Forums

Topic: Reasons why you love/like the Wii U (an actual positive Wii U thread)

Posts 141 to 160 of 197

NinChocolate

Kirby, Yoshi, Toad are getting full titles. This is why I bought a Wii U.

NinChocolate

Blast

I had to bump this thread cuz the ultra negative Wii U threads are back....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Chrono_Cross

I thoroughly enjoy playing games like Monster Hunter and Mario Kart on the gamepad. I also enjoy playing those games in 1080p on my new smart television. The other games I do own are also fun to play either with others or solo. I recently bought Blok Drop U for $.99 and, even if it took me a half hour to complete, I found it to be very entertaining. I wish there was more.

I also bought a few VC titles I've never had the chance to play during this year's drought. Super Metroid ($.30), Yoshi's Island, and Mega Man X2.

See? I like Nintendo, too.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

unrandomsam

I like the Wii U because of it being the first Nintendo Home Console that allows "DIGITAL 4 LYFE" and the vast majority of stuff is 60fps. (Which I think should be a given regardless of platform).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Ralizah

Awesome GamePad controller and off-tv play.
A strong library of family-friendly titles.
A smaller library of adult-oriented games that actually require skill and dedication.
The fact that it'll play my Wii games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

technotaylor98 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

A smaller library of adult-oriented games that actually require skill and dedication.

This, and the fact that I can go "DIGITAL 4 LYFE" + FREE ONLINE!

The free online is big. Nintendo is the only company not charging for online multiplayer now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rockodoodle

Ralizah wrote:

In addition to overall lack of marketing and advertising, I think Nintendo should have promoted that you can play SOME "adult" titles, like Need for Speed, 2 CODs, Zombie U, 2 ACs, Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect eventually Watch Dogs....

This is more than enough for me, and would probably satisfy at least some gamers who stayed away from the Wii U b/c they think you can't play "adult" games on the console.

rockodoodle

unrandomsam

Ralizah wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

This, and the fact that I can go "DIGITAL 4 LYFE" + FREE ONLINE!

The free online is big. Nintendo is the only company not charging for online multiplayer now.

Valve is not either. (Or Origin for that matter).

The cost of the online (With the free rentals) is totally insignificant anyway I think. Both PSN or Xbox Live you can get a year at 50% of the cost every time I have ever looked at it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Nintenjoe64

Mainly because it plays Nintendo games. I love my Wii U, Off-TV has meant it's already one of my most played consoles ever despite its many flaws.

With the exception of MK8 and Nintendoland, I still feel like Nintendo has a lot to prove but that's generally a good thing. I probably would have said the same about my Gamecube 20 months after buying it.

Zelda will be good, Xenoblade looks promising and I can't see myself not loving Star Fox. If they sorted out the VC and made it easier to swap user within a game, it would be perfect.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Datasun_7

It has fantastic exclusives, that's always been the big thing with Nintendo and has never faltered. To be honest I don't mind what box its on I'll always love a good Zelda/Mario/smash game. And Judging from next year the list of decent exclusives will be crazy

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Amateur

Datasun_7 wrote:

It has fantastic exclusives, that's always been the big thing with Nintendo and has never faltered. To be honest I don't mind what box its on I'll always love a good Zelda/Mario/smash game. And Judging from next year the list of decent exclusives will be crazy

Yeah, that's a good reason why to buy Wii U, for the exclusives you can have a good PC and a Wii U, then you have a pretty good array of games for yourself that would last a while.

The Megaman Battle Network series is underrated... I think, don't quote me on this.

3DS Friend Code: 4356-0845-1388

retropunky

I really love the ability to turn on the console with the gamepad, and not even turn on the tv to play games.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Hy8ogen

Nintendo consoles are the only consoles my wife touches. That's why I love it. Oh and the gamepad.

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Inkling

The games.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Dreamsleep

Reasons to love the WiiU? It's the go-to platform, for platformers. And, yeah, first party games that are almost always fun, and super polished. Backward compatibility, and free online.

'Nuff said.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

EnyoTheFirst

The exclusives are amazing in terms fo gameplay and very pretty (usually) when it comes to visuals. The GamePad is also a feature/controller that I was really iffy on when the console was first released, and still when I brought it home, but the fact that it fits so well in my hands and I can avoid the TV itself if I really want to-- that's ust awesome for a visually impaired person like me, a lot less eye strain from distance a a lot more play time (or just let me keep playing when the roommate steals the TV from me). And free online play, can't ignore the fact that Nintendo still gives us free online play. ♥

The games that are coming out in the fall and throughout next year could be a reason on their own. ^^

3DS Friend Code: 4527 7516 5533

Azooooz

It's a gaming console made for gamers. That's why I lliked it.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Akazury

It gives more hours upon hours of fun

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

smirg

Reasons why I like the Wii U:

• It plays Nintendo games, obviously. This is by far the biggest reason. I go where Mario/Zelda/etc go.
  • It's primarily just a game console and not something that's trying to take over my living room
  • Nintendo has backed off on trying to shove motion controls down your throat like with the Wii. It looks like they're using motion where appropriate and not for everything just because they can.
  • Their games are back to using more traditional controls. For example, they didn't decide to use Phantom Hourglass style touch controls or Skyward Sword style motion controls for Wind Waker HD. They went with traditional controls with minor use of motion where it works and they didn't try to shove any gimmicks down your throat. That's exactly what I wanted in a Zelda game.
  • Backwards compatibility is still great, even today. I'm glad Nintendo still does that and is ignoring the rest of the industry here.

All in all, I think Nintendo is headed in the right direction, although, I still think they could lay off the gimmicks a bit more. For example, having to blow at the game pad is stupid and really doesn't add anything to a game. I felt like Nintendo ignored their core audience with the Wii but is starting to learn their lesson. It might have been the most popular console, last generation, but not with core gamers. Motions, the nunchuck, etc, really turned me off from Nintendo consoles (I always liked their handhelds) but I'm glad to be back. Overall, I'm really happy with the Wii U. This is the first time in a long time where a Nintendo console is my primary gaming device.

Edited on by smirg

smirg

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.