Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 14,636

Jacob717

Did anyone notice any Mario Kart 8 type lag? In one match I saw someone sliding all over the place, their feet weren't moving.

EDIT: Someone was disappearing and reappearing too.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Undead_terror

Jason723 wrote:

Did anyone notice any Mario Kart 8 type lag? In one match I saw someone sliding all over the place, their feet weren't moving.

No but there was a bit of lag in my last match, I would try to cover some turf and other ink but it wouldn't get covered until a few moments later, after that it worked fine.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Budda

Yea. It was lagging like pretty much all the time.
Killed someone, 1-2 seconds later the game register it. All the time.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

spizzamarozzi

Worked well for me - zero lag, and a new match would start just seconds after I had finished the previous one.
I missed the first testfire because my TV was broken and I'm glad I got the chance to play it today - it is exactly how I wanted it to be - it's very fun. I've had a good number of matches, more than 10 probably, and lost more times that I'd like to admit.

The only thing I struggled with - sometimes I had trouble telling if a character was an ally or an enemy, because they all wear the same t-shirt, and the only way you can tell is by the hair/ears and the paint they splat. Maybe it was just me not paying enough attention but a couple of times I got fooled...and splattered.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Azooooz

My review of this testfire: IT"S GREAT!!! Despite the server meltdown, Nintendo made up their mistake by extending it by an hour. The matches worked with almost no lag.

Weapons I used in this testfire were Splat Charger and Splat Roller. Splat Roller is pretty much explained by many players here. However, I'll have to tell you about my experience with Splat Charger. Don't turn off the motion controls if you want to use this weapon. If you are at higher places, then you will gain an advantage of killing opponents with one sot without engaging yourself in the firing zone.

And finally, I'll see you in full version of the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

moomoo

Gonna be honest, after the testfire, I'm not buying this game. I just didn't get it. My team won every single match and I was at the top of my team nearly every time. I felt nothing whenever we won, or whenever I killed players. Matches also feel way to short, and maps a bit too small.

I mean, the game seems to run well, but I didn't find a whole lot of depth to it all, especially compared to other 3rd person shooters like Gears of War. Splatoon to 3rd person shooters feels like the equivalent of Kirby to platformers. Too simple for my tastes.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

cookiex

I encountered next to no lag from what I could tell, but then again I have a very strong internet connection (fiber cable yo).

After today I'll probably stop using the Splat charger. Even with the auto-lock I suck at aiming with that thing.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Azooooz

moomoo wrote:

Gonna be honest, after the testfire, I'm not buying this game. I just didn't get it. My team won every single match and I was at the top of my team nearly every time. I felt nothing whenever we won, or whenever I killed players. Matches also feel way to short, and maps a bit too small.

I mean, the game seems to run well, but I didn't find a whole lot of depth to it all, especially compared to other 3rd person shooters like Gears of War. Splatoon to 3rd person shooters feels like the equivalent of Kirby to platformers. Too simple for my tastes.

In the full game, you'll be rewarded by how well do you perform. Your hard earned points can be used to purchase weapons, accessories, ad abilities for your Inkling.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

LaserdiscGal

Glad that the technical issues happened, otherwise I would have missed the Test Fire.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

cloudrunner64

Yeah. Enjoyed it for a while then just got bored. The only thing that would have sold me on this game is if it was local 4 player co op.
Now that the hour is over, lets get back to Mariokart!

PSN cloud_runner64

moomoo

Azooooz wrote:

moomoo wrote:

In the full game, you'll be rewarded by how well do you perform. Your hard earned points can be used to purchase weapons, accessories, ad abilities for your Inkling.

That's nice and all, but I think the core problem for me is that I just didn't find it fun. I felt bored about 30 minutes into the testfire. Sucks too, because I'd love to like it. At least most of the people who have played it seem to enjoy it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

luisesteban

Peach64 wrote:

I wonder if they saw it went so well last time, they tried reducing the servers this time to see if they could save money when the game launches. We have to remember, this was a test on their servers, for Nintendo's benefit, and not really for ours.

I was wondering the same thing.

luisesteban

MegaMari0

I spent the majority of the time switching matches and such, testing the camera sensitivity after turning Motion controls off. In the end, the default sensitivity was perfect for me. Splattershot and roller are my go to weapons. though I might have to lower the sensitivity for splattershot. I did enjoy it.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Captain_Toad

Heh, consider me Ink-pressed. This testfire was pretty fun ever after I wasn't in total grips with the controls. I can probably see how voice chat MAY be surfrouous, (Heh, doesn't hurt for it to be an option tho) since the environment is in constant flux instead of being stagant. (lt'll probably depend on what mode goes on and maybe with more time with this)and the amount of stuff you're getting at launch (but why do I care im just borrowing my cousin's Wiiu)but hey, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I CALL SPLATTERSHOT!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

GTWarrior77

moomoo wrote:

It either grabs you or it doesn't. For instance, I had more fun with Splatoon's testfire than when I played Super Mario 3D World for the first time. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Day 1 purchase for me though.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

jariw

moomoo wrote:

You are aware that the Turf War mode that you played in the demo is the "casual" online mode? The Ranked Battles is where the competitive modes are.

jariw

GrailUK

I used to play World of Warcraft mainly for the Battlegrounds. There was a huge uproar when Russian groups were merged with European ones. "We cannot pronounce there names.", "How are we meant to do tactics." and most anti social of all "They cheat". It really is an ugly side of gaming. Last night was my first time on Splatoon and I am glad this was not an issue. Even if it is to a sad minority of people, it is kept out of my face so I can ignore it. I loved the game, although I didn't get much chance to get used to aiming. So if you happened to be on my team in any of the 3 matches I played...... then I am very sorry lol

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ZuneTattooGuy

moomoo wrote:

You are aware there will be more maps, game modes, weapons and even a single player mode

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

Inkling

So, I splatted the whole of the tutorial map.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

stinky_t

Whatever there is, I loved the testfires, and I'm glad that I pre-ordered this superb game.

stinky_t

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic