Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 701 to 720 of 14,636

Haiassai

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

i have a feeling these questions were probably answered earlier in this thread, but... it seems too daunting to go through 690+ posts. SO APOLOGIES OF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED, but I have a few questions...

1. This game focuses greatly on online multiplayer, which is rad, but will there be much support for local multiplayer? (It seems not, seeing how prominent the use of the gamepad is)

2. Will online multiplayer only be against either strangers or only friends? Or can you mix and match?

3. Is there support for LAN?

Bump

1. I don't think there will be local, because, like you said, the map.
2. I think mix. Plus, there will be leaderboards/rankings like in Mario Kart 8.
3. I have no idea. Is LAN even a thing with the Wii U?

1. Blargh, but no surprise. The saddest part is that most of my friends do not own a Wii U.
2. Were you able to play with friends and strangers on MK8? Huh.
3. It isn't... yet I mean, if people could play with friends and strangers, there would be little to no need for LAN.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Haiassai

Bolt_Strike wrote:

There is a local multiplayer, but because only one player can use the Gamepad it's limited. The developers describe it as "Quiet Mode" and it's going to be more stealth oriented:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Splatoon-Offline-Multiplayer...

Huh, okay. I remember something vague like this back around when the game was first announced. However, they haven't said anything on local multiplayer, have they? :/

Haiassai

Haiassai

IceClimbers wrote:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/249710-nintendo-invites-playboy-p...

Looks like Playboy was invited to the media preview event.

I am still surprised that Nintendo invites and advertises with Playboy. It's such an odd combination. I mean, to an extent, I get it (especially with Bayonetta). I am curious what percentage of viewers from Playboy actually jump over...

Plus, they first girl didn't get the idea of the game. You aren't supposed to just kill peeps, but paint the territory >:T

Haiassai

CaviarMeths

Lol, I was going to link the video, which itself is SFW, but I didn't think posting a link to playboy.com would be appropriate...

Erik sure seems like he's used to being interviewed by models!

As for why, it was a press event that NoA invited a lot of people to. Playboy isn't just your dad's nudie mag. They have a gaming section and report on this kind of stuff all the time. Reading Playboy "for the articles" is an old joke, but it's actually pretty accurate.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haiassai

CaviarMeths wrote:

Lol, I was going to link the video, which itself is SFW, but I didn't think posting a link to playboy.com would be appropriate...

Erik sure seems like he's used to being interviewed by models!

As for why, it was a press event that NoA invited a lot of people to. Playboy isn't just your dad's nudie mag. They have a gaming section and report on this kind of stuff all the time. Reading Playboy "for the articles" is an old joke, but it's actually pretty accurate.

Oh I know a lot of people were invited. If this were the only thing I've known NoA to have worked with PLayboy on (pardon my terrible grammar), then it'd make sense. This in conjunction with Bayonetta (which was much more exclusive) is a bit different though. As far as it being more than a nudie mag, yeah—I'm aware of that. However, it's the persona and connotation that comes with it. Maybe it's a joint effort... Playboy trying to widen its atmosphere by showcasing Nintendo stuff while NoA trying to get a wider audience for the Wii U as well.

Haiassai

CaviarMeths

They reviewed Majora's Mask 3D too. It's pretty cheesy and brief, but seems genuine enough.

What's in it for Playboy? Well... going from 5.5 million to 21.6 million unique readership in 6 months is a good start.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

Haiassai wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

There is a local multiplayer, but because only one player can use the Gamepad it's limited. The developers describe it as "Quiet Mode" and it's going to be more stealth oriented:

Huh, okay. I remember something vague like this back around when the game was first announced. However, they haven't said anything on local multiplayer, have they? :/

At the press event, they were only allowed to play specific parts of Splatoon. The turf battle arenas can be played as 1 vs. 1 duels, which was also mentioned briefly in a tweet:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/107419139549/this-just-in-o...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Bolt_Strike

jariw wrote:

Haiassai wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

At the press event, they were only allowed to play specific parts of Splatoon. The turf battle arenas can be played as 1 vs. 1 duels, which was also mentioned briefly in a tweet:

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/107419139549/this-just-in-o...

Yeah, there's way more to the multiplayer than what was shown, and probably more than what we even know. The fact that they have turf war and splat zones split up into two entirely different categories implies that there's more multiplayer modes to be revealed.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

luisesteban

Haiassai wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I am still surprised that Nintendo invites and advertises with Playboy. It's such an odd combination. I mean, to an extent, I get it (especially with Bayonetta). I am curious what percentage of viewers from Playboy actually jump over...

Well, actually the girl from the video is the same that made the cosplay for Bayonetta.

luisesteban

Dezzy

So does anyone know what the deal with local multiplayer is going to be? Why aren't they doing splitscreen?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

MegaMari0

maybe too many features rely on the gamepad to allow splitscreen fairly.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

AlexOlney

Having played a later build it seems unlikely that the Wii U would be able to process more than two players at any one time. It's seamless online, but I feel that a single console would struggle to sustain local multiplayer beyond the elusive 1v1 mode.

AlexOlney

Twitter:

Octane

Dezzy wrote:

So does anyone know what the deal with local multiplayer is going to be? Why aren't they doing splitscreen?

I think it's for the same reason why the GamePad is the only controller option. The touchscreen is apparently a vital aspect of the game.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

That's awesome!They should do that with the new Zelda,or better yet get one of the lovely ladies to dress up as Link let's see how that will go down.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Octane

So after some Ranked Mode: Splat Zone footage, I have to say, I really like how the timer works in that mode. It should prevent people from quitting early on, as the match is never lost completely.

Octane

SomeBitTripFan

For anyone that's played the game, what do y'all think of this map?
Untitled
To be honest, this one concerns me. Taking control of the top, a large amount of territory, gives the winning team a height advantage. I can't say I understand everything about this map, but by the looks of it, it gives the winning team a significant advantage.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic