Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 18,981 to 19,000 of 27,917

CaviarMeths

Came home from work to see my download done, and just got back from Future Shop to pick up a copy for my brother too! This weekend will be for glory.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

irken004

irken004 wrote:

Squid wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I was particularly impressed by the Samus one, so much so that I might get that someday.

That is really reassuring! I was thinking of getting hers first, but afraid it might not look as good up close. Hopefully I can also find a good Marth amiibo.

Did you get a chance to see Fox's amiibo? From the image on Amazon I thought his looked very detailed, down to his jacket zipper. Any idea if it looked nice in person?

@irken004 That sucks. Hopefully Target has a copy for you!

I'm almost certain they'll have a copy of the game at least, I'm just going to them early tomorrow to see if they also have the link amiibo.
(plus my target is notorious for not putting out nintendo games on shelves on release day because of them not being out on tuesdays like every other game company )

And back from target! Grabbed the game and the link AND samus amiibo, though toys r us said they shipped my game despite me cancelling my order. So I'll just send that back and get a refund.

Blast

I can't get it until Christmas.... but I gotta be strong!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Late

I went to Twitch to see how many Smash streams there are since I can't play it for another week and noticed that TwitchPlaysPokemon. They played an online match and even got one kill as Yoshi. I wonder what those other guys thought when there's a Yoshi doing some random things.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JoyBoy

So how is the online? Maybe someone would like to share some details with us(europeans)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

jariw

Spanjard wrote:

So how is the online? Maybe someone would like to share some details with us(europeans)

According to GameXplain, WiFi works great for him (there's a 1 vs 1 and a 4-player video available).

According to the thread at NeoGAF, some users say WiFi has more lags than the 3DS, and others say WiFi is excellent and much better than 3DS. The general consensus on the NeoGAF thread is that it works excellent with a wired connection.

jariw

Faruko

GGWP GOTY 2014 because it comes with a freaking manual !!! A MANUAL... IN 2014 !!!!

And yes, the game is great/awesome

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

kereke12

I'm not seeing any hype from anywhere .... WHY!!!!!!

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kereke12

jariw wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

According to GameXplain, WiFi works great for him (there's a 1 vs 1 and a 4-player video available).

According to the thread at NeoGAF, some users say WiFi has more lags than the 3DS, and others say WiFi is excellent and much better than 3DS. The general consensus on the NeoGAF thread is that it works excellent with a wired connection.

I smell a patch from Nintendo in the horizon.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

jariw

kereke12 wrote:

This is the reason why this forum has more than 20,000 posts. Perhaps people are playing Smash?

jariw

kereke12

Blast wrote:

I can't get it until Christmas.... but I gotta be strong!

So am I....We need to stay strong!!!

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

kereke12

jariw wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

This is the reason why this forum has more than 20,000 posts. Perhaps people are playing Smash?

Yeah I'm not seeing hype anywhere. But yeah your right people are playing it.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

JoyBoy

So does anyone know if I am able to play "free for all" online with friends- Two on one screen playing with someone else online?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

veeflames

OneBagTravel wrote:

Does anyone not use "Up" as jump and just rely on the actual jump buttons? I've setup X and Y as Attack and Smash because it's more comfortable for me. I might turn off Up jump and switch it to B to see how well I do.

Yes, I use ‘up’ on the controller and 3DS to jump, although many at times I find myself the victim of an input error and lose a point. In a way, I kinda wish there was some easier way to use Smash attacks, because no matter how I look and seem perfect pressing the right buttons, I'm either doing the wrong move or just a plain Smashtack.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

FriedSquid

A few minutes in and the game is already amazing...

Unfortunately my GameStop had the GC adapter shipment delayed, as did a lot of other stores, until next week. Playing on the GamePad (maybe worse than the 3DS) is awkward but better than nothing!

So far I got three amiibos, Mario, Link, and Samus. Mario looks the best, virtually no paint mistakes. Some of Samus' had a bit of paint mistakes, but the one I found was good enough; otherwise it looks great. I wasn't planning on getting Link, but once I saw the quality of the Marth figures I decided to get someone else. Fox was unavailable, so I got Link to eventually use in HW also. Over all he looks decent, but the yellow support beam and his awkwardly angled-down pose bothers me. Still, the Toys R Us deal was 3 for $30, so it was a good value.

Now, back to Smash... Enjoy the game, everybody!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Offspring

I played one match online and the lag was terrible. Hopefully it was just because I was using Wi-Fi instead of a wired connection.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

veeflames

GregDavisBlows wrote:

I played one match online and the lag was terrible. Hopefully it was just because I was using Wi-Fi instead of a wired connection.

Or maybe it's because there are other people trying online out too.. probably with a Wi-Fi connection...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Gridatttack

Yeah, im not hoping the online to be this great now, considering everyone is playing the game. Ill give it a few days to stabilize it.

Meanwhile i'll try to unlock all the stages and characters.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic