Wii U Forum

Topic: Reasons why you love/like the Wii U (an actual positive Wii U thread)

Showing 41 to 60 of 177

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

41. Posted:

It makes me laugh :)

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VolcanoFlamesNL

42. Posted:

I live in Nigeria, so I told my bro to buy it for us. At first, it was sold out. But later he told us he brought it, and I was pratically jumping around.
Playing Mario in HD is lovely, as well as NLand. The console is a terrific one, no doubt about it. Oh, and the main reason why I love mine is 'cuz of the GamePad. SO MUCH POTENTIAL!

VolcanoFlamesNL

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

43. Posted:

  • LOVE super mario world 3D hello great game
  • it has pikmin, enough said
  • like the graphics, not too realistic but serious improvement when compared to wii
  • away with motion control yihaa!
  • can combine it with a fit meter (yeah I like that okay?!)
  • love the gamepad, the touchscreen is so easy
  • like that you can play on the gamepad alone, no more nagging moms and dads
  • really like miiverse

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

44. Posted:

-With the Wii U, I can put a disc into a console and play a game

-It has games that I like on it

-It's the first new Nintendo console I've had since the Wii

-It has Miiverse which is fun

-I like its Internet Browser

-It can play original Wii games

-It is a very attractive console

-It's very quiet


To those of you who are posting sarcastic/negative things about the Wii U: You're entitled to your opinion, but, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't post in the "say nice things about the Wii U" thread please. It's wasteful on the servers.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

45. Posted:

Mickey wrote:

-With the Wii U, I can put a disc into a console and play a game

-It has games that I like on it

-It's the first new Nintendo console I've had since the Wii

-It has Miiverse which is fun

-I like its Internet Browser

-It can play Wii U games

-It is a very attractive console

-It's very quiet


To those of you who are posting sarcastic/negative things about the Wii U: You're entitled to your opinion, but, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't post in the "say nice things about the Wii U" thread please. It's wasteful on the servers.

@Mickey AGREED.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jazzer94

46. Posted:

It plays Nintendo games.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sevex

47. Posted:

It's small and quiet. I've got it hooked up to my monitor in my bedroom and it hardly takes up any space at all.

sevex

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardCrowbar

48. Posted:

1. Games are a form of entertainment as well as an artistic medium. They are supposed to make your feel happy and help you relax. Wii U has a broad library of games that do just that. Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Rayman Legends... The list goes on.

2. Wii U also delivers games that pack a punch in the "hardcore" sense. Games like ZombiU and Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD are all deep, hardcore gaming experiences that are each uniquely brilliant and challenging.

3. Wii U has UNIQUE games, not just a thousand shooters. Pikmin 3 is in its own league as far as how unique it is compared to typical AAA video game fare. ZombiU was a return to true SURVIVAL horror. It wasn't just an action game with zombies in it.

4. Wii U has plenty of indie games. Nintendo has shown a strong desire to bring indies into the fold, and they have followed through. The indie library on the Wii U eShop is very solid.

5. Wii U has some of my favorite games of all time. To me, New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World are flawless. ZombiU is a personal favorite (I give it a 9.5) and other games like Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends are at least a 9/10.

Nintendo Network ID: RedSteel92

Now playing: Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, New Super Mario Bros., Bastion

Sea Of Sorrow

3DS Friend Code: 4871-5007-8554 | Twitter: SkywardCrowbar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

49. Posted:

SkywardCrowbar wrote:

1. Games are a form of entertainment as well as an artistic medium. They are supposed to make your feel happy and help you relax. Wii U has a broad library of games that do just that. Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Rayman Legends... The list goes on.

2. Wii U also delivers games that pack a punch in the "hardcore" sense. Games like ZombiU and Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD are all deep, hardcore gaming experiences that are each uniquely brilliant and challenging.

3. Wii U has UNIQUE games, not just a thousand shooters. Pikmin 3 is in its own league as far as how unique it is compared to typical AAA video game fare. ZombiU was a return to true SURVIVAL horror. It wasn't just an action game with zombies in it.

4. Wii U has plenty of indie games. Nintendo has shown a strong desire to bring indies into the fold, and they have followed through. The indie library on the Wii U eShop is very solid.

5. Wii U has some of my favorite games of all time. To me, New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World are flawless. ZombiU is a personal favorite (I give it a 9.5) and other games like Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends are at least a 9/10.

@SkywardCrowbar Wow... Great comment. shakes hands with you

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

50. Posted:

SkywardCrowbar wrote:

. ZombiU is a personal favorite (I give it a 9.5) .

Amen. It is a masterpiece.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

51. Posted:

  • The fact that off-TV play means I actually tend to finish more of the games I get because the lack of effort involved means I do tend to play for only 10-30mins off-TV. Sometimes that's enough to get you past a bit you get annoyed with. I beat Assassin's Creed last night on the couch with the news on after pouring hours into it over the weekend only to get kinda stuck on one of the last stealth missions. I think without off-TV play I probably wouldn't have picked it up again for another couple of weeks. By then I might have been onto the next thing and would have missed the ending.
  • Putting the map on the GamePad. It seems silly if you haven't used it and it's an easy thing to dismiss if you're not used to it. However when my GamePad battery does occasionally die and I'm forced to use the Pro Controller I really miss the map. Especially with Wind Waker and Assassin's Creed 4 for some reason. Maybe it's just sailing games where this is a huge deal but either way only I found out how much I was relying on it when it was taken away.
  • Nintendo games in HD. Now I know that the other platforms have more power and that's definitely something I would have appreciated for a lot of the third party titles. However Nintendo's own stuff doesn't really need it given the sort of style they've been pushing since the Gamecube. On the Wii there were things to complain about visually like the abundance of jaggies and the horrible draw distances even in first party games. It was ok but it needed a bit of a kick. Now games like 3D World, Wind Waker and Pikmin are not hyper-realistic and they're not pushing graphical boundaries but they look good enough. With some games on the Wii U I can point to some graphical effect and say "that could be better", with Wii games I could do it with all of them... first party Wii U titles? Nope.
  • Options for full digital distributions. This is something all of the other guys have been doing but Nintendo also does it now. Personally I don't download retail titles usually but it's nice that it's there as an option if I want it. If a game is hard to find then I do have that there as an option.
  • The web browser. It's not that big a deal and I don't use it as a day-to-day browser. However if I'm in the middle of a game it is nice that I can pull up a browser fairly quickly. Then look up a guide and kick myself that I didn't think of that. Thus ruining the challenge of the game. Or damn collectables, who uses collectibles anyways? Damn collectables....
  • MiiVerse... because...

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass260

52. Posted:

Hmm...yeah I got one.

Super Mario 3D World felt like the first true HD Mario for me, and damn was I hyped. I took the day off from work, raced down to the store to pick up my copy and proceeded to play it for over 9 hours. In a row! I've played games for long periods of time but never like I did for 3D World. After I finally stopped playing, all I could hear and think was Mario! And cats of course :p

That moment was really personal and something I won't ever forget. I know if my interest is ever waning in video games, I can just pop back in 3D World and I'm instantly reminded of why I love video games in the first place. Seriously, what a great game that was.

Runner up: Allan and Nicole: The Miiverse Tragedy XXX

Edited on by Bass260

NNID: Bass260

Games owned

Wii U: 15
3DS: 22
DS: 55
Wii: 37

Looking forward to: Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2, Majora's Mask Remake

Long live the king!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

53. Posted:

Has games that interest me- I like quirky games like Pikmin, W101 and then of course just about anything Nintendo like Mario Kart, Smash, DK, Mario etc.

Love the gamepad as a controller, but also to play offline- great to do this while watching a sporting event, mainly baseball where there's not a ton of action

There's enough "mature" games for me. I have ACIII, Deus Ex, COD Black Ops, Mass Effect 3 and soon Splinter Cell....I might get Watch Dogs later to support the system but after that, I have enough Dude Bro games.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LegatoSkyheart

54. Posted:

My Reasons
1. Pikmin 3
2. The Wonderful 101
3. Wii Backwards Compatible
4. Off Screen Play
5. WindWaker HD
6. Bayonetta 2
7. Miiverse
8. Earthbound
9. TV Remote
10. It has the Nintendo Brand so I know I'm going to get good games for the system.

LegatoSkyheart

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rockodoodle

55. Posted:

9 hours? Impressive.... I like to just play a level or five and then put it down- that's what i love about the game. Same for Rayman Legends.

Bass260 wrote:

Hmm...yeah I got one.

Super Mario 3D World felt like the first true HD Mario for me, and damn was I hyped. I took the day off from work, raced down to the store to pick up my copy and proceeded to play it for over 9 hours. In a row! I've played games for long periods of time but never like I did for 3D World. After I finally stopped playing, all I could hear and think was Mario! And cats of course :p

That moment was really personal and something I won't ever forget. I know if my interest is ever waning in video games, I can just pop back in 3D World and I'm instantly reminded of why I love video games in the first place. Seriously, what a great game that was.

Runner up: Allan and Nicole: The Miiverse Tragedy XXX

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mahe

56. Posted:

I can play the excellent Wii game library through HDMI with better image quality. That's pretty cool.

Also, Wii U games that use Wiimote and/or Classic Controller Pro are my favorites, such as New SMB U, Trine 2, Mighty Switch Force and Just Dance.

Edited on by Mahe

Mahe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

57. Posted:

Being able to get the more superior DIGITAL 4 LYFE versions of games from the eShop ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Azooooz

58. Posted:

MAB wrote:

Being able to get the more superior DIGITAL 4 LYFE versions of games from the eShop ;)

Untitled

LOL, that boy must be wishing he didn't throw a paper ball at him.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Azooooz

59. Posted:

Anyway, my positives about the Wii U are:

1- Being able to enjoy playing my favorite Nintendo franchises in beautiful full HD.
2- Nintendo eShop is so user-friendly (IMO).
3- The gamepad feels amazing when holding and playing with.
4- Miiverse is one of the friendliest communities I've ever met.
5- There is more than one controller option to play a Wii U game.
6- Internet browser is something that I always use while I'm in gaming session.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FullbringIchigo

60. Posted:

fun games like mario 3d world, off screen play (that the ps4 is copying) and I can play all my Wii games in better picture and sound quality

the WiiU would be the perfect console if only Nintendo had a better relationship with third partys

I play games not companys , I don't care what I play them on as long as I have fun doing it ^_^