Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,588

Blast

Dpishere wrote:

I have absolutely no problem trusting Miyamoto to make games after playing Pikmin 3. It was one of those games that was magical enough to remind me why I enjoy gaming, and very few games do that for me. He has my complete confidence!

Pikmin 3 is rewarding. It feels so good to find fruit and use Pikmin in clever ways. The dialogue is so cute, too. If Miyamoto was truly behind everything in that game than Starfox U should be fine.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

Who wrote the story for Pikimin 3? Miyamoto? If so then I'm really NOT worried about Starfox U.

That's not a good argument. Like was said above I love Pikmin 3 and think it's the best game I've played on the system but the story is the weak point for me. I did like the characters though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

Who wrote the story for Pikimin 3? Miyamoto? If so then I'm really NOT worried about Starfox U.

That's not a good argument. Like was said above I love Pikmin 3 and think it's the best game I've played on the system but the story is the weak point for me. I did like the characters though.

I think Pikim 3's story was fun and nice. Nothing spectacular but still fun. But just an opinion.

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

The only thing we know about the story thus far is that the presentation will be episodic and everything will done like the 60s version of Thunderbirds. It could be cool because I always thought a star fox that really jumped into the puppet look would be cool.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jariw

Blast wrote:

Dpishere wrote:

I have absolutely no problem trusting Miyamoto to make games after playing Pikmin 3. It was one of those games that was magical enough to remind me why I enjoy gaming, and very few games do that for me. He has my complete confidence!

Pikmin 3 is rewarding. It feels so good to find fruit and use Pikmin in clever ways. The dialogue is so cute, too. If Miyamoto was truly behind everything in that game than Starfox U should be fine.

Miyamoto is more focused on gameplay than story, which he has stated numerous times. But that could easily be fixed by story writers. The script for Pikmin 3 were written by Kunio Watanabe and Makoto Wada. And Pikmin 3 was directed by Shigefumi Hino and Yuji Kando. Miyamoto was the general producer. And I don't think Miyamoto works anywhere similar to Sakurai.

jariw

Blast

If Splatoon can pull of a story mode that sounds interesting then surely Miyamoto can do something fun with Starfox U's story.

Master of the Hype Train

marck13

Personally I don't expect that much more than we already know. I'm saying: Give me another quality Star Fox with the capabilities of the Wii U and a solid online function. Taaa Daaaaa I'm happy !
PS: same would apply for F-ZERO angrylookatNintendo !!

marck13

3DS Friend Code: 0619-6350-2310 | Nintendo Network ID: marck13

Blast

mch wrote:

Personally I don't expect that much more than we already know. I'm saying: Give me another quality Star Fox with the capabilities of the Wii U and a solid online function. Taaa Daaaaa I'm happy !
PS: same would apply for F-ZERO angrylookatNintendo !!

YES

Master of the Hype Train

shingi_70

I wouldn't mind seeing a handheld pikmin game before the next console title.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what is meant by controller interface? Surely if it's just finding a suitable controller then making the GC adapter widely available would fix that problem.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shingi_70

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wonder what is meant by controller interface? Surely if it's just finding a suitable controller then making the GC adapter widely available would fix that problem.

The Wii U pad seems to be pretty good controller for whatever controller methods they would want to make. I mean the screen can make whatever control HUD that could be imagined.

WAT!

cookiex

Now that it's confirmed to be playable at E3, will we see a gameplay reveal during an upcoming direct or we'll we have to wait 'til E3?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

jariw

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm sure we'll see at least a cinematic trailer before then. Gameplay, though? I wouldn't bet on it...

Why would Nintendo leave their tradition to provide gameplay trailers and start creating cinematic trailers? IMO, the Zelda trailer at E3 was an exception rather than a rule.

jariw

Blast

I got a feeling this will be one of those "you hate or really love games". I kinda think this game is facing the exact opposite issue that the PS4's The Order: 1886 is facing. People ate afraid The Order is focusing too much on telling a story and being too cinematic with little gameplay. Starfox U has people afraid because they want an actual good story and playing out cinematic scenes during gameplay without a true cutscene is kinda worrying.

Master of the Hype Train

CanisWolfred

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm sure we'll see at least a cinematic trailer before then. Gameplay, though? I wouldn't bet on it...

Why would Nintendo leave their tradition to provide gameplay trailers and start creating cinematic trailers? IMO, the Zelda trailer at E3 was an exception rather than a rule.

The second X trailer was a cinematic trailer. Most early Smash Bros. trailers also showed very little if any gameplay. In fact, they've done quite a few cinematic trailers before. What are you talking about?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jariw

CanisWolfred wrote:

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The second X trailer was a cinematic trailer. Most early Smash Bros. trailers also showed very little if any gameplay. In fact, they've done quite a few cinematic trailers before. What are you talking about?

Star Fox isn't big scope games like Zelda or X, and it's not in early development anymore. I'm talking about more comparable-sized games to Star Fox: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad, 3D World, Splatoon, etc.

jariw

DefHalan

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Star Fox isn't big scope games like Zelda or X, and it's not in early development anymore. I'm talking about more comparable-sized games to Star Fox: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yoshi's Wooly World, Captain Toad, 3D World, Splatoon, etc.

Sounds amazing

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

jariw wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I still wouldn't call it "tradition" since you're only talking about recent games...anyways, I said "I wouldn't bet on it". I'm not in the habit of betting on things, so take that for what you will.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Blast wrote:

I got a feeling this will be one of those "you hate or really love games". I kinda think this game is facing the exact opposite issue that the PS4's The Order: 1886 is facing. People ate afraid The Order is focusing too much on telling a story and being too cinematic with little gameplay. Starfox U has people afraid because they want an actual good story and playing out cinematic scenes during gameplay without a true cutscene is kinda worrying.

I just don't want Miyamoto to force an unconventional control mechanic down our throughs because "UUUURRR IT'S INNOVATIVE!!"
After an entire generation where motion control either worked very well or ruined an entire game for me, I just want some traditional arcade shooting Star-Fox. I love Miyamoto and I'm sure he knows what he's doing but the fact that he keeps promoting the controls as unique and cinematic have me a tad worried.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.