Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,588

DefHalan

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Always a catch 22 with amiibo. They make exclusive stuff, then people cry foul over locked dlc. They do skins and then people cry foul because "that's all they can do". I used to hate the idea of the toys to life single game but I see why it is done now. It is the best way to appease both sides.

I think having an Amiibo centeric game makes sense, something similar to Disney infinity or Skylanders, then having Amiibo give small bonuses in other game, skins or kirby power ups, would be the best way to go. They would have a main game that really pushes the Amiibo line and still using them in other games makes sense to me. I think Disney infinity and Skylanders could even reach out. If Disney or Activision came out with another game targeted to kids and gave you some bonus if you had the portal and a character, but didn't make that be mandatory, it would work out really well.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

hirobo2

Based on what I've seen so far, I'm sold on StarFox Zero. Music could be a little better and small enemies design could be further improved over the N64 version. But overall, I like the attention to details put into this "re-envisioning", and I don't mean the graphics. I mean things like the praying-mantis-cross-chicken mode, which in the SF2 version would just mean legs on an elongated fuselage which doesn't make sense from an engineering perspective. Arwing upgrade and new paint job are the sexiest thing I've seen the SF universe yet!

hirobo2

hirobo2

This is precisely the reason why Miyamoto doesn't artistically "get" Starfox. Letting go of Hajime Hirasawa (composer) after the original StarFox on the SNES is no less blasphemy to the StarFox franchise than leaving John Williams out of the Star Wars equation...

Hajime is long gone from Nintendo and a good thing too b/c he was never involved with SF2 and it never got released. Also the Franchise turned to the crappers starting with the N64 version. I would rate Zero a distant second best after the original SNES from what I've seen so far. Hajime may have left Nintendo, but the least they could have done to appease "true" Starfox fans is to recycle some of his music.

I mean just listen to this. It's a recycled remix but 10x better than the orchestrated doodoo they call music in the Zero E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb22c834oYs&spfreload=10

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

kkslider5552000

hirobo2 wrote:

This is precisely the reason why Miyamoto doesn't artistically "get" Starfox. Letting go of Hajime Hirasawa (composer) after the original StarFox on the SNES is no less blasphemy to the StarFox franchise than leaving John Williams out of the Star Wars equation...

Hajime is long gone from Nintendo and a good thing too b/c he was never involved with SF2 and it never got released. Also the Franchise turned to the crappers starting with the N64 version. I would rate Zero a distant second best after the original SNES from what I've seen so far. Hajime may have left Nintendo, but the least they could have done to appease "true" Starfox fans is to recycle some of his music.

I mean just listen to this. It's a recycled remix but 10x better than the orchestrated doodoo they call music in the Zero E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb22c834oYs&spfreload=10

Thank you for confirming I never have to read one of your posts again. Some people take ages to confirm, so I appreciate doing this ASAP instead. Saves me some time.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

Artwark wrote:

For those of you wondering about the graphics.........

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/21/miyamoto-says-star-fox-z...

He does have a point though. I can't tell much of difference between realistic games anymore. Its all so vague. But still, he could have atleast make it look like a Wii U game not that I'm complaining.

My main complaint with the graphics is actually just the terrains on the planet levels. They look overly low-poly and poorly textured. The space level and most of the structures look just fine. Although the whole thing could just be much more high poly and manage to preserve the same style, not sure why they've not done that.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Freelance

I'm not getting the game as I don't have a Wii U, but I wish Hajime Hirasawa was still on board. Star Fox's soundtrack was a masterpiece IMO. No SF game since has managed to come even close to topping it.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Dezzy

FattyWhale_42 wrote:

My dream — and I may be alone in this — is basically a Star Fox version of Rouge Squadron. I had (and still have) both games on my N64, guess which one got played 100x (at least) more.

I'd prefer that to a rail shooter too.
Star Fox does have sections like that though doesn't it!?

Blast

Okay... Now I see when people say that Kid Icarus: Uprising still looks more impressive than Star Fox: Zero on multiple elements. I'm sorry but I'm just not impressed.... Yet.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

hirobo2

Donjwolf wrote:

I'm not getting the game as I don't have a Wii U, but I wish Hajime Hirasawa was still on board. Star Fox's soundtrack was a masterpiece IMO. No SF game since has managed to come even close to topping it.

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of getting the Wii U solely to play SFZ. And yup, SNES StarFox is my favorite in the franchise b/c of 66% music and 34% everything else. Could you imagine if Danny Elfman or another composer had composed the music for Star Wars instead? It's just nuts to think Miyamoto made SF the iconic phenomenon that it is alone...

hirobo2

hirobo2

Blast wrote:

Okay... Now I see when people say that Kid Icarus: Uprising still looks more impressive than Star Fox: Zero on multiple elements. I'm sorry but I'm just not impressed.... Yet.

StarFox had never been known to be good looking. The original StarFox on the SNES had two different Arwing models, one with a high polygon count for the cinematic sequences, and one very low poly in-game model that looked like a triangular UFO with pointy ears. SFZ is just following the same trend. They're going for "minimum" details to maintain a high fps across two screen.

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Socar

Blast wrote:

My guess is that when they say that, Uprising pushed the 3DS limitations and brought it out like that. Zero doesn't look like its pushing limitations and as a result, people can see it in that perspective and even I saw it like that. I liked the game and would have liked it better if it weren't for its tedious control scheme. But Zero's control scheme doesn't tedious compared to Uprising because its built with that mindset. One stick for movement and the other for aiming. I don't see how hard that is compared to uprising which forces you to use movement and the stylus at the same time which turned out to be frustrating.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Dezzy

Blast wrote:

Lol it's pretty much true! Uprising was really one of the best looking games on the 3DS and has an insane level of detail and care.
Star Fox Zero kinda looks like a resurrected Wii game

kyuubikid213

hirobo2 wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of getting the Wii U solely to play SFZ. And yup, SNES StarFox is my favorite in the franchise b/c of 66% music and 34% everything else. Could you imagine if Danny Elfman or another composer had composed the music for Star Wars instead? It's just nuts to think Miyamoto made SF the iconic phenomenon that it is alone...

Why would we call you crazy...? It's your money. You buy the system when you think it's worth it. If Star Fox Zero is that game that pushes you to the point of purchase, that's great.

I'll be grabbing this game as well. It doesn't look bad to me, and I'm sure once it launches, we'll be singing its praises. It IS a Star Fox game after all and a lot of you have been begging for it for years. I've only been on this site since 2011 and I've heard more clamoring for Star Fox than anything.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

hirobo2 wrote:

Donjwolf wrote:

Why would we call you crazy...? It's your money. You buy the system when you think it's worth it. If Star Fox Zero is that game that pushes you to the point of purchase, that's great.

I'll be grabbing this game as well. It doesn't look bad to me, and I'm sure once it launches, we'll be singing its praises. It IS a Star Fox game after all and a lot of you have been begging for it for years. I've only been on this site since 2011 and I've heard more clamoring for Star Fox than anything.

I was clamoring for a Star Fix game that had online, looked beautiful, and actually pushed the story to new heights. Shigeru Miyamoto is all about gameplay and it shows in Star Fox Zero. I'm not saying the game will be bad. I just wanted far more.

Master of the Hype Train

Sparx

I just wanted something like Star Fox 64, action, branching paths, hidden secrets and lots of replayability

My avatar is from here

kyuubikid213

Sparx wrote:

I just wanted something like Star Fox 64, action, branching paths, hidden secrets and lots of replayability

Well, Star Fox Zero's not out yet, so you don't know if there'll be branching paths, hidden secrets, or lots of replayability.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Sparx wrote:

Well, Star Fox Zero's not out yet, so you don't know if there'll be branching paths, hidden secrets, or lots of replayability.

I can already tell Zero is most focused on the transformation aspect than anything else.

Master of the Hype Train

Araquanid

kyuubikid213 wrote:

There are branching paths confirmed in the game. For example, the boss you see in the demo, you can either take him out right then and there, or find an alternative way to defeat him, and he escapes causing you to rebattle that boss later in the game, causing a massive plot shift I'd imagine.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.