Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,588

Storytime7

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I just don't want Miyamoto to force an unconventional control mechanic down our throughs because "UUUURRR IT'S INNOVATIVE!!"
After an entire generation where motion control either worked very well or ruined an entire game for me, I just want some traditional arcade shooting Star-Fox. I love Miyamoto and I'm sure he knows what he's doing but the fact that he keeps promoting the controls as unique and cinematic have me a tad worried.

Agreed. There wouldn't even be anything to worry about with this game if they didn't try to force innovation just for the sake of it, or at least waited to announce it until they had something to show.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Blast

I honestly think that one picture of Miyamoto holding the Gamepad up as dialogue was on the TV as he played Starfox U says it all. I hope off-tv play is in this game but I doubt it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

... I honesty forgot this game was coming this year....

Master of the Hype Train

Souldin

Ironically enough, whilst I see a lot of people worrying about the controls and usage of the Gamepad getting in the way of this Star Fox game as it were, it's the fact that this upcoming Star Fox game utilises the Gamepad that has me interested in it.

Whether I'll actually end up getting it depends on whether I like what I see further down the line, and whether I'll have the money for it at the time of it's release, but hearing of how the Gamepad will be utilised to the aim whilst moving with the control stick sounds more fun to me than simply playing with traditional controls. Then again, I'm someone whose preference for playing Star Fox 64 3D was in using it's gyroscope controls, which I felt was a more enjoyable way to play said game.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

So how much are we predicting price wise for this game? Do you think they'll go the episodic route, like they hinted, or the full on game route? If it's episodic, I won't be buying it until the whole game is released, hopefully in packaged form.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

jariw

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

So how much are we predicting price wise for this game? Do you think they'll go the episodic route, like they hinted, or the full on game route? If it's episodic, I won't be buying it until the whole game is released, hopefully in packaged form.

AFAIK, there has been no confirmation that there will be episodic releases of the game, only that the game itself is episodic in its structure.

jariw

retropunky

I really hope it's not released in episodes like Moon Chronicles. Star Fox64 felt like it was told in chapters, so if it was like that, I wouldn't mind it.

If they added online, where you could either have missions or even a horde mode, that would be a great addition. Really can't wait how this turns out.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

larry_koopa

@NintyMan

I think they'd be wise to include traditional controls in this game. I'm certainly interested in an HD Star Fox regardless, but if I can play it with a Pro Controller it'll be a day one purchase for me.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

Rumor alert! GameInformer allegedly has an article claiming Star Fox U will support both traditional and motion controls.

"Nintendo is planning on bringing Fox Mcloud out of retirement for a new entry on the Wii U. Fox will be able to fly his Arwing and seamlessly transform into a tank during certian sequences. Pilots can control the game either with their Gamepad's analog sticks or motion control. The game was very early in development and looked admittedly rought the last we saw of it, but we're hoping Fox gets the new, grand adventure he deserves."

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/247532-rumor-starfox-wii-u-lets-y...

The spelling errors are fishy, but this would be nice if true.

PLEASE BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Spoony_Tech

I can't see why it wouldn't be true. I have no worries what so ever that it will have at least one traditional control option. Still I like to experience what the developer had in mine when designing the game and use that control scheme. Its always more fun that way.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JDB26

To be honest, I'd still prefer a Starfox game that included the flight elements, but was mainly Starfox Adentures-esque

NN ID: jonnybean26

Blast

Now that Legend of Zelda Wii U is delayed... We REALLY need this game to be ground-breaking and amazing. We NEED THIS GAME TO BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! It can't afford to just be good anymore. So much pressure on XCX and Star Fox U and Splatoon and even Devil's 3rd!

Master of the Hype Train

IceClimbers

Blast wrote:

Now that Legend of Zelda Wii U is delayed... We REALLY need this game to be ground-breaking and amazing. We NEED THIS GAME TO BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! It can't afford to just be good anymore. So much pressure on XCX and Star Fox U and Splatoon and even Devil's 3rd!

I somehow doubt Star Fox is coming this year either.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Blast wrote:

!!! No!!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

IceClimbers

Blast wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Blast wrote:

!!! No!!!!!!! Don't say that!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering we haven't seen anything from Star Fox, I doubt it's coming this year unless it's a short SF64-like game. The only thing we know about this game is that it exists and was supposed to arrive before Zelda.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DefHalan

I think it is still coming this year. It is a smaller game than Zelda and has had a completely different team working on it. I don't see how it couldn't be done within 9 months, seeing how they have already been working on it for over a year. If this is delayed to 2016 then it would need lots of content to justify that.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Spoony_Tech

Star Fox could easily be made in a years time. It's not a complicated game to make and is usually not too long either. No worries here whatsoever. The question lies with what game will be the end of the year game though unless Nintendo has a big reveal they've kept secret till E3 which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GrailUK

After the news about Zelda, I am left hoping Star Fox U will resemble No Mans Sky in the sense of seamless interplanetary travel. Then I wouldn't mind waiting for Zelda if it scratches my exploration itch!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

I'm becoming convinced Star Fox U will be a smallish game like Star Fox 64.

2015's Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Master of the Hype Train

Peach64

I've had that impression for a while too. In the big Nintendo issue Edge did last year, they said the prototype at E3 was Star Fox 64 code (probably from the 3DS version) and assets from a cancelled Wii Star Fox. Not that it means it will be bad, as Star Fox and Star Fox 64 are probably still considered the best the series has to offer. It's just I think it has so much potential for being turned into a bigger game.

Peach64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.