everything every time because they have such an advantage. Playing against them is no fun and playing with them on your team is no fun.

They STILL have a natural advantage over you without equipment statwise at level 50, but at least things are somewhat more even then.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

Just got my CD!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Bigtime

Has anyone from the UK had their CD yet? Just wondering when I should expect it.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

DreamyViridi

Bigtime wrote:

Has anyone from the UK had their CD yet? Just wondering when I should expect it.

I've yet to receive fine but one of my friends says he's got the CDs. So they are being delivered now.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

I'm conducting an Amiibo Tournament with all my lvl 50 amiibos! I started already, here are the brackets so far

Rules: 2 stocks, Final Destination, no items, All amiibo have never been fed equipment to keep things as fair as possible. No customs

Bracket 1

• Rosalina
  • Me (as Robin)
  • Villager
  • Toon Link

WINNER: Villager! (I lost in the first round wow. I did make 2nd though)

Bracket 2

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Toon Link (I have 2)

WINNER: Mario!

Bracket 3

• Bowser
  • Megaman
  • Yoshi

WINNER: To be determined

Let's see how this goes!

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Holy crap, bracket 3 was an exciting match! Yoshi survived longer that I thought, mostly because he stayed out of the action and threw eggs like a wuss. After Bowser took out Megaman and turned his attention to Yoshi however, Yoshi couldn't take it. It got really really close though! The final blow hit them both but Bowser won by a hair. I should do this more often. Now on to the finals!

Finals

• Villager
  • Mario
  • Bowser

WINNER: MARIO! Wow I was not expecting that to be honest! I had especially trained Bowser for free-for-alls and Villager always seemed to win matches the most often. Mario wins....nothing. He's an amiibo.

Edited on by TeeJay

Jazzer94

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki experimentation is key though a character with a good/easy recovery is always good to learn the basics so Jiggs, Villager or Kirby might be a good start or Mario for a character with good close and range gameplay.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

JLPick

Has more characters and more items, but...I liked the Wii version better for the story-mode element that they added, and miss it in this version. There just seemed like a lot more to do in the Wii version than this version.

JLPick

TeeJay

JLPick wrote:

Has more characters and more items, but...I liked the Wii version better for the story-mode element that they added, and miss it in this version. There just seemed like a lot more to do in the Wii version than this version.

Most people hated the Subspace Emissary. Probably why it was taken out.

Tasuki

Ok so I have to admit I am feeling a bit over whelmed with this game with all the modes and such. But I am determined to figure out what makes this game so great.

Just a quick question what do trophies do in this game?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Azooooz

Tasuki wrote:

Ok so I have to admit I am feeling a bit over whelmed with this game with all the modes and such. But I am determined to figure out what makes this game so great.

Just a quick question what do trophies do in this game?

It's your favorite Nintendo characters get to face against each other and beat the hell out of each other is one of the things that makes this game great Not to mention, getting to play as new characters feels awesome..

Also, yeah, the modes in this game aren't as impressive as Brawl was, but they are decent. I play crazy orders a lot just to finish Mario 20 turns challenge, but I'll probably come back to it another time.

Trophies are your collections, and Nintendo was smart by including Trophy Boxes so that we keep hunting those trophies. They are basically just for fun. I get a good feeling when I complete a trophy box.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

TeeJay wrote:

JLPick wrote:

Most people hated the Subspace Emissary. Probably why it was taken out.

Actually the reason it was taken out was because people post videos on Youtube and so the story would be spoiled.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic