Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 14,636

Inkling

Also, does this game support the Classic Controller for the Battle Dojo?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

ZuneTattooGuy

Yes it supports the classic controller, and the Wii U Pro Controller

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

ZuneTattooGuy

stinky_t wrote:

Whatever there is, I loved the testfires, and I'm glad that I pre-ordered this superb game.

I pre-purchased this game digitally before the first testfire. I just had this gut feeling I would love the game, and I wasn't mistaken.

skywake

The more I've played the game the more balanced it feels. One of the best victories I had was in a team of splattershots vs 3 rollers and a charger. Because the people I was playing with seemed to know how to do well. In the same vein I've found that moving as quickly as you can into the map (or towards your opponents) is one of the better strategies. Especially if you can do it with some stealth. Something which the roller isn't particularly good at....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

GTWarrior77

A quick question to those who are buying Splatoon through the eshop. If I purchase it before launch, will I be able to download it but not play it or do I have to wait till the 29th to download? Would like to do the download beforehand and only activate on day of release if possible.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

ZuneTattooGuy

GTWarrior77 wrote:

A quick question to those who are buying Splatoon through the eshop. If I purchase it before launch, will I be able to download it but not play it or do I have to wait till the 29th to download? Would like to do the download beforehand and only activate on day of release if possible.

It pre-downloads, but when you attempt to launch it the game looks for a day one update then says game can't open because it's not released yet.

GTWarrior77

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

It pre-downloads, but when you attempt to launch it the game looks for a day one update then says game can't open because it's not released yet.

Thanks, much appeciated.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

ZuneTattooGuy

GTWarrior77 wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

Thanks, much appeciated.

No problem believe me I check everyday hoping Nintendo just opens it lol but I know I will have to wait until the 29th lol

spizzamarozzi

Anyway this testfire brought out another dark side of the gaming community: parents/gamers getting mad at Nintendo and threatening them to have lost a sale because they and their kids couldn't play Splatoon for the promised hour. I don't mean to offend any parents that looked forward to this opportunity to play a brand new game with their kids, I think that's pretty cool parenting actually, but the over-reactions I've read here and there are just ridiculous.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Octane

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Anyway this testfire brought out another dark side of the gaming community: parents/gamers getting mad at Nintendo and threatening them to have lost a sale because they and their kids couldn't play Splatoon for the promised hour. I don't mean to offend any parents that looked forward to this opportunity to play a brand new game with their kids, I think that's pretty cool parenting actually, but the over-reactions I've read here and there are just ridiculous.

Yeah, I wasn't home yesterday, so I wasn't there when the servers stopped working. However, after reading what happened, I really don't get it. After all this was a test to see how their servers would handle the traffic. I mean, that's a good thing, so that we're ensured of little to no problems once the game releases. But no, people still complain...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Aaron0507

I made an account just to say this:

There is absolutely NO WAY I will spend money on this game without wiimote aiming compatability. It is INEXCUSABLE for a SHOOTER on a WII SYSTEM to not use the BEST aiming controls ever made.

Furthermore, give me one good reason to shell out 60 dollars for a game that won't even allow me to bring a friend online as a teamate using our shared console. This is absurd.

I was hyped for this game. Waited an hour to get into a game today and it was fun, but give me a break. I am disappointed and to be honest, embarrassed for Nintendo. How can they be so consistently shortsighted?

I sincerely wish that some other company made all of my favorite games so I wouldn't have to be let down TIME after TIME.

Aaron0507

Kaze_Memaryu

@spizzamarozzi I fully agree. And I'm also pleasantly surprised how many parents wanted to experience the Testfire together with their kids (or at least claimed to). But yeah, cancelling a preorder just because a demo didn't go their way is pretty questionable. But eh, means higher chances for me to snag an Inkling amiibo!

@Aaron0507 I don't know what you expect. The WiiU's standard controller is the GamePad, not the WiiMote. Furthermore, the GamePad is an irreplacable asset for online multiplayer due to super-jumping, as well as certain superweapons requiring the map to aim at a specific point. The WiiMote option would only work as a singleplayer tool, where the map isn't used for these sub-mechanics.
Also, how can you demand a two-player online mode when you can't even buy a second GamePad? The aforementioned features would be extremely clunky with any controller that isn't a GamePad. Besides, no shooter in existence has a splitscreen multiplayer that also featured good online functionality, so your demand is kinda cheap. Trade controllers with your friend, or get a second console, like you'd have to for every other online game on a console.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Datasun_7

@Aaron0507 I have seen this complaint a countless number of times recently, basically it comes down to having a disadvantage online if you weren't using the gamepad, being able to view the map with ink in real-time, being able to super-jump, placing ink-strike locations, etc. Obviously there are ways around these issues but ultimately you would still be disadvantaged. I think its a little absurd to not buy this game over not having motion control support when the main controller has motion-control options. But yeah thats just my two-cents. And obviously it does not support two players from the same Wii U because the console does not have dual gamepad support yet (If it ever will haha).
It does seem weird that the gamepad is the only control scheme for single player though.

Edit: Was beaten too it

Edited on by Datasun_7

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

spizzamarozzi

with all the games in existence, you'd think people had something better to do than go online and list all their microscopic reason for NOT getting one of them.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

ZuneTattooGuy

Aaron0507 wrote:

There is absolutely NO WAY I will spend money on this game without wiimote aiming compatability. It is INEXCUSABLE for a SHOOTER on a WII SYSTEM to not use the BEST aiming controls ever made.

Furthermore, give me one good reason to shell out 60 dollars for a game that won't even allow me to bring a friend online as a teamate using our shared console. This is absurd.

I was hyped for this game. Waited an hour to get into a game today and it was fun, but give me a break. I am disappointed and to be honest, embarrassed for Nintendo. How can they be so consistently shortsighted?

I sincerely wish that some other company made all of my favorite games so I wouldn't have to be let down TIME after TIME.

Your entire statement is one of the main reasons I am happy there is no voice chat option. The matches are 3 mins in length (for Turf Wars) can't you simple hand the gamepad back in forth?

jariw

Aaron0507 wrote:

All these things (except the price) have been known since E3 11 months ago, so you're basically just trolling. Why not try to focus on what a game IS, instead of what a game ISN'T?

The Wiimote+Nunchuck is great for aiming, as long as you just need to move along 2 axis. Splatoon requires fluent movement in all 3 axis (X, Y, Z) using the twin sticks. The standard configuration for Splatoon then uses the gyro to perform fast accurate aiming adjustments (although that can be turned off).

jariw

OorWullie

I only managed to get the last half our of the extended Test Fire but the few games I got in were definitely the most enjoyable so far.The motion and right stick combo felt really great and natural to me where as during the first couple of Test Fires I was really struggling with it,so much so I turned motion off for the 3rd and done considerably better.Last night though the combo immediately clicked and I can't see me playing it any other way now.Hugely looking forward to this.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

LaserdiscGal

Amiibo 3 pack just went in stock, was out of stock within the thirty seconds it took me to load the page.

And people wonder why I changed my name.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic