Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,861 to 15,880 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

WaLzgi wrote:

Because we should take the logical step and conclude that our favorite characters are confirmed for DLC without any source!

All characters in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed confirmed for Smash! Can't wait to play as Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Amy.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DBPirate

C-Olimar wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Because we should take the logical step and conclude that our favorite characters are confirmed for DLC without any source!

Yes! So glad we're getting more Kid Icarus characters!
I want Hades and Dark Lord Gaol. And Zero Suit Gaol!

Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Reset Bomb Core was a character...since it's from Uprising!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

LzWinky

Dark Pit gets added and everyone freaks out about bias

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

The one ring from Kid Icarus Uprising will be a dlc character. It's the little girl fighting with the dog assisting for several attacks.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SparkOfSpirit

At least it's not more Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or Mother characters. Let's bring in more from truly underrepresented series like Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NintendoFan64

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

At least it's not more Donkey Kong, Star Fox, or Mother characters. Let's bring in more from truly underrepresented series like Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus.

I mean, it's not like there's anyone people would've wanted from those games! Except for Krystal, King K. Rool, and Masked Man.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DBPirate

WaLzgi wrote:

I know Uprising is Sakurai's game but there's a lot of KI stuff. The Classic Mode intensity system, two Kid Icarus newcomers, more Kid Icarus music than Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Metroid/EarthBound (which all have more games than KI), more items than most of the series, Kid Icarus gets two assist trophies while Donkey Kong has none, and more Smash Run enemies than most series.

It's not like it's a deal-breaker for the game or anything because the game still looks super awesome and it looks to be the best Smash yet. I'm just saying there is definitely some bias here. More so than Sakurai has ever had with his other series, Kirby.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

TeeJay

Squid wrote:

Sakurai should definitely be fired.

Wtf is wrong with you.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

DBPirate wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

I know Uprising is Sakurai's game but there's a lot of KI stuff. The Classic Mode intensity system, two Kid Icarus newcomers, more Kid Icarus music than Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Metroid/EarthBound (which all have more games than KI), more items than most of the series, Kid Icarus gets two assist trophies while Donkey Kong has none, and more Smash Run enemies than most series.

It's not like it's a deal-breaker for the game or anything because the game still looks super awesome and it looks to be the best Smash yet. I'm just saying there is definitely some bias here. More so than Sakurai has ever had with his other series, Kirby.

Well, Kirby was already established as a recurring franchise. Kid Icarus was dormant for 20 something years after all. I'm ok with Kid Icarus getting so much representation, as it will help show that the series is a main Nintendo franchise and not one that will be allowed to fall back into dormancy and obscurity.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

LzWinky

I smelled sarcasm

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Justlink

Squid wrote:

Then maybe he'd finally relax

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

CapeSmash

This is why this is the worst roster in a Smash game.

...but it's also the best.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

KO-Cub

NintendoFan64 wrote:

SparkOfSpirit wrote:

I mean, it's not like there's anyone people would've wanted from those games! Except for Krystal, King K. Rool, and Masked Man.

He says Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus should get more attention and they have more than the Donkey Kong and Star Fox. No no. Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and Mother and even Wario Ware really need more. And honestly I don't think characters like Krystal and Ridley are needed when theirs alot of other retro characters out there that are happy to fit in with Mr.G&W, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, Megaman, Pac-Man and the others, just waiting for an absurd moveset that amazes us.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

LzWinky

I don't even know why Fire Emblem is being mentioned. It was horribly underrepresented relative to its size

FriedSquid

TeeJay wrote:

Squid wrote:

Wtf is wrong with you.

I don't really think that at all, I was just going along with the other sarcastic posts. The unfortunate thing is the amount of people who really think that.

And, I'll be honest, Sakurai puts a lot of effort into his games but he isn't perfect. Something tells me that this will be the last Smash game for a good while, or at least the last one he directs, so I am curious to see how it would be if someone else was at the helm. I don't think he should be fired though.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

IceClimbers

I do think Smash 4 will be the last game we see from Sakurai for a while because of his tendinitis. I mean, he basically was working on game development for 4+ years straight without any real break. Once Uprising was finished he dove into Smash 4's development.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic