Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,588

kkslider5552000

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I actually put Star Fox as my least favorite Nintendo franchise (played the SNES and N64 versions, and I did not like them at all)

I don't want your opinion to be relevant to this game then, quite frankly. While there's no way it will be JUST a rail shooter (which let's be honest, makes it only as linear as most modern shooters anyway, maybe even less linear with the multiple paths :V), avoiding being a rail shooter has always been a terrible idea for the series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DefHalan

crimsoncavalier wrote:

[

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't mind the proposed new controls, with the two screens, or the extremely steep learning curve. I'm ok with those things. What I won't be ok with is if it's on rails. I want full-on space dog-fights, with epic scenery in the background. Make it feel just like Rogue Squadron.

I actually put Star Fox as my least favorite Nintendo franchise (played the SNES and N64 versions, and I did not like them at all), but I could be brought back around with a really stellar space adventure.

You should try out Assault and Command, those are actually my two favorite Star Fox games. They aren't AAA masterpieces but they are still fantastic games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

NintyMan wrote:

Miyamoto in an interview with AP:

"I like to create gameplay mechanics more than I do stories. The story might not be too different from past “Star Fox” games, but the gameplay mechanics are going to feel very different because of the two-screen system of the Wii U with the GamePad and TV screen. It’ll make for a very fun and unique way to play."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/miyamoto-amiibo...

And I like playing those mechanics more than I like watching the stories. I'm really looking forward to the end result.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Henmii

I am really sceptical about this new Starfox! Last E3 Nintendo only showed 1 (or so) blurry second of a simple Demo, and now we have to believe that the game is so far in production that it will be released 2015?! Either they worked miracles with a very talented team, or they just release a mediocre remake with a few Gamepad bells and whistles. Only so Nintendo can say: But we did release a Starfox...
That, plus I don't have much faith in Miyamoto anymore.

My advice: Keep your anticipation in tow (on a side-note: The much to late arriving Pikmin 3 was received pretty well by the fans)!

By the way: Should Nintendo keep the cheap, plastic look of Starfox (first established in Starfox Command, but also seen in Super smash Brawl and Super smash Wii u/3DS) or come up with a different style? Personally I would like a new, better look!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

retropunky

Assault was a great game, I'm not sure why people dismiss it.

It's just the little things that were taken away that got to me personally, but it was rather enjoyable.

If it needs to be a rail shooter, I wouldn't mind. They should return those "warp zones" and different paths like the 64 version.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

DefHalan

Henmii wrote:

I am really sceptical about this new Starfox! Last E3 Nintendo only showed 1 (or so) blurry second of a simple Demo, and now we have to believe that the game is so far in production that it will be released 2015?! Either they worked miracles with a very talented team, or they just release a mediocre remake with a few Gamepad bells and whistles. Only so Nintendo can say: But we did release a Starfox...
That, plus I don't have much faith in Miyamoto anymore.

My advice: Keep your anticipation in tow (on a side-note: The much to late arriving Pikmin 3 was received pretty well by the fans)!

Well at E3 2014 we also saw a video from the new Zelda game that could have not actually represented the game's graphics (like what always happens to Sony) but a few Months later we are shown actual Gameplay running on a Wii U from the game.

Also I am not sure why you would have lost faith in Miyamoto, he makes great games.

Henmii

Aonuma said that the Zelda E3 2014 footage was real-time. And if you look at the new footage there doesn't seem to be that much difference, quality wise. Besides, what we have seen of Zelda so far is much more (and much, MUCH better) then Starfox!

Why I have lost faith in Miyamoto? Because he's the man behind: Let's make it more casual. Let's make it more lineair. Let's add more handholding. All the stuff we DON'T want! I just feel that it is primarily Aonuma that wants to aim for more freedom in Zelda. Miyamoto probably shudders at the thought! Besides, if Miyamoto was Nintendo's boss, then we would only see Mario games. He's super Mario focussed. And what did he do the past few years (besides supervising on different projects, wich is also important)? Pikmin 3 (wich arrived far to late), and a few very weak E3 demo's! I know I am in the far minority, but I do not expect some new, mindblowing games from him anymore! His high-days are loooooong over!

Henmii

kkslider5552000

Henmii wrote:

Why I have lost faith in Miyamoto? Because he's the man behind: Let's make it more casual. Let's make it more lineair. Let's add more handholding. All the stuff we DON'T want! I just feel that it is primarily Aonuma that wants to aim for more freedom in Zelda. Miyamoto probably shudders at the thought! Besides, if Miyamoto was Nintendo's boss, then we would only see Mario games. He's super Mario focussed. And what did he do the past few years (besides supervising on different projects, wich is also important)? Pikmin 3 (wich arrived far to late), and a few very weak E3 demo's! I know I am in the far minority, but I do not expect some new, mindblowing games from him anymore! His high-days are loooooong over!

It's hilarious how everything you said was wrong, Let's count the ways, children!

1. Of course he made casual games for a while...it was the Wii era and everyone did this, and it helped LITERALLY MAKE NINTENDO MORE SUCCESSFUL. If you want to criticize Miyamoto, than do so about his willingness to immediately go with whatever the company wants at the time (which is an arguable point since Miyamoto has never seemed sad or regretful that he made games like Nintendogs and Wii Music, but at least comes from some sort of logic).
2. Even ignoring early games, he made the first Pikmin, which basically existed to frustrate the small children it was made for (which is why the sequels are more forgiving)
3. Skyward Sword had the least Miyamoto involvement of any 3D Zelda. And Aonuma basically admitted that he regretted the decision to make these decisions and wanted to change things for ALBW, a game that is basically a love letter to Miyamoto's game.
4. Miyamoto hasn't had any real influence in Mario games since Galaxy 2, outside of maybe Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
5. Pikmin 3 arrived too late because they wanted the game to be good. Also Pikmin at launch wouldn't have made a real difference to anyone

So 1 lie per line, that's decently impressive.

DefHalan

Henmii wrote:

Aonuma said that the Zelda E3 2014 footage was real-time. And if you look at the new footage there doesn't seem to be that much difference, quality wise. Besides, what we have seen of Zelda so far is much more (and much, MUCH better) then Starfox!

I have a completely different view of him. Basically take all your points about Miyamoto and reverse them and that is how I think of him. Amazing how two people can have such different views on the same subject (or person, as in this case)

jariw

Henmii wrote:

Besides, if Miyamoto was Nintendo's boss, then we would only see Mario games.

Miyamoto was the driving force behind the project with young people at EAD Kyoto 2, that later became known as "Splatoon". He was the one who told the EAD Tokyo 2 (or 3) to make "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker". He made "Pikmin 3". He created the Zelda franchise. And so on.

jariw

Henmii

"It's hilarious how everything you said was wrong"

In your opinion...

"Miyamoto was the driving force behind the project with young people at EAD Kyoto 2, that later became known as "Splatoon""

No, I don't think that Miyamoto had initially much to do with Splatoon. It really came from the young minds.

"He was the one who told the EAD Tokyo 2 (or 3) to make "Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker""

Yes, but the idea of the whole concept came from someone else.

I just think people's minds are clouded, because he did make great stuff back in the day. But if you are really honest to yourself, you see that his best days are behind us. But I respect anyone's opinion. I'll keep it at that, it's a discussion I can never win.

"So 1 lie per line, that's decently impressive"

So you call me a liar? I guess you are really proud of yourself! "shakes head" His reaction probably said enough. I'll keep it at that!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

kkslider5552000

Except most of what you said is factually untrue or at the very least has no source to back it up. In fact, half of it has proof pointing to the exact opposite.

I mean, I could blame Peter Molyneux for the direction of the upcoming Fable game, but I don't think I would get far with that argument because Peter Molyneux no longer works at the company that is making the newest Fable.

Henmii

Not in the mood to search for sources at the moment, just don't call me a liar.

"I mean, I could blame Peter Molyneux for the direction of the upcoming Fable game, but I don't think I would get far with that argument because Peter Molyneux no longer works at the company that is making the newest Fable"

That is certainly true.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Henmii

That's your opinion. Ok, I definitely stop here. We are going in circles.

Henmii

Blast

While I am sorta disappointed that Starfox U's story might be incredibly similar to old Starfox games... Its okay cuz Super Mario 3D World had the same old but it was very fun to play. So I still trust Miyamoto.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

While I am sorta disappointed that Starfox U's story might be incredibly similar to old Starfox games... Its okay cuz Super Mario 3D World had the same old but it was very fun to play. So I still trust Miyamoto.

In Miyamoto we trust

kkslider5552000

tbh, I felt only the first 2 games really had a similar story. Like, Adventures obviously had little to do with the old games, Assault had this dark new enemy and a lot of death and being taking over and sacrifice trying to stop the invaders, and Command had a ton of paths and stories and side stories and multiple endings and drama etc etc. Honestly, I remember Command in particular having way better storytelling than the game arguably had any right to.

Blast

Who wrote the story for Pikimin 3? Miyamoto? If so then I'm really NOT worried about Starfox U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dpishere

I have absolutely no problem trusting Miyamoto to make games after playing Pikmin 3. It was one of those games that was magical enough to remind me why I enjoy gaming, and very few games do that for me. He has my complete confidence!

Super Mario Maker 2 Levels:

A Frolic through the Forest
M5T-48G-5XF

The Trials of the Haunted House
4VR-6KC-Q1G

Platforming Peril
LCS-S3G-XQG

3DS Friend Code: 2251-6206-1680 | Nintendo Network ID: Dpishere

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.