Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,281 to 11,300 of 27,917

Yoshi

Oh my, that was quite a parody.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

CapeSmash

People will believe the stupidist, fakeist, leakes nowadays. This didn't happen back in the Brawl days. In fact, NOBODY believed leakes back then. And you know what's funny? A lot of leakes during the Brawl days were true.

This one user on Smashboards made threads about leaked information that he obtained. And guess what? THE LEAKES WERE TRUE. Yet, everybody called him an idiot, they said the leakes were laughably fake, mods closed his threads constantly, and people told him to kill himself. NOBODY believed his leakes. But they were all true. Let me tell you some of them:

-Wind Waker Link is playable
-Ness and Mr. Game & Watch are returning
-Sonic will be revealed on October 10th
-Brawl will be delayed a 2nd time in the US
-There will be a total of 35 characters

As you can tell, everything he said was true. But NOBODY believed him. I feel really bad for him... I wonder what he's doing nowadays?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Nintendo6400

Brawl had 39 characters technically. Just saying.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Wave Dashing is a glitch the professional players used. It wasn't supposed to be in the game. I find that most professional circuits (except maybe MOBAs and RTSs) rely on glitches too often. Professionals often point to "mastering" these glitches as the key to playing these games.

Actually Sakurai knew about wavedashing and left it in so although originally a not intended they allowed it to be in the game so not completely true.

Really? Where did you hear that? I would be interested to read more on it

Googled and found it, still seems like a glitch to me. Just a glitch they chose not to fix. You can argue it isn't a glitch because they knew about it before the end of development. I still consider it was a glitch and probably just too difficult to fix at the point in development that they found it.

It's not that it was difficult to fix. Sakurai and the whole team knew it was in there and what it could do but they thought it wouldn't be useful and so wasn't worth the time to take it out.

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Wave Dashing is a glitch the professional players used. It wasn't supposed to be in the game. I find that most professional circuits (except maybe MOBAs and RTSs) rely on glitches too often. Professionals often point to "mastering" these glitches as the key to playing these games.

Actually Sakurai knew about wavedashing and left it in so although originally a not intended they allowed it to be in the game so not completely true.

Really? Where did you hear that? I would be interested to read more on it

Googled and found it, still seems like a glitch to me. Just a glitch they chose not to fix. You can argue it isn't a glitch because they knew about it before the end of development. I still consider it was a glitch and probably just too difficult to fix at the point in development that they found it.

It's not that it was difficult to fix. Sakurai and the whole team knew it was in there and what it could do but they thought it wouldn't be useful and so wasn't worth the time to take it out.

The article I read said it had to deal with Melee's physics and messing with that late in production is just a bad idea. Even if the fix can be perceived as "small."

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Tsuchinoko wrote:

derrickd95 wrote:

I just realized this and found it interesting, so I thought I'd post it. You guys ever heard of the Pipe Burst leak? Here's a link if you haven't: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-pipe-burst-leak-could-we-h...
The main part I'm talking about is the part that says that 14 days from the post date, which would be August 7th, we'll be getting one of the two newcomer trailers that they mentioned in a Nintendo Direct, which would either be a Shulk/Takamaru reveal, or a Dixie Kong/Marshall reveal. Since we got the announcement of Takamaru's game coming to the 3DS Virtual Console on August 7th, and I found out that it had been pushed to release behind the Japanese/European release, I've been thinking that we might get the Shulk/Takamaru trailer he mentioned. I'm not saying I believe it personally, and the coinciding dates might just be a coincidence, but I thought it was worth posting.

EDIT: Well, looks like I was wrong to post this....

Can i just say that is my dream roster.

Like how Shulk was supposed to be revealed the 2-3 times before?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FlaygletheBagel

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I'll be honest, I think at this point we might see a little bit over 50 characters.

I wish that were the case, but I'm not quite as optimistic. It would be hard balancing the movesets of 50+ characters. Plus considering Sakurai said he was nearing the end of the list of newcomers for this game, I'm guessing we'll see:

2 more newcomers
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

Which would put the roster count up to 41. Anything beyond that is going to be a pleasant surprise for me. Im hoping for around 45 total, but we'll see.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

IceClimbers

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

I'll be honest, I think at this point we might see a little bit over 50 characters.

I wish that were the case, but I'm not quite as optimistic. It would be hard balancing the movesets of 50+ characters. Plus considering Sakurai said he was nearing the end of the list of newcomers for this game, I'm guessing we'll see:

2 more newcomers
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Ness

Which would put the roster count up to 41. Anything beyond that is going to be a pleasant surprise for me. Im hoping for around 45 total, but we'll see.

Sakurai said we're nearing the bottom of new character reveal trailers. More than one newcomer can be revealed in one trailer, and there can be secret newcomers. Plus there's a lot of veterans not revealed yet. Ness, Jigglypuff, Wario, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Mr Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Falco, Wolf, and ROB are all more than likely back. That brings the roster count to 47, 49 counting the different Mii Fighters. Add in about 4 more newcomers and you're above 50.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

CaviarMeths

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Ubisoft did not find releasing Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive to be a profitable decision for the company. Losing an entire platform to distribute the game through would have had a fairly significant effect on the game's sales. Are Microsoft's policies right, absolutely not, but Ubisoft had to do what would benefit the company. "Standing up" to Microsoft would not have done Ubisoft any good. The 360 wasn't going to suddenly become an undesired console if it lacked one platformer, it was already a profitable console. Ubisoft would have lost more than 80 million potential customers. Anyway, is this still the Smash thread?

Rayman Legends sold more on Wii U than on Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined, even after the Nintendo audience was screwed over.

And there's absolutely no way that Smash is being delayed. It's their most important holiday 2014 game. They'll divert as many resources as necessary to get the game out in time for holiday shopping.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Joetherocker

Untitled

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

DefHalan

Joetherocker wrote:

Untitled

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Assist Trophy?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

Cool, I never played Takamaru but it's nice to see some representation.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
Are you SERIOUS?
The DAY AFTER that Pipe whatever leak, the deconfirm it by saying that Takamaru is an assist trophy?
Sakurai must have known.

Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tsuchinoko

Hey, he's in the game, and he could always be the next Little Mac and get promoted for the next game. He looks cool.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

I find it hilarious how today's Pic throws the Pipe leak thing out of the window immediately. XD
Takamaru himself looks like an awesome assist though and like @Tsuchinoko said, at least he's in at all.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

Guys, if the pipe is leaking we better call Mario!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Megatonwhale

They announced the Takamaru game's VC release recently right? Could just be a beautifully timed coincidence that the pic of the day happens to blow the leak out of the water. That or Sakurai is some kind of ingenious puppet master playing with us all. I can just see it now; "Hang on! Hold off on that picture of Donkey Kong's new tie variants, get me a Takamru Assist Trophy screenshot. I'll show these leakers!"

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Jazzer94 wrote:

@DreamyViridi So did you play Smash at Hyper Japan and if so did you try the tournament?

I did play Smash and I did manage to enter a tourney. The whole thing was incredibly fun! I managed to play on the 3DS several times and learned first hand that Little Mac is not that OP; dominated two of them as Pit. All about the air game when he approached so a simple grab and side-throw led to an easy KO.
Only got to play 2 matches of the Wii U version due to how the tourney entry worked and got 2nd in both of them. I probably would've won the Final if Zelda didn't get in the way since Mega Man's standard attack and Side-Smash can be reflected.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CaviarMeths

Takamaru confirmed for 5mash.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic