Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,588

kyuubikid213

@MegaBeedrill: Then that's just more reason for people like Sparx to stop giving this game (that hasn't released yet) so much grief.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Well, Star Fox Zero's not out yet, so you don't know if there'll be branching paths, hidden secrets, or lots of replayability.

There are branching paths confirmed in the game. For example, the boss you see in the demo, you can either take him out right then and there, or find an alternative way to defeat him, and he escapes causing you to rebattle that boss later in the game, causing a massive plot shift I'd imagine.

You're joking when you say that's gonna take a massive plot shift right? Bioware isn't making this game. Miyamoto's "gameplay over everything" ideas is making this game. My expectations for Star Fox Zero's story is incredibly low.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sparx

@kyuubikid213: think you misunderstood me, I knew that stuff was in it and was just saying all I want in the game is there so I'm happy with it since right above me blast gave a list of what he wanted though I guess I could be clearer

as for how twisty the plot will be, star fox 64 had one of my favorite scenes when you get the true ending james coming to save fox

My avatar is from here

Araquanid

@Blast

It will be branching out in different paths, and I speculate that there will be changes to the plot depending on how each path is chosen. Defeating a major enemy early on, vs. letting him go for sure has to make some kind of dramatic influence.

Personally, I'm still in disbelief that star fox zero will have a major plot focus, as like I've said in the past, the series was never that story heavy. Especially command, where it has only about 10 different endings. I'm not looking forward to this game due to story line purposes or to expand on the SF universe, I'm looking forward to it specifically for what you said, "gameplay over everything" since tbh, that's all I've seen in the star fox universe since I've played the 64 verison. There's a cute little romantic plot and back story for some of the characters, but nothing chronologically important to look forward to.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

I'm not sure about this game yet. If they price it right, at like 50 dollars, I will definitely get it! But a 60 dollar game without multiplayer or a huge AAA budget, is a hard sell for me. If it's 60 bucks, I'll probably wait for reviews.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

-Green-

This was a pretty cool analysis of the game and really shows the amount of apparent detail in the game. Makes me want the game even more.

I don't know how to embed a video, can someone please do that for me if possible. Thank you.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

@DreamyViridi: Thank You

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Freelance

@hirobo2: Nothing crazy about that. I've bought several systems for the sole purpose of playing one game on it, but I do check out other games too and end up with a bunch of games on that system.

Freelance

Octane

@DreamyViridi: He was wrong about the Project Guard part at the end, as that's still a separate game:

''When Miyamoto unveiled Star Fox for Wii U at last year's E3, he showed it alongside two other experiments: Project Guard and Project Robot. The former, Miyamoto said, is still in development. Like Star Fox Zero, Nintendo is working with Platinum Games on Project Guard to complete the game. It's making great progress, Miyamoto said.''

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8790483/star-fox-zero-wii-u-...

Octane

CanisWolfred

Donjwolf wrote:

@hirobo2: Nothing crazy about that. I've bought several systems for the sole purpose of playing one game on it, but I do check out other games too and end up with a bunch of games on that system.

I'm impressed how much people don't realize that what you described is not uncommon...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

I'm impressed how much people don't realize that what you described is not uncommon...

The Master Chief Collection pretty much single handedly saved the Xbox One, and Wii U would be in an even worse state without Mario Kart.

Not to mention that Wii Sports is why Wii was a success.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sparx

that vid did a good job of hyping me up, but moving on, has local multiplayer/co-op been confirmed?

If the game is already designed to produce two screens at 60 fps each, then couldn't they make a co-op mode for story mode where one player plays on the screen and the other on the gamepad? Or at least a local multiplayer that plays like that?

My avatar is from here

Dezzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

Triple negative trophy unlocked!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Triple negative trophy unlocked!

I'd like to thank the acadamy for not teaching me to not speak without using the converse of incomprehensible speech.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

hirobo2

Is StarFox Zero named after the Mitsubishi Zero airplane that struck Pearl Harbor during WWII? B/c then that would make Big N a warmongering company...

hirobo2

NintendoFan64

hirobo2 wrote:

Is StarFox Zero named after the Mitsubishi Zero airplane that struck Pearl Harbor during WWII? B/c then that would make Big N a warmongering company...

...Where the Hell are you getting that?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

CanisWolfred

hirobo2 wrote:

That doesn't even warrant a tin-foil hat...that's just dumb. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shaneoh

CanisWolfred wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

That doesn't even warrant a tin-foil hat...that's just dumb. :/

Untitled

On topic: played through one path of Star Fox 64 3D last night and I am quite looking forward to SFZ

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.