Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,341 to 19,360 of 27,917

Pootypie

I wonder how long it's going to take to finish all challenges, unlock all trophies, customs, and equipments. I'm going to try to get everything in this game, but it may take a while. I'm mainly focusing on customs for my 10 mains though, I'm getting there. Also I noticed for challenges the difficulty of them increases the higher the row is, I have like barely any done at top rows but I completely cleared the last two rows...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Kewlan

Hey I'm back! Remember when I hated on Smash 3DS? Probably not, but today I got my copy of Smash one day early (I live in Europe and it releases tomorrow.) and played about 25 matches...

This game is amazing and for some reason(s) way better than the 3DS version! I LOVE THIS GAME! It's also funny how I can't play online yet because they haven't distributed the patch to Europe yet.

Edit: Seems quite a few got it one day early!

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I wonder how long it's going to take to finish all challenges, unlock all trophies, customs, and equipments. I'm going to try to get everything in this game, but it may take a while. I'm mainly focusing on customs for my 10 mains though, I'm getting there. Also I noticed for challenges the difficulty of them increases the higher the row is, I have like barely any done at top rows but I completely cleared the last two rows...

Back in Brawl, I was 2 challenges away from completing everything before my old Wii went kaput. This stuff takes time, that's for sure. I had fun with other stuff and then occasionally say "Alright, I'll try this" and spend hours on that challenge. I wonder what Smash 4's that challenge will be...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

jariw

Kewlan wrote:

This game is amazing and for some reason(s) way better than the 3DS version!

Nintendo kind of tried to explain that in the 50-fact extravaganza video.

jariw

Pootypie

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

Back in Brawl, I was 2 challenges away from completing everything before my old Wii went kaput. This stuff takes time, that's for sure. I had fun with other stuff and then occasionally say "Alright, I'll try this" and spend hours on that challenge. I wonder what Smash 4's that challenge will be...

I don't know why but I never focused on challenges in Brawl... but I am focusing on them now, also how many trophies are there for Super Smash Bros or Wii U? Anyone knows?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MsJubilee

Kewlan wrote:

Hey I'm back! Remember when I hated on Smash 3DS? Probably not, but today I got my copy of Smash one day early (I live in Europe and it releases tomorrow.) and played about 25 matches...

This game is amazing and for some reason(s) way better than the 3DS version! I LOVE THIS GAME! It's also funny how I can't play online yet because they haven't distributed the patch to Europe yet.

Edit: Seems quite a few got it one day early!

Welcome back

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

My internet problems were fixed so the only thing that can go wrong is if GAME takes the North American strategy regarding the GC bundle (i.e. selling preorder copies to those who arrive first and haven't preordered).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

jariw wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I'm speaking of the core gameplay. For some reason it felt way better. A big part might be because the controller I use is better for me, because I can customize controls and because the screen is bigger and in HD!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Sparx

Anybody have any tips for how to play Shulk? I've been trying to play as him for a while but can't seem to win much

My avatar is from here

DreamyViridi

I think this is the most fun 8-Player Smash video I've seen. ^^
Be warned of bad language (though it's in good fun).

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

DreamyViridi wrote:

I think this is the most fun 8-Player Smash video I've seen. ^^
Be warned of bad language (though it's in good fun).

I hope Max never gets old.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Pootypie

I wish you could upload replays to youtube from game itself, I got some I want to upload

Pootypie

Datasun_7

This game is so good, its just so much fun it also helps I haven't played the 3DS version yet so its all fresh and exciting love the couple of new-comers I've tried so far

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

jariw

Kewlan wrote:

jariw wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I'm speaking of the core gameplay. For some reason it felt way better. A big part might be because the controller I use is better for me, because I can customize controls and because the screen is bigger and in HD!

Yes, a width of 1920 pixels (the Wii U version) would logically result in almost 5 times more smooth/controlled/fine-tuned movement than a screen width of 400 pixels (the 3DS version).

jariw

SubBronze

Amazon wrote:

"Due to a late supply of stock, your order for "Nintendo GameCube Controller Super Smash Bros Edition (Nintendo Wii U)" from your order # [Insert confidential infomation] will be delayed. You should receive this item by Tuesday, 2 December 2014"

Oh well, I have old GameCube controllers anyway. It would have been nice to play the game with a brand new one straight away, but what can you do. Amazon did give me a £3 off code because of the delay, so that makes up for it I guess. As long as the actual game arrives on time (which it should being already dispatched with 1 day delivery), all is good

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Kewlan

@jariw Man, what is up with you?

Sparx wrote:

Anybody have any tips for how to play Shulk? I've been trying to play as him for a while but can't seem to win much

All you gotta do is BECK SLESH, EIR SLESH!
And don't forget to taunt "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!"

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

veeflames

Ugh! How come Ike has a super strong final smash?! I just returned to the stage after getting KOed, then another player as Ike charges for me(yeah, I'm a normal target online), uses his final smash and like that I lose a point... No fair.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jariw

Kewlan wrote:

Just being tired of kids acting surprised that the 3DS and Wii U versions would feel different, that's all. Other than that, just annoyed that I don't get the game until tomorrow.

jariw

retropunky

Kewlan wrote:

Sparx wrote:

All you gotta do is BECK SLESH, EIR SLESH!
And don't forget to taunt "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!"

Don't you mean... "Back scratch!"

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

There's quute a few of that challenges in this game.

Among these are the beat Classic on 9.0 without Customs, Beat 8 Miis in Cruel Smash with Lucina, and Acheive 8 Rush Frenzies in solo Trophy Rush while using Dr. Mario. There's even a collect everything somewhere up there, but THE challenge is easily clearing Classic on 9.0 without losing a single life. Good luck.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic