Forums

Topic: PSSSST! Wanna know what Watch_Dogs might look like on the Wii U.

Posts 101 to 120 of 153

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm really curious as to what all the hype is about for this game. All I've seen in the gameplay trailers are scripted events that would only really look cool if you played them exactly the way the developers wanted you to. (i.e. chasing a bandit a long way, being in exactly the right places when he does certain things, never shooting him down until the point they want you to, etc.) Reminds me of one of those trailers where they show off tons of cool events, only to realize that those were all the best parts of the movie. Just feels like a lot of manufactured hype to me...

Turns out the game is very mediocre.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Is this a screenshot from the PS2 version?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Oh god, I hate the unfunny people being "LOL LOOKS MEH FOR NEXT GEN, MUST BE PS2". No it doesn't. I just looked up GTA 4, it looks worse.

I'm not annoyed because of making fun of the game because it probably deserves too from the overhype, I'm annoyed because it's blatantly false information trying to be a joke. I'm sure you also considered saying the sky is a different color was some comedic ****ing genius.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

unrandomsam

Blast wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm really curious as to what all the hype is about for this game. All I've seen in the gameplay trailers are scripted events that would only really look cool if you played them exactly the way the developers wanted you to. (i.e. chasing a bandit a long way, being in exactly the right places when he does certain things, never shooting him down until the point they want you to, etc.) Reminds me of one of those trailers where they show off tons of cool events, only to realize that those were all the best parts of the movie. Just feels like a lot of manufactured hype to me...

Turns out the game is very mediocre.

Looks like it is outright hated by people who have actually bought it. The user scores on metacritic are :

PS4 : 5.9
PC : 4.4
Xbone : 5.1
PS3 : 3.9
360 : 4.1

That is pretty awful regardless of what the paid off reviewers put (In order to not upset their advertising partners).

Gamespot firing that guy for giving an honest but none agreed score says it all.

Film Critics / Food Critics seem to have far more integrity.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

dumedum

unrandomsam wrote:

All critics are hacks.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Untitled

Oh god, I hate the unfunny people being "LOL LOOKS MEH FOR NEXT GEN, MUST BE PS2". No it doesn't. I just looked up GTA 4, it looks worse.

I'm not annoyed because of making fun of the game because it probably deserves too from the overhype, I'm annoyed because it's blatantly false information trying to be a joke. I'm sure you also considered saying the sky is a different color was some comedic ****ing genius.

Dang, kkslider5552000, sorry to annoy you man. I wasn't impressed with the look of that screenshot but sorry I expressed that with an "unfunny" joke that seems to have really bothered you.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

kkslider5552000

sorry, I've just seen that one too many times and it's really painfully bad unfunny humor. Like arrow in the knee levels.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hy8ogen

kkslider5552000 wrote:

sorry, I've just seen that one too many times and it's really painfully bad unfunny humor. Like arrow in the knee levels.

@kkslider5552000 I used to make funny jokes, until I took an arrow to the knee.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Alright, since it's at that level there will be no more of the comparing to previous generations jokes from me again. I promise. I will simply state something like, I'm not impressed with the way it looks.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

dumedum

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Alright, since it's at that level there will be no more of the comparing to previous generations jokes from me again. I promise. I will simply state something like, I'm not impressed with the way it looks.

Well, it really does like PS2 from that screenshot.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

The_Ninja

Hy8ogen wrote:

I used to make funny jokes, until I took an arrow to the knee.

ಠ_ಠ

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

faint

dumedum wrote:

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well, it really does like PS2 from that screenshot.

i agree. it's on par with silent hill 4

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

unrandomsam

dumedum wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

All critics are hacks.

I don't know that much about either but when it comes to films if something does really well on Rotten Tomatoes I almost always end up liking it.

For Food if I go to London usually the highly rated ones I end up liking. (So big no way I could ever go to all of them).

With Games its as likely I am going to hate it as like it regardless of what they think about it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

JoyBoy

Wow! In the Ps4 version you can see his fake beard even better! Oh this excites me so much! New gen FTW!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CheapCheepBeach

Moorpheel wrote:

The wii u version looks... Darker.

Well blame the capture settings for Crushed Blacks previously seen in the Xbox One. The All in One Entertainment System from Microsoft.

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I'm not really sure what to think of the website reviews. All of them give it a 7 or 8, but alot of people have been saying it's not that great. I'm not really sure who to believe.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.