Forums

Topic: PSSSST! Wanna know what Watch_Dogs might look like on the Wii U.

Posts 141 to 153 of 153

CheapCheepBeach

Action51 wrote:

Well, it seems the topic here has more or less backfired on @memoryman3.

Sadly, the reception and final versions of Watchdogs look...mediocre at best...on all platforms, including his precious PS4. Despite getting pretty decent reviews, the general consensus from the gaming community is an overall "meh" following the two years of hype and delays. I'm sure the game sold pretty well so it will probably avoid being the "Waterworld" of video games in that respect.
Untitled
Okay, so not quite this...optimistic review scores and pr-order hype may be a factor.

Still, the game is an overall disappointment considering the hype, early trailers, and long years of anticipation.
Untitled
Not a bad looking game, but nothing that screams "OMG NEXT GEN"

Sp PSST....wanna know what watchdogs will look like on Wii U?

Answer: As unimpressive as it looks on every other platform.

Unimpressive you say?
Untitled
Untitled

HD for MOBILE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s46_MWDUEnY

CheapCheepBeach

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Heh, ya can't argue with the the general consensus from the gaming community, bubby. If you think it looks good okay, just leave the WiiU owners outta this till Ubisoft actually shows some screenshots for the U version.... or have that game never released and endlessly tirade about other images looks better than the unreleashed U version, your call.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CheapCheepBeach

Captain_Toad wrote:

Heh, ya can't argue with the the general consensus from the gaming community, bubby. If you think it looks good okay, just leave the WiiU owners outta this till Ubisoft actually shows some screenshots for the U version.... or have that game never released and endlessly tirade about other images looks better than the unreleashed U version, your call.

See the OP.

CheapCheepBeach

shingi_70

Moorpheel wrote:

Does the game itself use that blur filter for the background?

It's pretty annoying in those pictures.

No.I'm guessing that's PC tinkering.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

memoryman3 wrote:

See the OP.

You mean the OP which has nothing to do with Wii U? How is this thread still open? We already have a Watch_Dogs thread and this thread has nothing to do with the Wii U version. @memoryman3 is just guessing the Wii U version will look like the Last-Gen versions

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CheapCheepBeach

Moorpheel wrote:

Well on the true next gen consoles it does.

CheapCheepBeach

Action51

memoryman3 wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Well on the true next gen consoles it does.

I'm confused....

1) You use PC shots to declare how great the game looks on 'true next gen" consoles...

2) Without any evidence you declare the Wii U version will look terrible...

3) You still claim every shot of Hyrule Warriors is doctored...

4) You are an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a tortilla...

Untitled

Edited on by Action51

Action51

CheapCheepBeach

IGN review is up!

7.5/10 worse than PS4(if there is missing features, the score...

Watch Dogs’ completely open map is huge and diverse, though its textures and models are below the standards I expect from a Wii U game in 2014. Even so, it runs at the vicinity of 20 frames per second, just like AC4, with frequent slowdowns when simply driving around the city. That's something you do a lot in Watch Dogs, and it can have a real impact on your ability to control it during high-speed chases. It is almost unplayable at times, especially in police chases.

Unless you opt out, you’re also regularly prompted to jump into multiplayer activities, like a simple race through the streets or a much more interesting cat-and-mouse game of tailing and hacking another random player. It’s a setup with a lot of room for creativity and hilarious experimentation as you try to hide or blend in with the civilians. There’s also the highly entertaining capture-the-flag style Decryption game, where one player desperately tries to evade the rest, and a challenging race where you have to evade traps and cops triggered by a player using the free iPad app. Unfortunately, due to reasons, the Wii U version is lacking any form of multiplayer whatsoever.

Overall Watch Dogs on Wii U is a sloppy port of a great game. If you only have a Wii U, you should still pick it up, but this is easily the worst way to experience this open world action game. The graphics are sub par and the framerate is poor, and multiplayer is missing. Otherwise pick it up for Xbox One, PS4 or PC instead

Not good for third party support....

CheapCheepBeach

CanisWolfred

Okay, there's being a troll, and then there's being an *******. When you fabricate a quote with the intention of blatantly misinforming people, guess which one that is?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.