Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 19,001 to 19,020 of 27,917

OmegaMetroid93

I have a very important question.
If I register my copy of Smash for the Winter Bonus Game Promotion thing for this winter, can I still use it to get the Smash Bros Soundtracks and Mewtwo?

OmegaMetroid93

MasterWario

kereke12 wrote:

I'm not seeing any hype from anywhere .... WHY!!!!!!

Because the hype unloaded for the 3ds version. We know all the characters already, and from the 50-fact extravaganza we know most of the Wii U specific details. The Wii U version of Smash is more the definitive version that everyone wants to play, rather than the version everyone wants to see how the new Smash plays. That's how I feel anyway. Like I'm looking forward to stage builder and playing with other people who don't have a 3ds. It's not really something to go hype about in forums everywhere, even if it will get more play time than the 3ds version.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

irken004

GregDavisBlows wrote:

I played one match online and the lag was terrible. Hopefully it was just because I was using Wi-Fi instead of a wired connection.

I played about 2 or 3 online wifi matches and while there was a very small amount of lag, it was certainly playable and better than my 3DS wifi smash experience.

Budda

GregDavisBlows wrote:

I played one match online and the lag was terrible. Hopefully it was just because I was using Wi-Fi instead of a wired connection.

It was only one match? And which mode?
You can't judge it by only playing one match. Even the best running fighting game online has lag.
If it was 4 player, of course it lags. Only one player with a bad connection is enough to mess up the connection.
Try out 1v1. On the 3DS it runs very well. I even got a few matches where it was like I was playing offline. Funny.. The first time I had that, I thought the game was extremely fast and it wasn't normal. Realizing after a minute that this is actually the normal speed. lol
Anyway. If you always have very laggy matches, then it's your connection. If both player have perfect connection, the game plays 100% smooth.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Inkling

Squid wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

2. SQUID

I bet Reggie put that one in there for me~

Nah, for me

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Joeynator3000

Question, before I do this later on, I heard Mii settings (like custom equipment and stuff) would be locked if I transferred them...is that true? Should I just recreate them in the Wii U version?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Azooooz

I know it's late, but:

"Pic of the day. The day has finally arrived. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now available in the Americas!! I hope you'll enjoy this game's many modes and play it as you see fit."

Untitled

"Here's a look at the controls screen for the Wii U Pro Controller. We needed to match the default settings for all controllers for buttons such as L and R, but there must be players out there that want to use the ZL and ZR Buttons for shielding. You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves.
Set up your controls however you like in Controls."

Untitled

Enjoy playing the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

retropunky

I was able to get the game at a midnight release, and then play a few games with a friend. It's just so much better to play on tv.

And I finally got myself the Gamecube adapter today! Man, I can't wait to get home!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Faruko

Played a couple of matches and got some lag, but nothing too bad, obviously we have to wait a week or so untill the crazy stops and the servers get some fresh air (and maybe a patch or 2 if they think its necessary)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

jariw

Faruko wrote:

Played a couple of matches and got some lag, but nothing too bad, obviously we have to wait a week or so untill the crazy stops and the servers get some fresh air (and maybe a patch or 2 if they think its necessary)

Are you using a wired connection? I checked the NeoGAF thread (about 2,500 posts and page after page about online) and I'm unable to find any post related to bad wired connections, only problems when using WiFi.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936928

jariw

Faruko

jariw wrote:

Faruko wrote:

Are you using a wired connection? I checked the NeoGAF thread (about 2,500 posts and page after page about online) and I'm unable to find any post related to bad wired connections, only problems when using WiFi.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=936928

Im using wifi , need to find a way to put a big ethernet cable for my PS4/WiiU

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

MisterMan

I just played a game online and had no lag at all and I'm set up wireless.

MisterMan

jariw

The scores for IGN and Polygon are up now, BTW.

Polygon: 9.5
IGN: 9.8

Edited on by jariw

jariw

NintendoFan64

Got my copy today, and I am loving it. Haven't tried out the amiibos or Smash Tour yet. I will eventually, though.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Crimzonlogic

I can't get the game yet for a while,(The 3DS version will do for now) but I saw some Amiibos today and aside from some minor paint mess-ups on some figures they look awesome. They are smaller than I thought they'd be, though. Can't wait to get my Pit.

jariw wrote:

9.8? Why not just give it a clean 10 or 9.5? That .8 just bothers me. (Not that it matters)

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

This games is 1000000000000000000 times better than the 3DS version. If you already have the 3DS version, and are hesitant on buying the Wii U version; don't. BUY IT. Also, Smash Tour is just as good as Smash Run. However, opinions may vary on that, because Smash Tour is a really mixed mode opinion wise.

This game is just so much better than its little brother, to the point I'll probably never ever play that version again.

10/10. BUY IT. BUY IT. BUY IT. BUY IT. BUY IT!!!!!!

Getting the GameCube controller stuff tomorrow.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

I guess I should get the Gamecube Controller after all

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Knux

Now to play the waiting game on this game with the GameCube controller bundle and Yoshi amiibo from Amazon...

Knux

Budda

Knux wrote:

Now to play the waiting game on this game with the GameCube controller bundle and Yoshi amiibo from Amazon...

At last you don't have to play the waiting game for a week(or two in Japan).

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Jacob717

Crimzonlogic wrote:

I can't get the game yet for a while,(The 3DS version will do for now) but I saw some Amiibos today and aside from some minor paint mess-ups on some figures they look awesome. They are smaller than I thought they'd be, though. Can't wait to get my Pit.

jariw wrote:

9.8? Why not just give it a clean 10 or 9.5? That .8 just bothers me. (Not that it matters)

Too much water in the Pilotwing stage.

Jacob717

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic