Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,588

hirobo2

NintendoFan64 wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Is StarFox Zero named after the Mitsubishi Zero airplane that struck Pearl Harbor during WWII? B/c then that would make Big N a warmongering company...

...Where the Hell are you getting that?

It's the new transformable Arwing. They're likening it to the Mitsubishi Zero. If you ever read the original StarFox comics, the Arwing is supposed to be the most advanced starfighter in the known galaxy (a sort of tribute to the Mitsu Zero which in its time was the best warplane in teh world). I'm not against the Arwing being the best only when it's associated with Mitsu Zero.

Anyways, I for one will not be getting this title, even if they offered it to me for FREE. I mean you also look at the video of Miyamoto promoting SFZ, which was shot at one of those "Shinto shrines" that the Chinese hates so much. Once again an allusion to WWII and a warmongering company.

Even then, it's funny how they try to associate SFZ with the Mitsu Zero b/c the Arwing in it isn't even a real starfighter. It's been purposely made to look like a plastic figurine so little kids will buy the amiibo and be able to pilot it at the same time with the game...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

-Green-

hirobo2 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Is StarFox Zero named after the Mitsubishi Zero airplane that struck Pearl Harbor during WWII? B/c then that would make Big N a warmongering company...

It's the new transformable Arwing. They're likening it to the Mitsubishi Zero. If you ever read the original StarFox comics, the Arwing is supposed to be the most advanced starfighter in the known galaxy (a sort of tribute to the Mitsu Zero which in its time was the best warplane in teh world). I'm not against the Arwing being the best only when it's associated with Mitsu Zero.

Anyways, I for one will not be getting this title, even if they offered it to me for FREE. I mean you also look at the video of Miyamoto promoting SFZ, which was shot at one of those "Shinto shrines" that the Chinese hates so much. Once again an allusion to WWII and a warmongering company...

Okay... I think you're looking far too deep into it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

hirobo2

Aromaiden wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Anyways, I for one will not be getting this title, even if they offered it to me for FREE. I mean you also look at the video of Miyamoto promoting SFZ, which was shot at one of those "Shinto shrines" that the Chinese hates so much. Once again an allusion to WWII and a warmongering company...

Okay... I think you're looking far too deep into it.

Com'on I dare you to Youtube the video of Shiggy talking about SFZ and even paying tribute to Fox at one of those "shrines".

BTW, they might as well name the game Star Mitsubishi Fox Zero b/c then I'll at least respect them for coming clean with where they stand rather than hiding behind a facade of pretentious game titles...

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

NintendoFan64

@hirobo2:

I was Jontron in that while reading the logic behind your theory for why it's called Starfox Zero.
Edit: But in all seriousness, words cannot describe how insane you sound right now.

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Dezzy

hirobo2 wrote:

You needed to take a 'left' at the fountain of insanity to get to Polygon. Nintendolife was straight ahead

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

Holy Christ on a Bendy Bus. I just...I was starting to like humans, I go on the internet and realise they reach and are just as stupid as before.

If this is how it goes now...well I found the Triforce in OoT, and Mew is indeed under the truck. You just need 3 specific Pokémon hidden behind puzzles, give a specific one a nickname, a specific held item, then go to the specific spot at a certain time of day and....no that's Regigigas in ORAS.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CanisWolfred

Anyways, Star Fox Zero sounds better the more I read about it. I'm a little worried that there's "not as much" branching path stuff, but they seem to be focusing on variety right now, and it seems you can use different vehicles to tackle a stage differently, and they still want it to be replayable.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

Only somewhat related to Star Fox Zero, the Great Fox is an F-Zero machine in GX!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

@NintendoFan64: I wonder what was Jon's reaction of Zero anyways.....

Obviously, Nintendo might host a direct about Zero one way or another and after what Nintendo had to go through this week, let them take all the time they need to get better at it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

iKhan

You know I'm getting really sick of people saying "Nintendo did it again, Starfox Zero lacks online multiplayer".

Look, I'm not saying it's good or bad that Star Fox doesn't have mutliplayer, but when people say this, they are distracting from the actual recurring problem Nintendo has. That is, omitting online from games with a significant multiplayer component, or omitting voice chat from games with a significant online component.

Star Fox Zero straight up doesn't have multiplayer, online or local. This has nothing to do with Nintendo's traditional problem of refusing to embrace online. It has to do with the franchise itself and it's history. Go ahead and be angry with Nintendo, but please do it for the right reasons.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

You know I'm getting really sick of people saying "Nintendo did it again, Starfox Zero lacks online multiplayer".

Look, I'm not saying it's good or bad that Star Fox doesn't have mutliplayer, but when people say this, they are distracting from the actual recurring problem Nintendo has. That is, omitting online from games with a significant multiplayer component, or omitting voice chat from games with a significant online component.

Star Fox Zero straight up doesn't have multiplayer, online or local. This has nothing to do with Nintendo's traditional problem of refusing to embrace online. It has to do with the franchise itself and it's history. Go ahead and be angry with Nintendo, but please do it for the right reasons.

What is your point here? People like me wanted online multiplayer in this freaking game. It could've been amazing. It's wasted potential... yet again.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jump

iKhan wrote:

Star Fox Zero straight up doesn't have multiplayer, online or local. This has nothing to do with Nintendo's traditional problem of refusing to embrace online. It has to do with the franchise itself and it's history.

The franchise and it's history has multiplayer though, aside from the first game and Adventure all of them have included multiplayer which has also ben a fairly popular part of the game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Shinion

@Blast: yeah but it comes both ways. Nintendo have got to be passionate about online multi-player, otherwise they'll get an even worse rep if it's forced in and is rubbish. Neither Nintendo or Platinum have experience in this area, so I can understand them for not going for it. It's a huge problem with games when the dev team sits down with a focus group whose feedback consists purely of 'Online Multi-player and 1080p 60FPS!' And we get absolute tripe COD and Battlefield rip-offs and wannabes. I know Star Fox's online would've been very different, and I would love it as much as anyone if done right, but I don't think it in any way makes Zero a lesser game, it's not like Star Fox has ever had online before nor had Nintendo ever said that this would have it. I'm very confident that this game will be a great Starfox single-player game, and I'll be happy with that.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

jump

TheLastLugia wrote:

it's not like Star Fox has ever had online before.

Star Fox Command had online.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Blast: yeah but it comes both ways. Nintendo have got to be passionate about online multi-player, otherwise they'll get an even worse rep if it's forced in and is rubbish. Neither Nintendo or Platinum have experience in this area, so I can understand them for not going for it. It's a huge problem with games when the dev team sits down with a focus group whose feedback consists purely of 'Online Multi-player and 1080p 60FPS!' And we get absolute tripe COD and Battlefield rip-offs and wannabes. I know Star Fox's online would've been very different, and I would love it as much as anyone if done right, but I don't think it in any way makes Zero a lesser game, it's not like Star Fox has ever had online before nor had Nintendo ever said that this would have it. I'm very confident that this game will be a great Starfox single-player game, and I'll be happy with that.

Platinum Games' Bayonetta 2 has amazing online multiplayer on Wii U. Various Nintendo series like Pokemon and others have good online multiplayer too. Star Fox: Zero could've had great online multiplayer...

And I'm not even confident Star Fox: Zero will be an amazing single player game. It's yet another retread of the same freaking story with new gameplay mechanics.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shinion

@Blast: yeah I suppose you bring up good points, it's a valid compliant, it just gets really annoying whenever any game is released and complaints are listed exclusively to 'no Online Multi-player, Online Multi-player sucks, no voice chat, not enough maps, not enough players' etc. if it's something you would've liked, then it is tough luck really, though the fact that you're not satisfied with the single-player as well probably indicates the game as a whole won't be for you. I've wanted to play a Starfox game with Starfox characters in the Starfox universe with Starfox gameplay for years, so this does not seemed re-hashed to me at all, as well as the fact that most sequels these days are not 'innovative' at all.

Shinion

Dezzy

Video of reactions from Hyper Japan, whatever that is:

Note they selected the guy who said the graphics had improved.....whilst showing the same graphics.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

OptometristLime

Dezzy wrote:

Note they selected the guy who said the graphics had improved.....whilst showing the same graphics.

No he said they had improved over the original (Starfox 64).

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

DefHalan

OptometristLime wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

No he said they had improved over the original (Starfox 64).

I still don't understand the issues with Star Fox zero's graphics, looks great to me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.