Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,541 to 21,560 of 27,917

Pootypie

Captain Falcon is my best but I have to say Ganondorf is the most fun to play as. I always find myself playing as him... I don't feel like maining Falcon because he's literally the character mained by most people.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Rexcalibr

After playing this game for the first time on a Gamecube controller, I gotta say it's soooo much better than the Pro Controller. I actually think playing with the 3DS is better than the pro controller but you can't use it online as a controller. Not saying the pro controller is horrible but the analogs aren't nearly as good as a Gamecube controller and the C-stick works so much better for tilts. It's like the Gamecube controller was DESIGNED for Smash Bros.

I ordered a GC adapter and controller today. Can't wait till it comes it.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Also wanted to say, Diddy Kong and Rosalina are the two cheapest characters I've ever played. Rosalina for obvious reasons that I'm sure you're all aware of by now. Diddy Kong because when he throws you up and follows up with, I think it's an up-air, it's almost impossible to dodge or do anything against it. It also hits hard and kills pretty easily.

Anyone know if these two characters are banned from tournaments?

EDIT - also wanted to say, while I don't find Falco and Fox as cheap as the other two I mentioned, they're very annoying to fight. They're so fast and I find it hard to get a good hit on them sometimes. I have the same issues with Sonic but with Fox and Falco, I swear the fight ends up turning into a roll contest and just takes the fun out of the fight.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Tsuchinoko

Just wanted to put my two centavos in. As a Zelda main I would not recommend her for a beginner (and yes, I saw all of the Zeldawful comments, and I didn't say anything, though I gave side-eye for days. I could totally own you all with her. Though, I can admit, I hate what they did to her forward smash).

I always thought that Peach and Pikachu were good characters to start with, though some players spam Pikachus up special and that gets predictable and there are characters (like Zelda) who can deflect it back.

I'm liking what they did with ZSS. She got so much stronger in this game. I do think she is technical and not too spammy. Diddy is fun too and IS spammy. Rosalina is just ridiculous.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Rexcalibr

I wouldn't even say Peach is a good character to start with. You need to master her float and that takes time. I know it took me time. I actually remapped one of my jump buttons especially for her so I could use the float and ground float more efficiently. She's also not an aggressive character so you need to train yourself to play aggressively with her.

I think the best people to start with would be Kirby (as his fly/jump is great for beginners who have a hard time recovering to get back on the stage), Captain Falcon, Mario, and Link.

This is assuming you're playing competitively. If you're just playing casually, it really doesn't matter.

Rexcalibr

Tasuki

Ok now that I have some suggestions for characters to try, thanks everyone for the suggestions which mode would be good for some one new to Smash to learn without feeling overwhelmed?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Azooooz

Tasuki wrote:

Ok now that I have some suggestions for characters to try, thanks everyone for the suggestions which mode would be good for some one new to Smash to learn without feeling overwhelmed?

Watch this clip, if you know the basics, skip it. The Wii U version is pretty much the same:

I suggest you start with either Smash mode or Training mode. Hone your skills before facing people online.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

veeflames

I think any Mii class is the best for any beginner. Most of their moves are the same as almost any character you would like to main next.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Yesterday I came across so many spammers, mainly Fox/Falco side and neutral specials as well as Little Mac's neutral A. Was so annoying though I won most of my matches when changing to Dark Pit. I just really hope that Mewtwo and Miiverse/tournaments arrive soon so more enjoyable matches can return.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yesterday I came across so many spammers, mainly Fox/Falco side and neutral specials as well as Little Mac's neutral A. Was so annoying though I won most of my matches when changing to Dark Pit. I just really hope that Mewtwo and Miiverse/tournaments arrive soon so more enjoyable matches can return.

Speaking of tournaments, will Nintendo Life schedule tournaments once the system is up and running?

God first.

Grumblevolcano

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Speaking of tournaments, will Nintendo Life schedule tournaments once the system is up and running?

I'd guess it would depend how things work. I think the 50 fact Direct didn't provide enough information to come to a conclusion, even GameXplain are unsure whether they will do Smash tournaments.

(Starts at 27:04)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Tasuki wrote:

I personally suggest going to Games and More. If you have someone, have them play co-op with you, but if not, go for Classic mode and try to push the difficulty as best you can. (Definitely don't start above 3.0, though, so you can at least get a feel for how to play.) The difficulty is set before you play, so it doesn't allow you to back down if a fight was a close call (not saying you would, but not having the option is generally beneficial), but it does let you raise the difficulty at your own pace.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

@Tsuchinoko Even though I wasn't a person dismissing Zelda I want to fight you some time as you seem confident in your ability.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Kai_

Tarrazu wrote:

I don't understand why people think Rosalina is cheap. Diddy, I can understand, but not Rosalina. Granted, I haven't played as Rosalina much, nor have I played against many Rosalinas, so I could simply be missing something.

Up air.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

UGXwolf

It's got decent knockback, combined with Rosalina's ease of getting characters high in the air and her high jump that gets her close enough to the blast zone to pull a Mega Man at rather low percents.

Kai_

Tarrazu wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

I don't understand why people think Rosalina is cheap. Diddy, I can understand, but not Rosalina. Granted, I haven't played as Rosalina much, nor have I played against many Rosalinas, so I could simply be missing something.

Up air.

Kind of expected that. I don't know much about Rosalina's uair, other than that it's disjointed and has quite a bit of range. Is the knockback powerful?

It has a lot of knockback if you sweetspot it, has killed bowser for example at around 60%, and laughably others at 30-40%. It's arguably stronger than Diddy's, she just doesn't have the guaranteed combo into it.

Kai_

Captain_Toad

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Up air.

Kind of expected that. I don't know much about Rosalina's uair, other than that it's disjointed and has quite a bit of range. Is the knockback powerful?

It has a lot of knockback if you sweetspot it, has killed bowser for example at around 60%, and laughably others at 30-40%. It's arguably stronger than Diddy's, she just doesn't have the guaranteed combo into it.

Is that near blast zone levels?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

veeflames

I don't find Rosalina broken... I just find her attacks... fast? It's like rock paper scissors when attacking her and she always wins. Not to mention, as someone said, her U-air.
How do I deal with Yoshi? His dash grabs and dash f-A's annoy me to death...

God first.

UGXwolf

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I don't find Rosalina broken... I just find her attacks... fast? It's like rock paper scissors when attacking her and she always wins. Not to mention, as someone said, her U-air.
How do I deal with Yoshi? His dash grabs and dash f-A's annoy me to death...

Expect it. Yoshi's fair is good, but he's got major limits to his aerial effectiveness. You're far better off trying to recover from below the stage than trying to get back on directly. As for his dash grab, just be aware that he's gonna do that when he's running at you. Spot dodge or get in the air. If you can jump over it and down air him, that'll do the trick pretty well. Personally, I find Yoshi's egg snipes to be far more annoying.

Kai_

Captain_Toad wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Up air.

Is that near blast zone levels?

Fairly I guess but it's still crazy.

Around 1:45, dat Luma.

Kai_

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic