Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,841 to 15,860 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

vonboy89 wrote:

It's just nintendo keeps doing into things other companies have driven into the grown. I mean, their 2 packs for MK8 is basically a season pass. Charging for DLC before it's even ready yet is just kinda... wrong. It's caused some uproar when other companies did it.

I just hope they don't take things too far.

You mean, preordering it? Which is the choice of the buyer and not a requirement? I'm sorry I don't see the problem. But I'm nearly 30 with a full-time job. I've earned my disposable income and I can think of worse ways to spend it.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

People jump to conclusions because their characters got cut. I learnt to get over this after Melee to Brawl cuts.

But back then Nintendo had a completely different mindset. They still believed that online gaming was a fad and that DLC was a horrific idea because it made the games shipped incomplete.

Yeah, but Mario Golf has made some DLC's lately and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity as well I believe. As long as I don't have to spend money or even alot of money. Maybe introduce new characters like they do with event Pokemon: Obtain characters through given codes or sent to you going to the local game store. I don't want Nintendo charging money for great characters like Snake, Dixie, Marshal and such where they should have been placed on the roster in the first place.

I was talking about the past, in the Wii era virtually all DLC was for 3rd party games (e.g. Guitar Hero and Rock Band). Since 2013, Nintendo's view of DLC has largely changed.

And I don't like it.

When its good DLC why not? There's lots of potential, and there's so many characters that could possibly be in. Stages too.

Exactly. I mean, they could bring back all the old characters, like Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, maybe even Roy! But not the Ice Climbers. I don't really think they're ever gonna show up. They could even bring back all the old stages, like some stages from the N64 game...seriously...why they didn't bring back any stages from the game is beyond me.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

vonboy89

Tsuchinoko wrote:

vonboy89 wrote:

It's just nintendo keeps doing into things other companies have driven into the grown. I mean, their 2 packs for MK8 is basically a season pass. Charging for DLC before it's even ready yet is just kinda... wrong. It's caused some uproar when other companies did it.

I just hope they don't take things too far.

You mean, preordering it? Which is the choice of the buyer and not a requirement? I'm sorry I don't see the problem. But I'm nearly 30 with a full-time job. I've earned my disposable income and I can think of worse ways to spend it.

Hmm, probably because I don't ever preorder either. I just don't like paying for something before I even know if it's good or not, like one of my pet peeves.

Other people probably don't have a problem with it.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

People jump to conclusions because their characters got cut. I learnt to get over this after Melee to Brawl cuts.

But back then Nintendo had a completely different mindset. They still believed that online gaming was a fad and that DLC was a horrific idea because it made the games shipped incomplete.

Yeah, but Mario Golf has made some DLC's lately and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity as well I believe. As long as I don't have to spend money or even alot of money. Maybe introduce new characters like they do with event Pokemon: Obtain characters through given codes or sent to you going to the local game store. I don't want Nintendo charging money for great characters like Snake, Dixie, Marshal and such where they should have been placed on the roster in the first place.

I was talking about the past, in the Wii era virtually all DLC was for 3rd party games (e.g. Guitar Hero and Rock Band). Since 2013, Nintendo's view of DLC has largely changed.

And I don't like it.

When its good DLC why not? There's lots of potential, and there's so many characters that could possibly be in. Stages too.

Exactly. I mean, they could bring back all the old characters, like Snake, Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, maybe even Roy! But not the Ice Climbers. I don't really think they're ever gonna show up. They could even bring back all the old stages, like some stages from the N64 game...seriously...why they didn't bring back any stages from the game is beyond me.

I feel like Ice Climbers are enough of a fan favorite that they could show up in a future Smash installment with no problem.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

And I don't like it.

I feel like Ice Climbers are enough of a fan favorite that they could show up in a future Smash installment with no problem.

Only if the the console is capable of holding the power of the dynamic duo unlike the 3ds. Hopefully, DLC's will be made and not be costly while bringing along old, necessary characters, stages and maybe more patches, fixes and all sorts. Their's nothing to do at this point in the meantime except make assumptions.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Kewlan

Mario Kart 8 has DLC... Hyrule Warriors have DLC...
Why would Smash not have?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Because we should take the logical step and conclude that our favorite characters are confirmed for DLC without any source!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DefHalan

WaLzgi wrote:

Because we should take the logical step and conclude that our favorite characters are confirmed for DLC without any source!

Great Idea! KRYSTAL CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

KO-Cub

DefHalan wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Great Idea! KRYSTAL CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC

Expect a clone.

KO-Cub

Kewlan wrote:

Mario Kart 8 has DLC... Hyrule Warriors have DLC...
Why would Smash not have?

The difference between Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors to Smash Bros is different. With Mario Kart, I don't need extra characters really. Neither in Hyrule Warriors. I mean Midna and Impa are basically it for me. People would be still happy to play with what they got and even without DLC's. In Smash Bros. Its a given to have all the characters: to know their moves, weaknesses and such. Also the fact that Smash Bros roster is more important than Mario Kart roster or Hyrule Warrior roster, too, imo. Smash Bros is meant to have all the stages unlocked, all the characters unlocked and the modes unlocked without DLC, no? I'm not saying it could change in this one, but it wouldn't be a better Smash Game than any previous Smash game if some content wasn't accessible for all to enjoy.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Inkling

I hope there's DLC for this, I don't care who it is

UNLESS IT'S MEWTWO OR RIDLEY

That would make me cry

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Uncle_Franklin

WaLzgi wrote:

Brian Blessed has been confirmed for Smash Bros.!

Uncle_Franklin

LzWinky

Anyway, I've said this before, but my point is the following. I think it's probable that we'll get DLC, but it seems lately that fans are desperate to find any sort of hint that their character will be confirmed. It's a serious case of denial...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Inkling

My uncle's wife's sister's daughter's husband works at Nintendo, and he says Party Phil and Penny are in Smash as DLC

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Pootypie

Squid wrote:

I can fully accept by now that Lucas is gone, but I can still hope for Wild Woody!

I think you might be disappointed then...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

C-Olimar

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes! So glad we're getting more Kid Icarus characters!
I want Hades and Dark Lord Gaol. And Zero Suit Gaol!

C-Olimar

Nintendo6400

C-Olimar wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes! So glad we're getting more Kid Icarus characters!
I want Hades and Dark Lord Gaol. And Zero Suit Gaol!

I really do want hades though.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic