Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,588

Grumblevolcano

Whitewatermoose wrote:

Well, it's been a while since I posted. But, the optimist in me says, GREAT, polish Star Fox Zero and add a multiplayer mode. Let the single player campaign prepare you for multiplayer.

The pessimist in me says, another example of mismanagement and this is the just ridiculous. Star Fox Zero was delayed and while it probably needed to be, they won't release it with multiplayer and the game won't be that improved.

With the new leadership, im going to give them the benefit of the doubt and go with the OPTIMIST view at this point.

Not to beat a thought to death, but again, this is WHY moneyhatting third party ports was essential. IMAGINE IF THEY WOULD HAVE MONEY HATTED three or four games this holiday. BLOPS 3, Transformers Devastation, Destiny Taken King, and Tony Hawk. While Starfox would have left a gaping hole in the holiday lineup, it wouldn't have been empty and Nintendo could have checked off boxes that the system had these games.

The other thing Nintendo should be dumping money into at this point regardless of return on investment is patching Xenoblade X to get the Mech (skulls) suits within the first couple of hours playing. Not 30 hours in. The other is DEVILS THIRD, Nintendo should help them patch the game so the multiplayer works and is pretty good. Single player can remain a mess, the satisfaction from that games comes from multiplayer. Fix it for American release and release the patch worldwide at the same time.

These things would help, since we can only work with what we have.

Destiny The Taken King isn't a game, it's DLC for Destiny. Each physical copy of the game comes with the original 2014 game disc and a DLC code for all the DLC released since launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Surprised i haven't seen people say this was delayed to the NX, like they were saying about Zelda. Or maybe i haven't seen it yet, lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jump

DefHalan wrote:

Surprised i haven't seen people say this was delayed to the NX, like they were saying about Zelda. Or maybe i haven't seen it yet, lol

I've seen it in the comments section of the articles but not in this forum though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

luisesteban

I'm fine with the delay, Xenoblade would need a lot of hours of playing.

luisesteban

Socar

@arronishere: Well....I don't see the problem now that Super Mario Maker is out there which has far more replayability than any of the games out there. But seeing as how we're getting Xenoblade along with lots of 3DS games coming out, I think that alone is enough for the holiday season.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think the main thing to look forward to is DLC. It's pretty much all but confirmed that there'll be a mega DLC pack for Smash on September 30th (and chances are another will happen in November), Splatoon is still getting new maps despite being nearly 4 months old, the Super Mario Maker Smash stage confirms there's an upcoming Super Mario Maker update or DLC release (slopes confirmed!), Hyrule Warriors Legends confirms more DLC for the Wii U version. Really the only things missing on that front is more mission mode stuff for Pikmin 3 (not happening because Pikmin 4 is nearly finished) and more Mario Kart 8 DLC packs (unlikely because of the shift to mobile).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Araquanid

Perhaps the delay will result in us getting multiplayer. I remember miyamoto saying something about considering it if they can add it in time.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

UGXwolf

NoA and Nintendo in general have done irreparable damage to the Wii U's reputation, this year. The 3DS is on its way out, Iwata's gone, their YouTube policies have gone from unreasonable to draconian, and the fact that people have taken to assuming every delay means an NX port proves this to be Nintendo's worst year in a very long time. For the record, Zelda has been confirmed for Wii U. Any NX talk is merely speculation and only concerns a joint release based on an assumed console launch date. That won't stop people from assuming, which is why I say the U's rep can't be salvaged. We can only hope Kinishima has the business sense and respect for creativity that Nintendo needs for 2016 to be an amazing year, but I'm not convinced.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Socar

@UGXwolf: I'd argue over that Youtube thing as I think Nintendo does have every right to it. Personally, I don't see how this is the worst year for Nintendo as this year, they are making profit. Yeah, I'm still extremely sad to see Iwata-san go, but hey, didn't you just tell me that Nintendo will honor his death? Also, the spelling for Kimishima-san is wrong.

Look, the Wii U isn't the only failure system that Nintendo has ever done. If anything, this reminds me of Gamecube. Awesome system but poor sales.

Socar

@Whitewatermoose: I don't think the Gamecube had great third party support. When it does have support, its only because of its raw power that has support in it. The only third party games that have some importance for the gamecube were the ones coming from SEGA (skies of arcadia, Adventure 2 Battle etc.). The Wii U also has low third party support like the gamecube except that after how big the Wii was, it couldn't even reach to one quarter sales of that level.

DefHalan

It is sad that 2015 lost its Game of the Year. Now something of far lesser quality will take its place.

jump

DefHalan wrote:

It is sad that 2015 lost its Game of the Year. Now something of far lesser quality will take its place.

Star Fox was the lesser quality Zelda replacement

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Star Fox was the lesser quality Zelda replacement

Yes but the difference in quality from Zelda to Star Fox was less than from Star Fox to the next best game.

Edited on by DefHalan

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan wrote:

You genuinely think that Star Fox Zero was going to be awarded the game of the year over the likes of the critically acclaimed Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Splatoon and Metal Gear Solid V?

I would also like to borrow your time machine once you're done with it too, please!

I am super glad this is being delayed for 'extra polish' as it did not look particularly inspiring a couple of months ago, at E3.

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan

Peek-a-boo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You genuinely think that Star Fox Zero was going to be awarded the game of the year over the likes of the critically acclaimed Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Splatoon and Metal Gear Solid V?

I would also like to borrow your time machine once you're done with it too, please!

I am super glad this is being delayed for 'extra polish' as it did not look particularly inspiring a couple of months ago, at E3.

Splatoon was pretty good but those other games are pretty boring. I don't see how Star Fox doesn't look better than last year's Game of the Year, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

You can borrow my Time Machine, you just have to catch me first, hahahahaha.

Edited on by DefHalan

Joeynator3000

lol...all these comments saying that Zero would have been Game of the Year.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Megumi wrote:

How do you know it wouldn't?

Eel

Megumi wrote:

Yeah, StarFox is nice and all... But it's a bit naive to assume that it would impact the industry in any notable way. It's about as niche as main nintendo franchises can get.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jariw

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Why do you want to compare old E3 footage, instead of the most recent footage they showed? I'm not saying that the more recent footage looks stunning, but it looks much better than how it looked at E3.

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.