Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,588

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

Megumi wrote:

lol...all these comments saying that Zero would have been Game of the Year.

Yeah, StarFox is nice and all... But it's a bit naive to assume that it would impact the industry in any notable way. It's about as niche as main nintendo franchises can get.

Which makes it a great candidate for GotY. GotY are not the Call of Duties or the Grand Theft Autos anymore, they are the Walking Deads and smaller titles with bigger than indie budgets. So Star Fox fits perfectly in there. Small enough to surprise while big enough for exposure.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It is sad that 2015 lost its Game of the Year. Now something of far lesser quality will take its place.

You genuinely think that Star Fox Zero was going to be awarded the game of the year over the likes of the critically acclaimed Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Splatoon and Metal Gear Solid V?

I would also like to borrow your time machine once you're done with it too, please!

I am super glad this is being delayed for 'extra polish' as it did not look particularly inspiring a couple of months ago, at E3.

Splatoon was pretty good but those other games are pretty boring. I don't see how Star Fox doesn't look better than last year's Game of the Year, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

You can borrow my Time Machine, you just have to catch me first, hahahahaha.

Hahaha good one, oh you're being serious.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

How do you know it wouldn't?

Like Morph has said, it's pretty much like Metroid. Not many people care for it that much to be GOTY. X has a better chance at being GOTY than Zero, then again I'm pretty sure none of them are getting it. (the GOTY released a week ago, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It is sad that 2015 lost its Game of the Year. Now something of far lesser quality will take its place.

You genuinely think that Star Fox Zero was going to be awarded the game of the year over the likes of the critically acclaimed Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Splatoon and Metal Gear Solid V?

I would also like to borrow your time machine once you're done with it too, please!

I am super glad this is being delayed for 'extra polish' as it did not look particularly inspiring a couple of months ago, at E3.

Splatoon was pretty good but those other games are pretty boring. I don't see how Star Fox doesn't look better than last year's Game of the Year, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

You can borrow my Time Machine, you just have to catch me first, hahahahaha.

Hahaha good one, oh you're being serious.

I never said I was being serious lol

but on a serious note, Captain Toad was my game of the year last year. I know people won't agree to that but it doesn't change the fact that I had the most fun last year with Captain Toad. Hyrule Warriors was right behind that.

Edited on by DefHalan

Eel

@Megumi: I'd say it's more like Pikmin or Earthbound than Metroid. Metroid is a tiny little bit more mainstream.

But hey at least it's not on the same level as F Zero.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

...Well anyways yeah...only game out there that can steal the award is Zelda, and that's coming out next year. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan wrote:

Splatoon was pretty good but those other games are pretty boring. I don't see how Star Fox doesn't look better than last year's Game of the Year, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker..

I don't wish to play the accusing game, but have you really, REALLY played those other three games that you swiftly dismissed as 'pretty boring'? Bloodborne alone is one of the most exciting and surprisingly fast paced games in years, despite being a challenge and a half.

Even Metal Gear Solid V is rather good fun too, and that is coming from somebody who didn't especially enjoy the older games, gameplay wise.

As for Captain Toad, it was easily one of my favourite games of 2014; I opened (and played) it at Christmas time, which gave the game a little bit more sparkle. It was a genuine joy to play, from beginning to end!

My (other) favourite games last year were Shovel Knight, Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Peek-a-boo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'd be shocked if anything other than Star Wars Battlefront was awarded GotY, which is pretty much the big missing part of Star Fox Zero (online multiplayer).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

@artwark: Business isn't always about the fairest split. I agree they're within their rights. Just like Microsoft was well withon their rights to sell the One at $500. You could probably even argue the One's pricing was fair for various reasons, but at the end of the day, a fair deal isn't always a good one. Nintendo keeping 40% of the profits from their partners is a bad deal because it encourages people to upload with other groups that pay more. The reality is that YouTube is free advertising and Nintendo continues to misuse it as an added source of revenue instead of a program to het loyal YouTubers serving them free advertisements. The lack of heavy hitters throughout the year is painfully evident with two of the biggest games of the year coming next year. As I said before, Nintendo isn't gonna keel over, but overall, this has been a very bad year for Nintendo. They'll recover, I'm sure, but you have to admit, the bad news outweighs the good, this year. Hell, even a lot if the best things were cases of Nintendo getting it, but not really getting it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

kkslider5552000

Megumi wrote:

Well considering last year's GOTY was an NES game essentially...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: I seriously doubt Battlefront will win GOTY. The games that are nominated for overall GOTY will probably be Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MGS V, and Fallout 4. Maybe Halo 5. Fallout 4 and Metal Gear will win all of the GOTY awards.

Battlefront will probably win best shooter though. Xenoblade X is most likely going to be nominated for best RPG, though Fallout will obviously take it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

Peek-a-boo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Splatoon was pretty good but those other games are pretty boring. I don't see how Star Fox doesn't look better than last year's Game of the Year, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker..

I don't wish to play the accusing game, but have really, REALLY played those other three games that you swiftly dismissed as 'pretty boring'?

No but have you played Star Fox, which you swiftly dismissed?

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

How do you know it wouldn't?

Because Metal Gear Solid V released this year.

MGSV has nothing on Star Fox Zero.

Peek-a-boo

@DefHalan: No, because nobody outside of the studio who are currently developing the game has played it to (near) completion.

So, unless you work for this studio, how can you claim that Star Fox Zero could be (or is) the game of the year?

You also cannot go about saying that game A, B and C looks 'pretty boring' without even playing them by the way! I am far more open minded than you to just stick to playing Nintendo games. You should try doing so too, one of these days.

I haven't 'swiftly dismissed' Star Fox Zero either; just that I am pleased to see it cooking in the oven for a little bit longer.

Peek-a-boo

Joeynator3000

....What's up with the page? It looks messed up, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Blast

People who aren't genuinely excited for Star Fox Zero... Get out.
People who wanna keep trashing the delay even though that means the game will ultimately be better... Get out.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

@Peek-a-boo: I have at least played the game (at E3) so I have an opinion about it. I haven't played those other games so I cannot say that they deserve GotY.

@Megumi: People are taking my joke very serious, so serious that I have added in my signature that Star Fox Zero GotY 2015 = Joke.

Blast

Speaking of which... @DefHalan is like the only guy on this site I actually feel sorry for that Star Fox Zero got delayed. @DefHalan has stood with this game since day one.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

cookiex

I'm feeling... February 19th right now.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.