Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,821 to 15,840 of 27,917

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

@SockoMario Considering he's a boss in the Wii U version, I'd say he's likely got a trophy in the Wii U version.

Doesn't change the fact that Ridley is a popular Nintendo character, important to the Metroid series, and has appeared in multiple handheld games. Him not having a trophy in the 3DS version makes zero sense.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

C-Olimar

Squid wrote:

Just out of curiosity, does Proto Man have a Trophy? What about anything from Rhythm Heaven?

The Chorus Kids with their conductor have a trophy, as does Karate Joe

C-Olimar

Inkling

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Inkling wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Take this rumor with a grain of salt. A user on SmashBoards went to GameStop to ask about the preorder bonuses for Smash 4 (both versions) and they said some interesting information. Again, take this with a grain of salt:

"Today I went to my local Gamestop to ask if they had any pre-order bonuses for Smash bros 3ds. The conversation started by them asking me if I wanted to pre-order the WiiU version as well. They told me that they should have it in November. I told them I thought we'd get it around Christmas (As every smash game has been delayed and I thought this time would be no different) Then they said they had a "conference meeting" yesterday (yesterday being the 15th of September) and they said that they played the game and they said the game was definitely done. I then asked them if they had any special pre-order bonuses for the game."

"They told me first that Smash run is the only mode exclusive to the 3ds. Then they said while there is no Pre-order bonus for the 3ds, they said that in that same meeting that they announced that there will be DLC characters that you can buy and use on the 3ds version. And then they said that these DLC characters will be Pre-loaded on the WiiU version, and can be transferred for free to the 3ds. They said or you can just buy the characters on the E-shop if you didn't want to get the WiiU version."

"They wouldn't tell me what/who these DLC characters were and they didn't tell me how many there were. But they did tell me that YES there is more characters."

Maybe it's the leak?

Never take a game stop employee's word seriously. I Remember that I once asked an employee when super paper Mario was coming out and he said it was canceled. True this happened years, but still game stop employees aren't always the most trustworthy with info.

Well he was right, it got cancelled on the GameCube

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

vonboy89

How many blocks is the demo? Just so I can have the space ready when I can download it Friday.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Crimzonlogic

vonboy89 wrote:

How many blocks is the demo? Just so I can have the space ready when I can download it Friday.

I'm not sure if the standard demo is the same size as the CN code demo, but mine uses 1,041 blocks. They should be the same size, right?

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

vonboy89

I'd think so. The only difference is the premium version having unlimited uses, right?

Crimzonlogic

vonboy89 wrote:

I'd think so. The only difference is the premium version having unlimited uses, right?

Yeah. I don't think that one detail would change the size between them. I'm not sure, though.

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Grumblevolcano

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

People jump to conclusions because their characters got cut. I learnt to get over this after Melee to Brawl cuts.

But back then Nintendo had a completely different mindset. They still believed that online gaming was a fad and that DLC was a horrific idea because it made the games shipped incomplete.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Uncle_Franklin

I love Kirby's duck hunt dog costume!

If anyone could find a still image of it that'd be cool.

Uncle_Franklin

Tsuchinoko

I'm just wondering about that icon. How do they know specifically that it was for the character select screen? I mean, I'm not questioning, just curious.

There's room for five more characters on that screen at the current size of the pictures, if they resized them there could be more.

The stage select curiously has one blank spot. Of course that icon could easily be mean for both screens.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I feel like the people arguing against Wii U exclusive unlockable characters are forgetting two important things:

1. These characters could be introduced to the 3DS version as DLC. Not free, of course, since the Wii U version costs more money than the 3DS version, but DLC, nonetheless.

2. Star Fox assault Fox trophy. (Besides, since Dixie and Chorus Kids aren't unlockable in the 3DS version, there would be nothing wrong with giving them trophies in the 3DS version.) Essenitally, trophies mean nothing. They don't confirm or deconfirm anything or anyone.

I'm not really saying there won't be DLC. I'm only saying that people are jumping to conclusions just because they want to see it happen

People jump to conclusions because their characters got cut. I learnt to get over this after Melee to Brawl cuts.

But back then Nintendo had a completely different mindset. They still believed that online gaming was a fad and that DLC was a horrific idea because it made the games shipped incomplete.

Yeah, but Mario Golf has made some DLC's lately and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity as well I believe. As long as I don't have to spend money or even alot of money. Maybe introduce new characters like they do with event Pokemon: Obtain characters through given codes or sent to you going to the local game store. I don't want Nintendo charging money for great characters like Snake, Dixie, Marshal and such where they should have been placed on the roster in the first place.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Grumblevolcano

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yeah, but Mario Golf has made some DLC's lately and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity as well I believe. As long as I don't have to spend money or even alot of money. Maybe introduce new characters like they do with event Pokemon: Obtain characters through given codes or sent to you going to the local game store. I don't want Nintendo charging money for great characters like Snake, Dixie, Marshal and such where they should have been placed on the roster in the first place.

I was talking about the past, in the Wii era virtually all DLC was for 3rd party games (e.g. Guitar Hero and Rock Band). Since 2013, Nintendo's view of DLC has largely changed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KO-Cub

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I was talking about the past, in the Wii era virtually all DLC was for 3rd party games (e.g. Guitar Hero and Rock Band). Since 2013, Nintendo's view of DLC has largely changed.

And I don't like it.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Tsuchinoko

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

MetalK9 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

And I don't like it.

When its good DLC why not? There's lots of potential, and there's so many characters that could possibly be in. Stages too.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

vonboy89

It's just nintendo keeps doing into things other companies have driven into the grown. I mean, their 2 packs for MK8 is basically a season pass. Charging for DLC before it's even ready yet is just kinda... wrong. It's caused some uproar when other companies did it.

I just hope they don't take things too far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic