Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario Galaxy 3

Showing 161 to 180 of 201

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

161. Posted:

Well, I thought that Galaxy was a fun enough game, and Galaxy 2 lost whatever soul the original may have had but gained much more interesting level design in the process. So interesting, that I feel the well of surprising Galaxy levels has been tapped well and truly dry. Heck, even playing Galaxy 2 again is much, much less fun than the first time, so I'm inclined to say please no more Galaxy games ever again, Nintendo. At least not "Super Mario Galaxy 3."

Super Yoshi Galaxy would, of course, be the best thing ever.

mieu-fire wrote:

super yoshi sunshine island O.o have baby mario hold the FLUDD it be awsome

Never mind, second best thing.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Knux

162. Posted:

To be honest, I would prefer a new non-linear 3D Mario platformer similar to Super Mario 64, but Super Mario Galaxy 3 would be the next best thing. Of course when it comes to Mario, Nintendo has made the newer games (minus Galaxy 1 and 2) as unoriginal as possible; so I'm expecting Nintendo to disappoint me once again.

Also, we don't need a Sunshine sequel since that game sucks hard.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Chuie

163. Posted:

super mario galaxy 3 would show that nintendo lost creativeness in mario cause im sick of new super mario bros i like the ds then the wii im like ok now wii u and nsmb2 im like this is just boring now

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

164. Posted:

Knux wrote:

To be honest, I would prefer a new non-linear 3D Mario platformer similar to Super Mario 64

Agreed. While I have nothing against linear games, as someone who grew up on games I always got lost in I am dissappointed slightly.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

165. Posted:

Knux wrote:

What abomination of a statement is this.

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

166. Posted:

Meh, like I've said before i wan't a spiritual sequal to Super Mario Bros 2. I'm tired of the constant reliance on borrowing ideas from other main entries in the franchise. It's all becoming rather predictable....Yet still fun. :p Galaxy 2 at least looks amazing. I may be full of wavey' hate but i still enjoy the NSMB Cash-in Brothers. :D Super Mario 3D Land....Any day now. wow, 2 months without playing 'anything' I feel like part of my soul has been ripped and whipped by Simon Belmont himself.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

167. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Untitled

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

AwesomeAddict

168. Posted:

Explore a different idea like you always do, Nintendo. Don't make a SMB3.

AwesomeAddict

AuthorMessage

DonnyKD

169. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

[/div]

Since when did Sunshine become so great anyway? It's easily the worst of the 3D Mario games.

DonnyKD

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

170. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I fully endorse this statement.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

171. Posted:

DonnyKD wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

Since when did Sunshine become so great anyway? It's easily the worst of the 3D Mario games.

I do agree with that, but that's not really saying much. All the 3D Mario games are great.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

172. Posted:

DonnyKD wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Knux wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I would agree with this if Super Mario 3D land didn't exist. Super Mario sunshine is a great game but SM64 and the two galaxy games are a lot better and SM3DL is a good game but it really doesn't compare to any of the other 3D Mario platformers.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

173. Posted:

i always loved sunshine mario 64 and mario galaxy i didnt care for mario galaxy 2 and mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

174. Posted:

There's nothing wrong with Super Mario 3D Land whatsoever. It has tons of content, is very fun and engaging, and is easily the best handheld Mario title ever created. It just isn't the Mario game that some people wanted, which is an open, exploration-based game. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the two games that did that sort of thing (64 and Sunshine) felt the least like a Mario game to me out of the entire series because for the most part, they weren't platformers in how they played. Sure you jumped occasionally, but not really that much. They were more Zelda-type games that happened to have a Mario theme to them. Linear isn't necessarily HORRIBLE, like some people think it to be, especially when it comes to Mario.

All that said, I don't necessarily want a Super Mario Galaxy 3. I would rather them come out with a completely new idea for the next 3D Mario on Wii U than produce another sequel. I also feel like, while fun, Super Mario Galaxy 2 was kind of unnecessary because it really didn't bring much to the table as far as new gameplay ideas. It felt like more of an expansion pack to me than a stand alone sequel to the first.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

175. Posted:

mieu-fire wrote:

mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

When you think of a "hard" Mario game, which one do you think about? Because aside from the original Super Mario Bros, Lost Levels, and maybe Super Mario Land, there hasn't been one that I've ever had trouble with. I think some people have these weird nostalgic memories of Mario being hard back in the day when it's never been a series that has been especially challenging to anyone with good skills at playing platformers.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

176. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

mieu-fire wrote:

mario 3d land was ok it was way to easy

[/div]

[/div]

When you think of a "hard" Mario game, which one do you think about? Because aside from the original Super Mario Bros, Lost Levels, and maybe Super Mario Land, there hasn't been one that I've ever had trouble with. I think some people have these weird nostalgic memories of Mario being hard back in the day when it's never been a series that has been especially challenging to anyone with good skills at playing platformers.

[/div]

i mean in the past game like mario sun shine and super mario world the platforming and timing when to jump and always dieing is what i mean that brought some challenge but mario 3d land just didnt have that it was way to easy i dont renember me ever dieing its a good game for people new to mario its very noob freindly but mario bosses were always so easy

Edited on by Chuie

i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Shadowflash

177. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

I want something with more open worlds like Super Mario Sunshine.

...You know what, just give me Sunshine 2.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter: Shadowflash0

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

178. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Knux wrote:

To be honest, I would prefer a new non-linear 3D Mario platformer similar to Super Mario 64

[/div]

Agreed. While I have nothing against linear games, as someone who grew up on games I always got lost in I am dissappointed slightly.

Eeyup. I remember clocking Spyro 3 as a kid, and it felt much more rewarding having to explore each level and look for hidden areas rather than just clocking each level. (Well, 3D Land has Comet Coin requirements, but they're not very difficult...)

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

179. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Super Mario 3D Land whatsoever. It has tons of content, is very fun and engaging, and is easily the best handheld Mario title ever created. It just isn't the Mario game that some people wanted, which is an open, exploration-based game. Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I feel like the two games that did that sort of thing (64 and Sunshine) felt the least like a Mario game to me out of the entire series because for the most part, they weren't platformers in how they played. Sure you jumped occasionally, but not really that much. They were more Zelda-type games that happened to have a Mario theme to them. Linear isn't necessarily HORRIBLE, like some people think it to be, especially when it comes to Mario.

I think New super Mario bros. is the best handheld Mario game unless remakes count, then its easily SM64DS. Anyway, I think SM3DL relied too much on nostalgia rather than its own ideas and to me it isn't that memorable of a game at all. It was a fun game but there weren't any stand out levels unlike the other 4 3D Mario platformers which all have multiple great, memorable levels. Its soundtrack was okay but I can't think of any highlights from it that I'd want to listen to again on youtube unlike the other 4 3D Mario platformers.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

180. Posted:

Anyone who doesn't like a Super Mario Sunshine, has never tasted one.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury