Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,301 to 12,320 of 27,917

Yoshi

@19Robb92 If you look back a couple of pages, you'll find that we were discussing (and debunking) these very rumors.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Undead_terror

@19Robb92 Wario lost a pupil, some characters are out of place (not near characters from the same series), Dr.Mario and Dark Pit are unlikely to come...while Dunk Hunt looks good it probably won't be happening

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Yoshi

And "Shulk" is a Little Mac impersonator with a wig.

Edited on by Yoshi

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Blast

19Robb92 wrote:

Just going to leave this here..

RYMOR: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Leaks Reveal Unannounced Veterans, Fresh Faces
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

That has FAKE written all over it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

19Robb92

@brewsky
Oh, hadn't noticed. Sorry for the re-post then.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tsuchinoko

19Robb92 wrote:

@brewsky

Eh, you're fine. Don't worry about it. A few of us have done that before.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Yoshi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

@brewsky

I'm pretty sure I have,

Now playing:

Tsuchinoko

brewsky wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

@brewsky

I'm pretty sure I have,

It is easy to forget how huge this thread is.

BTW, no POTD yet.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

CaviarMeths

Those are probably the fakest looking screens I've ever seen.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tsuchinoko

You know, I forgot to mention before, I won a few of those Mother 2 figures at a game center a few weeks back, and Shigesato Itoi's name isn't on them or the little information booklet that came with them.

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

Those are probably the fakest looking screens I've ever seen.

Well, at least the character artworks look nice (I.e. Duck Hunt Dog, Ness, Dr. Mario). Plus, I've seen A LOT worse fake rosters. This is the best looking one out of all them.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

Obvious fake. Given that the characters are ordered by series, why would Lucina be next to Dark Pit (and moreso why would Dark Pit be his own character rather than an alt Pit colour).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

Oh right, the mystery of Dark Pit is not solved yet. Own character or alt costume?
Personally I hope he's an alt costume with alt voices, if he has that in the game.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

Yeah, Dark Pit should definitely be a alt. costume IMO.

But then again, Lucina happened.

FriedSquid

I'm actually surprised people aren't considering Dark Pit as something of a clone like Lucina is to Marth. It was obviously hinted at the end of Palutena's trailer that he would be present, and I can't see them adding that in there just for a palette swap.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Haxonberik

I really think the point of Dark Pit's appearance at the end was to confirm the alternate voice acting. We know Sakurai isn't the guy to show something like that and later reveal he's a character instead of just hype it up when first shown(...ahem, Ridley...)

www.convectiongames.com

UGXwolf

First off, lulz this leak. I'm sorry, but no matter how cloney they are, Sakurai is not making a clone corner. XD

Second, my Mii will undoubtedly be a swordfighter. I love swordplay more than any other form of fighting.

Third, I would love to see Flying Mario from SMG as a palette swap, and why do people assume that a ton of characters having alts means all characters are getting alts?

Finally, even if you assume the Gematsu leak is fake, at this point, you have to give the guy credit for how spot on his predictions were. (He also called the Miis "Mii Fighter" before E3 2014, but as that could be found in the E3 press package, I'm not impressed.) For the record, I never believed the Gematsu leak, but there's no reason to assume Shulk isn't in, and I still think we'll see more Rhythm Heaven representation. The question is WHERE, not IF.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Honestly, I think those pics look really good, especially compared to some others we've seen. The Duck Hunt combo looks rather good, and the artwork of Dr. Mario seems to fit the style of the other character artworks. Some of the characters placed in odd spots is weird. Yoshi shouldn't be mixed in with the Mario characters. In Brawl he is placed near their column but not in it. And Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina shoved down in the corner? Strange, but it could mean this isn't a complete character select screen. Seems unlikely they'd post it without finishing it, however. As far as Wario is concerned, he may not be missing a pupil, as I believe it's right behind his nose. He's looking at sort of an awkward angle, and I see a bit of black by the right side of his nose. The Ganondorf image looks like Twilight Princess art to me, though. It's also strange that the player characters have levels like CPUs in that one shot, but don't have the grey background. And where are the Mii Fighters?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

About the ESRB leak, RelaxAlax put up a video that argues for the legitimacy of the leak and honestly, I'll give him credit, but I still don't believe this leak.

WARNING: INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE
I think the only thing that really raises my red flag is Duck Hunt Dog being playable, but I kinda had the realization that Pac-man seemed just as unlikely to me as DHD, so why the eff not?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

It would really be a shame if a character like "Duck Hunt" got leaked before a official announcement. That's exactly the kind of character I want to see as a newcomer, someone totally out of the blue - unexpected & surprising. Like the WiiFit Trainer.

Those kind of announcements are the best

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic