Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,361 to 19,380 of 27,917

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

TheGreatBrawler wrote:

I wonder how long it's going to take to finish all challenges, unlock all trophies, customs, and equipments. I'm going to try to get everything in this game, but it may take a while. I'm mainly focusing on customs for my 10 mains though, I'm getting there. Also I noticed for challenges the difficulty of them increases the higher the row is, I have like barely any done at top rows but I completely cleared the last two rows...

Back in Brawl, I was 2 challenges away from completing everything before my old Wii went kaput. This stuff takes time, that's for sure. I had fun with other stuff and then occasionally say "Alright, I'll try this" and spend hours on that challenge. I wonder what Smash 4's that challenge will be...

There's quute a few of that challenges in this game.

Among these are the beat Classic on 9.0 without Customs, Beat 8 Miis in Cruel Smash with Lucina, and Acheive 8 Rush Frenzies in solo Trophy Rush while using Dr. Mario. There's even a collect everything somewhere up there, but THE challenge is easily clearing Classic on 9.0 without losing a single life. Good luck.

For Lucina just do counter

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Datasun_7

Finding Classic mode quite hard at the moment, wondering if I'm just bad at the game

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Sparx

PKpunky wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

@jariw Man, what is up with you?

Sparx wrote:

Anybody have any tips for how to play Shulk? I've been trying to play as him for a while but can't seem to win much

All you gotta do is BECK SLESH, EIR SLESH!
And don't forget to taunt "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!"

Don't you mean... "Back scratch!"

There's my issue, I didn't use the right taunt!

My avatar is from here

CapeSmash

Sparx wrote:

Anybody have any tips for how to play Shulk? I've been trying to play as him for a while but can't seem to win much

Short hop neutral air, and forward air.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Justlink

Is making a CD factory doable?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

TeeJay

SockoMario wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I met a Shulk using that tactic the other day and I didn't know how to deal. I pretty much got destroyed. That damn neutral air has a really wide arc.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

Sparx wrote:

That's just a start. I had a big post for this, and yes, I actually suggested this for interrupting charged moves or anyone expect Shulk to be slow.

Unfortunately, my phone died as I was finishing the post, so I'll have to re-type it, when I get home.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

TeeJay wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I met a Shulk using that tactic the other day and I didn't know how to deal. I pretty much got destroyed. That damn neutral air has a really wide arc.

Usually you're gonna have to read it. Shield grabbing is entirely possible, here, if they get close enough.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

skywake

12 hours before I can download it

................................................................................................

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

LzWinky

Skywake may not be able to get it until Saturday there

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

WaLzgi wrote:

Skywake may not be able to get it until Saturday there

Oh that explains it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-download-updates-2711-smash-boo...
"Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo, $79.95 out 29/11)"

Usually midnight Australian Eastern Standard time which means I can probably start downloading it at 9PM here. It's what, 15GB? No pre-download thing. So on my 'nets I won't be able to play it until after midnight. Still easier than going down to the shops tomorrow morning. Also cheaper given the price I got the eShop credit for.

Edited on by skywake

Henmii

So its finally here guys! So far I am really happy with it. Its fun (of course) and looks amazing! And no big loading times! As a comparison, the 3DS version (and Brawl) had quite the loading times. Also its much easier to launch a opponent in this version (compared to Smash 3DS), wich I appreciate. Also fun little details, like the trophy's coming into their own little boxes (in the shop). Only silly thing is that you need a SD-card for saving screenshots. Why for pete's sake, I have a hardrive connected! Maybe something to fix in a future update?

1 question: How many trophy's does this version have? And how many are also in the 3DS version? Also, is 140 the maximum challenges count?

Henmii

skywake

THEY'RE PUTTING IT ON THE AUSTRALIAN ESHOP AT 9PM AEST RATHER THAN THE USUAL MIDNIGHT LAUNCH

Untitled

Bigtime

Anyone else Amazon ore-order get delayed till the 19th? I am not happy.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

erv

Bigtime wrote:

Anyone else Amazon ore-order get delayed till the 19th? I am not happy.

No, but my digital download from game uk hasn't arrived yet. Which is strange and hasn't happened before. And, as I want to play this weekend, I had hoped to receive it already.

Oh bummer - but the 19th of december would be way too much for me. I don't like being a day or even a week late, though we'll manage - let alone 3 or 4.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Azooooz

Cruel Smash mode in the Wii U version is waaay harder than on 3DS. Two smashs attack from them, and you'll fly like a rocket.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

SubBronze

Bigtime wrote:

Anyone else Amazon pre-order get delayed till the 19th? I am not happy.

My GameCube controller got delayed until the 19th. Got an emial last night saying it was delayed until the 2nd. Not too bad, only a few days late and I still have my old GC controllers until then. Woke up this morning to find another email saying its now delayed until the 19th, not happy at all...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Pootypie

Azooooz wrote:

Cruel Smash mode in the Wii U version is waaay harder than on 3DS. Two smashs attack from them, and you'll fly like a rocket.

That's why you do counter lol, an effective way to do it is to jump off the stage grab onto ledge then do roll attack so all miis would be bunched up, at that moment do counter so you send THEM flying like a rocket hehe.

Also I am pretty interested in knowing how many trophies there are. Anyone knows?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic