Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,588

Spoony_Tech

If this was just like the Rouge Squadron series (but not so much like the 3rd) I would be in heaven! Just slap the title Rouge Squadron 4 on and I'm happy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan wrote:

I don't think Star Fox is going to be a cheap title. With Captain Toad most of the assets were already made for 3D World. Star Fox probably will be full priced. (Maybe I am just hoping it will, I am at leasthoping for more content than 64)

From the sounds of it, the game may just hit the nice balance of AA. Not as simple as to be $40, but just enough to warrant paying $50 for. By the way, do we know if the game is digital only, or both physical and digital?

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

conman2012

Please give us some good space combat.

My space combat history invovles massive enjoyment of X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Privateer 2 The Darkening. I also spend most of my Wii U time off screen. Give me some cool ships, cool battles, cool missions, and I will look past the funny animal heads. This could become my favorite Wii U game, if done right. Looking forward to the direct!

conman2012

shingi_70

conman2012 wrote:

My space combat history invovles massive enjoyment of X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Privateer 2 The Darkening. I also spend most of my Wii U time off screen. Give me some cool ships, cool battles, cool missions, and I will look past the funny animal heads. This could become my favorite Wii U game, if done right. Looking forward to the direct!

what's wrong with fury animal heads?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

I trust Miyamoto. I think he knows what he's doing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Socar

@Blast of course he knows what he's doing! He's the one that ignored taking advice from those who were stuck in the Legend of Zelda and the game became a success.

The real problem is how Nintendo can deal with games without him......

We still haven't seen any footage of Star Fox U yet haven't we?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

shingi_70

But Wii Music is a thing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

So is DriveClub and AC: Unity Hahaha I'm joking.

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

So what you're saying is that this game will sell several million copies? That works for me!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

Nintendo will be fine without Miyamoto. Nobody wants to talk about it, because he's a legend, but Nintendo has surely been preparing for his retirement for years. Miyamoto himself has been personally taking young developers under his wing to teach them his design philosophy, the team of Splatoon in particular.

Personally, I'm more worried about the guy who takes over for Iwata.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

SpookyMeths wrote:

Nintendo will be fine without Miyamoto. Nobody wants to talk about it, because he's a legend, but Nintendo has surely been preparing for his retirement for years. Miyamoto himself has been personally taking young developers under his wing to teach them his design philosophy, the team of Splatoon in particular.

Do you like Iwata? I like Iwata. When Nintendo's E3 showed him and Reggie fighting and goofing off
.. All I could do was smile. I hope the next guy or woman after Iwata just has a good time while taking care of business.

Master of the Hype Train

Socar

@SpookyMeths

maybe so but then who's going to be the directors of Mario, Zelda, Star Fox and F-Zero? Atleast Donkey Kong and Metroid clearly has Nintendo's side.

As for Star Fox U, I'm pretty sure this game will have decent content since this is on a console. What I'm more concerned about is that if this game doesn't do well, It'll be on hiatus like Metroid......

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Do you like Iwata? I like Iwata. When Nintendo's E3 showed him and Reggie fighting and goofing off
.. All I could do was smile. I hope the next guy or woman after Iwata just has a good time while taking care of business.

I don't agree with much of what he does, but what I admire is his dedication to Nintendo as a brand and to its longevity. There's a vocal minority among shareholders that Nintendo should be going multiplat, or worse, mobile, and Iwata has stood his ground. I worry that those who share his opinion on Nintendo's future as a company are short in supply, though my worries could be unfounded.

Artwark wrote:

maybe so but then who's going to be the directors of Mario, Zelda, Star Fox and F-Zero? Atleast Donkey Kong and Metroid clearly has Nintendo's side.

Miyamoto hasn't directed a Zelda game for nearly 20 years. That series is in the very capable hands of Aonuma.

Mario can be left to the very capable hands of Yoshiaki Koizumi, the guy who directed Sunshine and Galaxy and produced Galaxy 2, 3D Land, and 3D World. Read some of his design philosophy and interviews. He's a very interesting developer, with a ton of influence from both Miyamoto and his background as a filmmaker.

I consider both Star Fox and F-Zero to be "B" Nintendo franchises and they may even be better outsourced to a proven, reputable studio and produced by one of Nintendo SPDs many talented staff. I'd be fine with Sega doing another F-Zero game. GX is still one of the best arcade racers of all time. And there's still the dream of a Platinum Star Fox.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

NinjaWaddleDee

Yeah, I would rate their franchises like so:

AAA:

• 3D Mario
  • 3D Zelda
  • Pokémon
  • Metroid (when they are actually MAKING it. )
  • Pikmin

AA:

• Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Yoshi
  • 2D Mario
  • 2D Zelda
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario RPGs (both Paper and M&L)

B:

• F-Zero
  • Star Fox
  • Mario Spinoffs
  • Pokémon Spinoffs
  • Animal Crossing

C:

• Wii Sports
  • Wii Fit
  • Wario Ware
  • Rhythm Heaven

Did I miss anything? So which of these do you think could be outsourced. Like SpookyMeths said, probably Star Fox and F-Zero could be given to Platinum or Sega. Also Metroid and DK can be done by Retro, or a different but capable developer. Pokémon and Mario spinoffs are already done by everybody. As for the rest, I'm not quite sure. F-Zero and Star Fox could totally rise to the rank of AA if Nintendo produced them more often.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Spoony_Tech

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Yeah, I would rate their franchises like so:

AAA:

• 3D Mario
  • 3D Zelda
  • Pokémon
  • Metroid (when they are actually MAKING it. )
  • Pikmin

AA:

• Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Yoshi
  • 2D Mario
  • 2D Zelda
  • Fire Emblem
  • Mario RPGs (both Paper and M&L)

B:

• F-Zero
  • Star Fox
  • Mario Spinoffs
  • Pokémon Spinoffs
  • Animal Crossing

C:

• Wii Sports
  • Wii Fit
  • Wario Ware
  • Rhythm Heaven

Did I miss anything? So which of these do you think could be outsourced. Like SpookyMeths said, probably Star Fox and F-Zero could be given to Platinum or Sega. Also Metroid and DK can be done by Retro, or a different but capable developer. Pokémon and Mario spinoffs are already done by everybody. As for the rest, I'm not quite sure. F-Zero and Star Fox could totally rise to the rank of AA if Nintendo produced them more often.

Pikmin is B at Best, just look at sales, also the 2d Mario's sell better then the 3d ones so you can move that up but drop Metroid as well. If they considered that AAA then we would've heard about one being made over a year ago. If you ask me the only ones Nintendo treats as AAA are Mario and Pokemon. It's like we see those 2 franchises once a year. I do also think Zelda is AAA if only because they try to handle that with care.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

AAA is determined by budget and marketing, not sales.

The only IPs that Nintendo has that I would consider AAA are 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash. Maybe Pokemon, but I dunno how much those games actually cost to make. 2D Mario sells like bananas, but they can't be that expensive and Nintendo always kinda just tosses them out like "hey, here's the new 2D Mario, and that's all we have to say about that because we know that you're gonna buy like 10 million copies of it anyway."

Edited on by CaviarMeths

NinjaWaddleDee

SpookyMeths wrote:

AAA is determined by budget and marketing, not sales.

The only IPs that Nintendo has that I would consider AAA are 3D Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, and Smash. Maybe Pokemon, but I dunno how much those games actually cost to make. 2D Mario sells like bananas, but they can't be that expensive and Nintendo always kinda just tosses them out like "hey, here's the new 2D Mario, and that's all we have to say about that because we know that you're gonna buy like 10 million copies of it anyway."

Well, the only reason I put things in certain places, is based on a budgeting standpoint. Metroid may not be as "popular" as Mario, Pokémon, or Zelda, but the games have a LOT of work put in to them, the same amount as any big Mario or Zelda game. Just look at the Prime games! Just brilliant. Pikmin also seems to have a lot of work put into it, as well as advertising.

CaviarMeths

Ok, maybe Metroid too. Love it or hate it, Other M had good production values and a very visible marketing campaign.

crimsoncavalier

conman2012 wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't mind the proposed new controls, with the two screens, or the extremely steep learning curve. I'm ok with those things. What I won't be ok with is if it's on rails. I want full-on space dog-fights, with epic scenery in the background. Make it feel just like Rogue Squadron.

I actually put Star Fox as my least favorite Nintendo franchise (played the SNES and N64 versions, and I did not like them at all), but I could be brought back around with a really stellar space adventure.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

conman2012

crimsoncavalier wrote:

conman2012 wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I don't mind the proposed new controls, with the two screens, or the extremely steep learning curve. I'm ok with those things. What I won't be ok with is if it's on rails. I want full-on space dog-fights, with epic scenery in the background. Make it feel just like Rogue Squadron.

I actually put Star Fox as my least favorite Nintendo franchise (played the SNES and N64 versions, and I did not like them at all), but I could be brought back around with a really stellar space adventure.

We think along the same lines. If it were just an "on rails" shooter it would not be the game for me.

conman2012

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.