Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,622

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,121. Posted:

I read that the review embargo ends on the 19th (can anyone confirm this?). With IGN leaking early I thought the reviews would come earlier than that. :(

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,122. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

, @DestinyMan Gotta love the vast sea of uncreativity in todays gaming world. We used to have cyborgs, green dinosaurs, space bounty hunters, elf warriors, bandicoots, plumbers and hedgehogs. Nowadays it's just indistinguishable 18-35 year old disturbed, dark, realistic, white guys with short hair and stubble. And the sad part is the majority prefer that....

Games like these should be getting GOTY, not GTA V or LOU.

I agree GTAV isn't GOTY worthy (Mostly due to the sexism), but lumping last of us with the dudebro games is just stupid.
I mean, can't both be GOTY candidates??
Heres what I mean, in comic form.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m57uyroxVp1qizbpto1_1280.png

Edited on by Red_XIII

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,123. Posted:

Try clicking on the spoiler picture under this text.

BOWSER IS THE MAIN ANTAGONIST!!!

Edited on by 10000mario

10000mario

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

1,124. Posted:

@Red_XIII Very good point. I agree. But I lump LOU in with the "dudebro" games because it honestly is that in my opinion. Not that its anywhere near GTA V mind you but it's so over rated and just another 3rd person Zombie shooter. Nothing different from anything else I've seen. It's story is good but it's not this heavenly orchestrated plot like many people claim it is. It's nothing special.

But this is all personal opinion. I'm sure people have their reasons for loving it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,125. Posted:

I'm with @Guitardude7. I don't care if it has great story; if a game has zombies and 3rd/1st person shooting as the genre, I'm not interested. Maybe if the setting was something other then the done to absolute death post-apocalyptic zombie scenario that far too many games nowadays use I'd give it a look, but otherwise no thanks.

Just my opinion is all.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,126. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Red_XIII Very good point. I agree. But I lump LOU in with the "dudebro" games because it honestly is that in my opinion. Not that its anywhere near GTA V mind you but it's so over rated and just another 3rd person Zombie shooter. Nothing different from anything else I've seen. It's story is good but it's not this heavenly orchestrated plot like many people claim it is. It's nothing special.

But this is all personal opinion. I'm sure people have their reasons for loving it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Agreed fully but I will also say that Last of Us did have great voice acting.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,127. Posted:

Well, on topic to Mario 3D World, how many players can be in multiplayer?
Oh, and since this GOTY debate is so juicy, lets give it its own thread.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,128. Posted:

Untitled

:D

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,129. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

:D

It would've been nice if those were pre-order gifts.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,130. Posted:

Does anyone know by any chance the name of the song in the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw

"Wii U - Super Mario 3D World Gameplay Trailer "

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,131. Posted:

@Miss_Dark: No, I don't. I think it could play at the carnival world.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,132. Posted:

@Miss_Dark
I would like to know as well, since I listen to it almost every day :$

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,133. Posted:

I was pretty annoyed when it was announced that the new 3D Mario game for the Wii U was a 3D Land sequel, but I've gradually become more excited for this, and it's probably the game I'm looking forward to most at the moment.
Four player multiplayer all launch day is going to be awesome fun.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,134. Posted:

I pre-ordered this game on Amazon today. Even though it's a sequel to 3D Land (a Mario game that I have very mixed feelings about), it looks promising. I'll be cautiously optimistic about this one and see what happens.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,135. Posted:

Anyone else who is doomed to play this game all alone? My friends don't play videogames. Kinda scared that it's especially aiming at multiplayer.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Jampie

1,136. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

Anyone else who is doomed to play this game all alone? My friends don't play videogames. Kinda scared that it's especially aiming at multiplayer.

I'll probably have to play this by myself too most of the time and will probably only have someone to play with 1-3 times a month. LOL.

Well according to Iwata Asks,
Motokura: "Yes. Being able to choose from among four characters to play a multiplayer mode is a big part of Super Mario 3D World, but the primary concept was to make sure that a single person could get full enjoyment from it. Multiplayer mode certainly offers the enjoyment that arises from people playing together, but we definitely wanted to avoid it being lackluster for single players."
Hayashida: "Everyone on the staff paid a lot of attention to that. During test play, I always played alone, six or seven times to the ending, and I'm still not tired of it at all."
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/super-mario-3...

So I'm sure it'd be fine playing alone too! :D

Edited on by Jampie

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5300-2300-1028 ☆ 4200-4134-8664

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter: jampielynn

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

1,137. Posted:

Thought I was going to have to wait for Christmas for this, but today my Fiance broke the news that she pre-ordered it for me on Amazon. I am SO excited to check this game out, as 3D Land is one of my favorite 3DS titles. I think the fact her and I can play together is appealing to her, even if she's not a gamer, she has fun with the Mario games.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,138. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I have a big sister to play with, but I'm primarily a single-player person. However, I believe this game will be big and creative enough to keep a single person satisfied.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,139. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I am but I'm cool with it as I like single player Mario more.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,140. Posted:

I'm sure it'll be fine as a single player experience.
I'll be going to a friend's house on launch day for four player multi, but I'll also be getting my own copy and playing through the whole game solo.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV