Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,301 to 11,320 of 27,917

IceClimbers

CaviarMeths wrote:

Takamaru confirmed for 5mash.

Nah, Magnus is the one that will pull a Little Mac.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

The "Not in Smash" club members: Shadow, Waluigi, Takamaru, Skull Kid, Chrom, and Roy. Chrom took it the hardest - he was Falcon Punched out of the playable roster.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Kewlan

IceClimbers wrote:

he was Falcon Punched out of the playable roster.

I'd say that's the best way.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

2Sang

My choice for a retro character still stands and seems the most likely every day of all obscure retro characters. Balloon fighter will have his day.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

2Sang wrote:

My choice for a retro character still stands and seems the most likely every day of all obscure retro characters. Balloon fighter will have his day.

The Villager is probably his son. I just think we need Game & Watch back. That guy is a trip.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tsuchinoko

SCAR392 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

The Villager is probably his son. I just think we need Game & Watch back. That guy is a trip.

Seriously. I want my G&W. At this point Balloon Fighter would be redundant, since Villager took his main move. You can blame him/her for Balloon Fighter not making it in.

The POTDs recently have been all new info. This is nice.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

2Sang

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Seriously. I want my G&W. At this point Balloon Fighter would be redundant, since Villager took his main move. You can blame him/her for Balloon Fighter not making it in.

Villager also uses boxing gloves and a parasol, but peach and little mac are in. Still not saying he's definitely in, just rather that he's the most likely retro newcomer over excitebiker, mach rider, urban fighter, and stanley.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

The_Ninja

2Sang wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Villager also uses boxing gloves and a parasol, but peach and little mac are in. Still not saying he's definitely in, just rather that he's the most likely retro newcomer over excitebiker, mach rider, urban fighter, and stanley.

Alright, first of all, yes Vilager uses it, but not the same way Peach does. His Up B on the other hand, it's called BALLOON TRIP. They took it from the game BALLOON FIGHT. It's Balloon Fighter's signature move. Villager has it. So unless they take away his balloons, it's not happening. ExciteBiker would be cool, and has more chance than BF. Altough I think Mach Rider would be better.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Prof_Clayton

I don't know if anyone realises this, but there's about 30 more POTD's until Smash releases.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@DreamyViridi So did you play Smash at Hyper Japan and if so did you try the tournament?

I did play Smash and I did manage to enter a tourney. The whole thing was incredibly fun! I managed to play on the 3DS several times and learned first hand that Little Mac is not that OP; dominated two of them as Pit. All about the air game when he approached so a simple grab and side-throw led to an easy KO.
Only got to play 2 matches of the Wii U version due to how the tourney entry worked and got 2nd in both of them. I probably would've won the Final if Zelda didn't get in the way since Mega Man's standard attack and Side-Smash can be reflected.

@DreamyViridi Got second in my matches to though part of it was some deceptive play but I'm over it and it was fun.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

2Sang

@The_ninja
Even given that peach's parasol is different, little mac's punch is incredibly similar.

LzWinky

DestinyMan wrote:

Even though I wanted him to be playable, I'm just glad Takamaru's in the games at all. Looks like that Pipe Burst "leak" got busted! Mewtwo as a boss didn't make sense to me anyway.

Another one (leak) bites the dust

Untitled

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo6400

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the chorus kids receive the Same treatment as Takamaru. Also I would like to see Isaac in the game as well!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

Well. I FINALLY caught up with the thread. Funny thing, that. I got behind trying to watch SDCC because I was missing both days it streamed.

Anyways, I feel this needs to be pointed out: Bowser HAS counterpick characters. Nobody was using them. Little Mac has priority over Bowser, Wii Fit Trainer and Pikachu have a lot of practically lagless moves. The reason Bowser's got so popular early on was the smaller stages in the first few rounds. By the time they got to Gerudo valley, Bowser was already being played as a staple, so why stop, now? Sheik wasn't a good counter pick. Zero Suit or even Mega Man had better spacing options. I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly what I'm talking about, but it should be pretty obvious that Toon Link and Sheik didn't stand up to Bowser as well as some other characters might have.

Aside from that, this game is looking amazing.

Briefly bringing up the Melee fans, I don't think anyone's trying to say "stop playing Melee." Or if they are, they probably shouldn't say that. But what we mean to say is "quit assuming that Smash 4 is gonna be terrible just because you've got your head stuck up places unknown playing your competitive games. It's more of a "I don't care if you don't like it, stop dissing my game, bro."

And the Pipe Burst leak... lol.

In all seriousness, I wanted that to be real. I really did. I wanted it so bad. >w< But we know better than that. I was not at all surprised to see it get debunked, but Sakurai has really been working on his timing. XD

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

LzWinky

Nintendo6400 wrote:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the chorus kids receive the Same treatment as Takamaru. Also I would like to see Isaac in the game as well!

I'm not sure why anyone would think they'd be playable. The chorus kids would seem more like an assist trophy.

Isaac...maybe. It would be a bit of a stretch but he's still a possibility

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Datasun_7

I'm pretty sure there will be rhythm heaven/paradise representation but whether its a character or stage we don't know. I personally want the chorus men tbh

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Sleepy_Icarus

Takamaru: "Perhaps I'll get my chance... another day...

Sleepy_Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9220-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: StarrKnight

TuVictus

I really want Shulk now that I'm back into Xenoblade (got bored right before nopom village, really interested now that I'm at the imperial city). It sucks that we haven't seen any in game hints of his inclusion, unlike Chorus men, who had enemies from rhythm heaven in smash run. The only real hints we have are the developers retweeting the reveal trailer and the voice actor claiming he's done more game voice work

TuVictus

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Even though I wanted him to be playable, I'm just glad Takamaru's in the games at all. Looks like that Pipe Burst "leak" got busted! Mewtwo as a boss didn't make sense to me anyway.

Another one (leak) bites the dust

Untitled

Am I the only on bothered by the fact the pipe isn't fixed in this gif.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic