Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,721 to 19,740 of 27,917

CapeSmash

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

>1. [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 227,527 (New) (Japan)

Dang it.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Blast

SockoMario wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

SALES PREDICTIONS:
NOTE: if all of these predictions end up being wrong, you can all look back at this and laugh at me, or whatever.

1. 100,000 copies in US (launch weekend), and 40,000 in Japan
2. It will take 3 months for the game to sell 1,000,000 million
3. Captain Toad will outsell Smash Wii U by 2 million worldwide by March 2015
4. The game will flop
5. Gamecube Smash Wii U bundle sales: 30,000 worldwide by March 2015
6. 35% of the Wii U's install base will buy the game
7. If/when 3DS owners buy a Wii U that own Smash 3DS, 10% of them will buy Smash Wii U
8. The game will have 2 million lifetime sales
9. It won't "save" the Wii U
10. Only hardcore Smash fans will buy the game
BONUS: 11. Captain Toad will have 4 million lifetime sales.

Bottom line: My expectations are extreeeeemley low. If the game does well, I will be really shocked.

>1. [Wii U] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U – 227,527 (New) (Japan)

Dang it.

HA!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi

1. Already wrong because of the U.S. launch, and you just admitted you were wrong about the Japan launch,
2. Already wrong.
3. CT:TT will have to sell nearly four million copies to meet your prediction. Not happening.
4. Far from it.
5. Eh...you might technically be right, but the demand is certainly there.
6. Someone do the math for me.
7. An odd prediction, but I bet that number will be higher. Really, the only way to determine this statistic is through surveys, which has a margin of error.
8. I don't know the current lifetimes sales, but that number will soar over your prediction when all is said and done,
9. I'll give you this one, but it's a pretty astute prediction....
10. Clearly wrong.
11. I'm sorry, I doubt this'll happen.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Dave24

brewsky wrote:

6. Someone do the math for me.

With this, he expected that Smash sales would be around 2,5 mln (for the moment of course - if consoles from this point on would NOT be sold). So he also contradicted himself with "2 mln" sales (which was unrealistic and Partech or whatever his name was level of bs) and with HC Smash only, although I don't know. Are there that many hardcores?

You're welcome.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Joeynator3000

...Please don't tell me one of the soundtracks in the game is locked away by a ridiculously hard challenge. T.T lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MasterWario

Xiao_Pai wrote:

...Please don't tell me one of the soundtracks in the game is locked away by a ridiculously hard challenge. T.T lol

Pretty sure the Master Fortress CDs you have to finish classic 8.0 a few times.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Yoshi

So, is there a challenge like the "Clear Classic on 7.0 with all characters" but with a higher intensity? Because I'm working through the roster in Classic Mode, and I don't want to be bamboozled with a challenge where I have to clear them all on 8 or something like that.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Yoshi

Is that it? Ok, that's definitely feasible. Some of these challenges, though....

Now playing:

Joeynator3000

MasterWario wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Pretty sure the Master Fortress CDs you have to finish classic 8.0 a few times.

...Well that sucks. T.T
Can barely get past 7.0...

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Grumblevolcano

Do any of you have any advice for other characters that are easier to complete Classic on 8.0. Only completed with Marth so far though my main Ike seems too slow for the Master Fortress section.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Do any of you have any advice for other characters that are easier to complete Classic on 8.0. Only completed with Marth so far though my main Ike seems too slow for the Master Fortress section.

Try Bowser?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Joeynator3000

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Try Bowser?

Was about to say this, Bowser in this game is much better compared to Brawl.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

MegaStoneSmash91

Finally got around to beating Classic on 9.0. It took many tries and I had my fair share of idiotic things happen, but hopefully it will be easier when I do it again. Master Fortress really annoyed me the first couple times I tried it. Then I got used to the enemy placement, since it's the same every time, and started taking out the "laser flowers" right when I saw them. They really are the biggest threat in the Master Fortress other than the yellow danger zones. The Stalfos will really only disrupt you if you stop to fight them, and the Plasma Wisps are somehow less annoying than in Smash Run. All you need to do is be careful, especially after trying it a few times.

Now finishing Classic 9.0 without losing a life is a different story. Since that challenge doesn't outlaw them, I'm hoping the use of customizations will lead to victory. Now I just have to decide on the character I'll use and load them up with good equipment.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

@MasterWario @brewsky @GrumbleVolcano It's actually only two. I did it with Ike and Bowser. Wasn't /too/ difficult. Now clearing 9.0 without customs might really be tough for me, and doing it without losing a life, even WITH customs, will be very, very difficult. I'm hoping I get some really good equipment before I attempt that one.

Also, if any of you have any Home Run Bat equipment for Mario, that'll make the Crazy Orders 20 turns challenge much, MUCH easier.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NintendoFan64

NintyMan wrote:

Sakurai in an interview with Famitsu:

On Duck Hunt's inclusion in the roster:

• “The original Duck Hunt is a quite major game.”
  • Duck Hunt could be the best-selling shooting game in the world since it came bundled with the NES in America
  • Reviving the character and game was part of the fun of bringing in Duck Hunt, but making a character unique is still the most important

On other interesting comments:
-8-player smash was once planned for Melee

• “It was a thing I considered when thinking about the follow-up for the first Smash,” Sakurai noted. Sadly, “it was more than impossible” based on technical performance. This time around, it was “achieved just barely. In 8-Player Smash, the stage selection is limited, stage gimmics are changed [no bosses for example] and so on.”
  • Making Smash figures was considered before amiibo
  • Plans for Smash amiibo began in February

On the exclusive features of each game:

• Sakurai said: “The big exclusive features for each version, Smash Run and Smash Tour, were decided at the beginning.” Both modes use the unique characteristics of their hardware. Sakurai also states, “Game options depend on hardware’s performance and those were changed during development.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-talks-duck-hunt-inclusi...

Shame they couldn't get 8-Player Smash in Melee. It would've been awesome with the Ice Climbers.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

Wait... when's wave 2 going to be released for America? The December 21st launch date is for Europe NOT America... apparently...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Yoshi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Wait... when's wave 2 going to be released for America? The December 21st launch date is for Europe NOT America... apparently...

It's hard to say, unfortunately. I think Zelda, Diddy Kong, and Little Mac seem to be released where the others seem to be delayed.

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic