Forums

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 3

Posts 161 to 180 of 191

DonnyKD

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

Also, we don't need a Sunshine sequel since that game sucks hard.

[/div]

What abomination of a statement is this.

Since when did Sunshine become so great anyway? It's easily the worst of the 3D Mario games.

DonnyKD

The_Fox

Knux wrote:

I fully endorse this statement.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

IAmNotWill

DonnyKD wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

Since when did Sunshine become so great anyway? It's easily the worst of the 3D Mario games.

I do agree with that, but that's not really saying much. All the 3D Mario games are great.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

FonistofCruxis

DonnyKD wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I would agree with this if Super Mario 3D land didn't exist. Super Mario sunshine is a great game but SM64 and the two galaxy games are a lot better and SM3DL is a good game but it really doesn't compare to any of the other 3D Mario platformers.

Mieu-Fire

i always loved sunshine mario 64 and mario galaxy i didnt care for mario galaxy 2 and mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

MANGO

grumblebuzzz

There's nothing wrong with Super Mario 3D Land whatsoever. It has tons of content, is very fun and engaging, and is easily the best handheld Mario title ever created. It just isn't the Mario game that some people wanted, which is an open, exploration-based game. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the two games that did that sort of thing (64 and Sunshine) felt the least like a Mario game to me out of the entire series because for the most part, they weren't platformers in how they played. Sure you jumped occasionally, but not really that much. They were more Zelda-type games that happened to have a Mario theme to them. Linear isn't necessarily HORRIBLE, like some people think it to be, especially when it comes to Mario.

All that said, I don't necessarily want a Super Mario Galaxy 3. I would rather them come out with a completely new idea for the next 3D Mario on Wii U than produce another sequel. I also feel like, while fun, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was kind of unnecessary because it really didn't bring much to the table as far as new gameplay ideas. It felt like more of an expansion pack to me than a stand alone sequel to the first.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

grumblebuzzz

mieu-fire wrote:

mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

When you think of a "hard" Mario game, which one do you think about? Because aside from the original Super Mario Bros, Lost Levels, and maybe Super Mario Land, there hasn't been one that I've ever had trouble with. I think some people have these weird nostalgic memories of Mario being hard back in the day when it's never been a series that has been especially challenging to anyone with good skills at playing platformers.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Mieu-Fire

grumblebuzzz wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

[/div]

[/div]

When you think of a "hard" Mario game, which one do you think about? Because aside from the original Super Mario Bros, Lost Levels, and maybe Super Mario Land, there hasn't been one that I've ever had trouble with. I think some people have these weird nostalgic memories of Mario being hard back in the day when it's never been a series that has been especially challenging to anyone with good skills at playing platformers.

[/div]

i mean in the past game like mario sun shine and super mario world the platforming and timing when to jump and always dieing is what i mean that brought some challenge but mario 3d land just didnt have that it was way to easy i dont renember me ever dieing its a good game for people new to mario its very noob freindly but mario bosses were always so easy

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

Shadowflash

TysonQ7 wrote:

I want something with more open worlds like Super Mario Sunshine.

...You know what, just give me Sunshine 2.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Drawdler

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Knux wrote:

To be honest, I would prefer a new non-linear 3D Mario platformer similar to Super Mario 64

[/div]

Agreed. While I have nothing against linear games, as someone who grew up on games I always got lost in I am dissappointed slightly.

Eeyup. I remember clocking Spyro 3 as a kid, and it felt much more rewarding having to explore each level and look for hidden areas rather than just clocking each level. (Well, 3D Land has Comet Coin requirements, but they're not very difficult...)

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

FonistofCruxis

grumblebuzzz wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Super Mario 3D Land whatsoever. It has tons of content, is very fun and engaging, and is easily the best handheld Mario title ever created. It just isn't the Mario game that some people wanted, which is an open, exploration-based game. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the two games that did that sort of thing (64 and Sunshine) felt the least like a Mario game to me out of the entire series because for the most part, they weren't platformers in how they played. Sure you jumped occasionally, but not really that much. They were more Zelda-type games that happened to have a Mario theme to them. Linear isn't necessarily HORRIBLE, like some people think it to be, especially when it comes to Mario.

I think New super Mario bros. is the best handheld Mario game unless remakes count, then its easily SM64DS. Anyway, I think SM3DL relied too much on nostalgia rather than its own ideas and to me it isn't that memorable of a game at all. It was a fun game but there weren't any stand out levels unlike the other 4 3D Mario platformers which all have multiple great, memorable levels. Its soundtrack was okay but I can't think of any highlights from it that I'd want to listen to again on youtube unlike the other 4 3D Mario platformers.

Chrono_Cross

Anyone who doesn't like a Super Mario Sunshine, has never tasted one.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CommanderAudio

I only have one request. DON'T MAKE IT LIKE SM3DL. That's the worst of the 3D Mario games, in my opinion.

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

xBASSxMONSTAx

PikminMonster wrote:

I only have one request. DON'T MAKE IT LIKE SM3DL. That's the worst of the 3D Mario games, in my opinion.

wtf? Super Mario 3D Land was awesome! How dare you say such a remark.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

komicturtle

SM3DL was kinda underwhelming... I liked the blend of 2D Mario and 3D Mario elements though.

komicturtle

e-love

I wouldn't consider 3D Land in the same category as the other 3D Mario games. As its a blend of 2D and 3D gameplay. I conisder 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy to be the 3D-Adventure Mario games, since there's more emphasis on exploration. Just because it had 3D visuals, doesn't mean its the same kind of game exactly.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Drawdler

Yeah, it's kind of unfair comparing it to the others since it's fairly different in a lot of respects. However, if I were to compare all Mario games on pure greatness, 3D Land would probably beat only Partners in Time of the ones I've played. It does a lot well, but overall, it just lacks a lot content against better Mario games. One of the worse things about it is that you can get the far superior Super Mario 64 DS for a much cheaper price.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

BenAV

I really enjoyed 3D Land.
If only it lasted longer...

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

WesCash

Super Mario Sunshine 2 please.

I'd love a big overworld with connected areas to explore (SM64 or Sunshine).

Galaxy's levels were too straight forward. I want to wander aimlessly, jump from high places, look for secrets and tread off the beaten path.

Keep the linear levels for 2D.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

BandG

no just no. i could go on for an hour about what makes this idea sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.