Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,588

IceClimbers

That's what I was thinking. If it is to be released this year, it will be a smaller on-rails only game like Star Fox 64. Anything more and I'd expect them to delay it to next year considering we haven't seen anything from the game yet.

If it is to be an on-rails only game like SF64, then I don't see how they can expect it to be the Wii U's big holiday title now that Zelda's been delayed. As great as the game probably is, it won't fly as the big holiday exclusive. It's meant to be a support title. Xenoblade is a better fit as the big holiday title as it's bigger in scope.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Dezzy

I really hope this is off-rails. Rogue Squadron style.

What were the last few games? I only played the first 2.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

I really hope this is off-rails. Rogue Squadron style.

What were the last few games? I only played the first 2.

Adventures - Zelda like adventure game
Assault - 3rd Person shooter (with some on-rails levels) where you can be on foot or jump into vehicles.
Command - Drawing a flight plan on the touch screen in a turn based strategy type of mechanic, when you collide with an enemy you play a open level like the "All-Range Mode" levels in 64.

Command and Assault are my two favorite Star Fox games followed by 64, Original, and Adventures. Adventures is considered a bad game but it really isn't, it just isn't your normal type of Star Fox game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Megas75

Personally I hope this game is more of a bigger and more fleshed out version of SF:Assault. I always thought that was a reasonable evolution for the series, but there was a lot of places for improvements.

Also mechs

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

DefHalan

Megas75 wrote:

Personally I hope this game is more of a bigger and more fleshed out version of SF:Assault. I always thought that was a reasonable evolution for the series, but there was a lot of places for improvements.

Also mechs

I agree, with everything except mechs. Mechs almost always play the same as on foot just bigger and possibly slower. Tanks and Jets add new mechanics. Just a personal thing I guess

TuVictus

With how tiny the development is, assuming it releases this year, I think the best we can hope for is SF64 style game. Please for the love of all that is good, include online multiplayer if there is a multiplayer portion. Just do it. Don't become the butt of any more jokes, Nintendo.

Sorry, I need to stop being so cynical. I can't wait to see what the game has in store for us. I'd totally be fine with an on-rails game. I believe that traditional controls were confirmed a while back. Someone linked me to an article a few months ago when I expressed disdain at being forced to wave the gamepad around.

TuVictus

shingi_70

It would be a shame if after hyping the game up its just a pretty on rails shooter sold for $40-$60. I was hoping more like Ace COmbat or something like Assault.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sportsfan1712

I hope it mainly has vehicle levels but it would be nice to have some on foot levels too like from assault

Sup

DefHalan

If it is closer to SF64 I will be expecting a $40 price. If it has more content, through paths or gameplay options then $60 could work. I bet it is more like 64 than any of the other games in the series. It could also add strategic elements from Command. Maybe something like the galaxy mode in Star Wars Battlefront. (I forget what the mode is actually called) I think another SF64 would just be to little of content for $60. I think we need to see a price and a statement about how much content there will be.

MsJubilee

Anyone else worried that this might get delayed as well?With little gameplay footage we seen,except a blurry screen?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

I just wish this was Rouge Squadron 4 with Star Fox characters instead.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

I wish Nintendo would announce a HD remake of Starfox Assault from GameCube. Throw in online multiplayer and the hype is real.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kkslider5552000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I just wish we had a Rogue Squadron 4.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Next Star Wars film is based on rouge sqaudren SK there's some hope.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

Sooo... what do you guys hope will happen in the story for Star Fox U? I just hope its exciting and full of tense moments but also some scenes where you can smile.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

OneBagTravel

Blast wrote:

Sooo... what do you guys hope will happen in the story for Star Fox U? I just hope its exciting and full of tense moments but also some scenes where you can smile.

I'm to the point where I don't care if the story is horrible, I just want Fox and crew to be Arwings the whole time

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Sparx

Andross tries to take over the lylat system

My avatar is from here

GrailUK

It will have action, fighting and romance. Business class!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Megas75

Blast wrote:

I just hope it it's not like Command

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

unrandomsam

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Next Star Wars film is based on rouge sqaudren SK there's some hope.

EA won't do it right even if they call it Rogue Squadron 4.

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.