Forums

Topic: Reasons why you love/like the Wii U (an actual positive Wii U thread)

Posts 121 to 140 of 197

Sean_Aaron

Klimbatize wrote:

I like that it makes me feel like I'm in an exclusive club by owning one.

And not a sad one like being an Atari Jaguar owner when that was current. Man we really have nothing to complain about - those were tough times to be a fan of something!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Blast

Klimbatize wrote:

I like that it makes me feel like I'm in an exclusive club by owning one.

@Klimbatize Wow... I feel the same way too...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Kyloctopus

An exclusive club? It's leading the 8th gen as I type this.
It brought me back to the chance of going into Virtual Console games. Other than the 7 $0.30 games, I bought 4 games I've never played
Super Mario World (The last Mario Platformer I needed to play, in order to say I've played them all)
Mega Man (My first Mega Man title, and one that doesn't disappoint)
Final Fight (My first beat em' up, that leaves quite a great impression on me)
and Earthbound (1 Word: Masterpiece)
I'm looking at Gradius, or Xevious next as well.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Falchion

I like off tv play. My Wii U isn't even hooked up to my main tv but it is still incredibly useful. When my little brother decides to play the SNES, I can still play whatever on the wii u or wii. Its awesome! Sharing the tv has never been easier! I have recently been playing F-zero X off the gamepad and it has been great!

Falchion

NinChocolate

Ive been giving the Wii U some love lately especially with GBA VC here. Can't wait for a few indies and MK 8! It's the best console in the world! Period!

NinChocolate

Blast

Hey! I'm glad this thread is back and up to speed!
I bet Mario Kart 8 is gonna make us really happy!

Master of the Hype Train

Ryno

No EA games and Mad Men Football

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MAN1AC

The gamepad comes in handy and is very convenient when I lose my remote.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

ZB42

I am a big fan. I am very much enjoying the games. Otherwise, I wouldn't care for the system. What I am most excited about, though, is the future of the Game Pad. I already enjoy how the game pad has been utilized, but so far nothing has been terribly ground breaking. Cool, but not ground breaking. (I hear Deus Ex uses it pretty well, but I haven't played that yet.) I'm waiting for a company to be bold enough to try something no one has thought of yet. I believe someone will. Once, companies get used to designing for the game pad, some one will take a risk create an experience we haven't had yet. There is so much potential in that controller.

NNID: Z.Beeblebrox

Blast

The Internet Browser for Wii U is INSANELY awesome!!!

Master of the Hype Train

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

The Internet Browser for Wii U is INSANELY awesome!!!

I don't necessarily agree but it is absolutely amazing for Twitch.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jariw

ZB42 wrote:

I am a big fan. I am very much enjoying the games. Otherwise, I wouldn't care for the system. What I am most excited about, though, is the future of the Game Pad. I already enjoy how the game pad has been utilized, but so far nothing has been terribly ground breaking. Cool, but not ground breaking. (I hear Deus Ex uses it pretty well, but I haven't played that yet.) I'm waiting for a company to be bold enough to try something no one has thought of yet. I believe someone will. Once, companies get used to designing for the game pad, some one will take a risk create an experience we haven't had yet. There is so much potential in that controller.

Personally, I'd say the way the Gamepad is used in "Lego City: Uncover" is close to ground breaking.

jariw

circa1981

Game selection. Yes, you read that right. There's only 4 non Wii U games I want at this point, whereas there's over a dozen games I want that I can't get on the other systems.
Real easy OS compared to the other consoles; no sub-menus.
Small and quite.
A disc loaded light.
The gamepad is beyond awesome.
Off play is really useful.
Youtube, netflix and amazon are so simple to use with the gamepad.
Nintendo exclusives.

circa1981

readypembroke

1. The exclusives and upcoming games!! (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, the next Zelda and Super Smash Bros for Wii U is just examples)
2. Backwards Compatibility with Wii disc and digital games
3. Pro controller (I like it better than my 360 controller)
4. Gamepad
5. Usage with 2 external hard drives (4TB of storage FTW!) (I don't have one yet as I don't need it currently)
6. Can be used with old TVs with the composite or component cables
7. Gamepad can be used as remote
8. Off-TV play
9. Virtual Console (PICK IT UP NINTENDO!!!)
10. Doesn't spy on me
11. Does what I want to do. (Netflix and Games, not other stupid things)

Games I am HYPED for: Splatoon, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, Mario Maker, SSB for Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors.

3DS Friend Code: 0619-4130-1516 | Nintendo Network ID: readypembroke | Twitter:

MEGAMAN_D

Well I'm a huge horror fan (both movies and games) so I was very happy to see an actual survival horror game as a launch title for the Wii U. Zombi U brought horror back to the zombie genre, and anybody that says otherwise is talking rubbish. Then there's miiverse that I think is a loads of fun, I love sharing my opinion and views with other Wii U gamers and uploading pics and writing funny stuff.

Then there's the fact that the Wii U is home to the best 1st party titles in the world, I am loving DKC tropical freeze, mario 3D world, WW HD, you just won't find games this good with so much charm and attention to detail on ANY other system.

And I think I found my new favorite game, LEGO city undercover, That game is just sooooooooo much fun, I felt like a little kid again. Another Wii U moment that brought out the man child in me was using the bat com in arkham city armored edition, seriously as a huge batman fan, it just felt great to be drawn into the dark knight's world in such an intuitive way and anybody that just dismissed it as a gimmick has no soul.

Free online, backwards compatibility, great games to come, why more people are not buying a wii u is just beyond me and it's their loss in my opinion.

Edited on by MEGAMAN_D

MEGAMAN_D

Dreamz

MEGAMAN_D wrote:

Well I'm a huge horror fan (both movies and games) so I was very happy to see an actual survival horror game as a launch title for the Wii U. Zombi U brought horror back to the zombie genre, and anybody that says otherwise is talking rubbish. Then there's miiverse that I think is a loads of fun, I love sharing my opinion and views with other Wii U gamers and uploading pics and writing funny stuff.

I've been playing ZombiU for the past few days and it's very fun. So nice to see a zombie survival game that's actually scary, instead of the thinly disguised shoot 'em ups that plague the genre currently.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

BeevDawg

I've been stuck in the past with my Wii Games....and with the virtual console it's definatly the console most accessible to previous historic Nintedo games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebMlyCNMIIVuX-QVtCrMAw - YouTube

Blast

I really do wish the 3rd party support for the Wii U was better and hopefully it can improve in the future if sales pick up. I will say that I'm very happy that the Wii U is getting exclusives again and again. It makes me smile that there are a growing number of games you can only find on Wii U. Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 2, X, Yarn Yoshi, Legend of Zelda U, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros and Fatal Frame (hopefully it gets localized). That's 7-8 exclusives that's gonna join the exclusive list for Wii U

Master of the Hype Train

JoeyTS

The online is free enough said

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.