Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 - OT

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,305

Chandlero

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Multiplayer is great and the enhanced graphics are a real boon.

Multiplayer is the wrong name. It is a two-player mode and in my opinion the best in the last years. There are great Co-Op missions where you have to communicate and play together. And the battle mode is even more fun. No Online-Game can transfer the fun and fury a real person on the couch is feeling while you are playing bad or are ruining his victory.

Edited on by Chandlero

erv

Yep, good to see the pikmin 3 thread pop up again as it is one of the best games out there to date in my opinion. Go forth, and play it lots!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

FireEmblem

erv wrote:

Yep, good to see the pikmin 3 thread pop up again as it is one of the best games out there to date in my opinion. Go forth, and play it lots!

I agree, it really is a fantastic game!

FireEmblem

VoodooTrumpet

I hadn't played a Pikmin game before but I think it's fantastic. The Mission Mode was a lot more fun than I was anticipating too

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

JoyBoy

The mission mode really kept me returning to this game a lot. The co-op is fantastic and the dlc levels are great. I still just have to complete the last mission on platinum. Pikmin 4 pls!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

cwong15

I know Pikmin 3 has been out for a while, but I only just started playing this game. I'm having a great time. Since this game was released, it has received an update to enable "stylus controls". Basically, you use the gamepad touchscreen like a touchpad on laptops. I understand from reading prior threads that the wiimote was the preferred controller for this game before this update. The stylus method is now the default, so that I what I started with.

So my question for you Pikmin pros is: what is your preferred control method now, and why?

cwong15

SomeBitTripFan

I still need to get this game at some point. Are the prices going to remain so stupidly high?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

cwong15

@SomeBitTripFan: other forum threads on the subject indicate that this game has gone out of print, meaning physical copies are going for ridiculous prices in the aftermarket. I bought my digital copy during the eShop sales event around Black Friday, where it was going for a substantial discount. But Nintendo retail and VC games very rarely go on sale. Maybe there will be a sale to coincide with this year's E3 event. See this thread on the subject:

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/why_is_pikmin_3_so_e...

Edited on by cwong15

cwong15

Spoony_Tech

@cwong15: I got mine just after the update and played the whole single player with the stylus control. I also play multiplayer with my son but use Wii remote as he uses the gamepad. I really can't say which I liked better but both worked really Well imo. Of course most will say Wii remote because they didn't use the stylus but I'm glad I did.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chandlero

I still play the game with my wife. Bingo Battle is so addictive. The best control scheme for that is that both players use Wii remotes and the map (i.e. the Gamepad) is in front of both players. Alternatively one could turn of the GamePad and play completely without map. That is harder since you don't see where the useful fruits are.

It is a pity that there are no more new DLC for the game. New missions or BingoBattle arenas would be so great.

Edited on by Chandlero

Octane

@cwong15: Wii Remote is my prefered way to play Pikmin, any Pikmin games really. Dual stick controls work, but motion controls give you a lot more freedom and it makes it easier to aim.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

Well no Pikmin 4 news yesterday so it's either not a thing as of yet or it may be a NX launch title. Would be wise to go that route but who knows.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SomeBitTripFan

I finally got this game and I've realized something funny. Oxygen is dangerous to Koppians as well (as evidenced by the conversation about swimming), but they're bringing home plants, which produce oxygen. I wonder if this will be addressed.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

Rexcalibr

I bought this game for like 60$ because I read they aren't making it anymore. It was my first Pikmin game and honestly I just couldn't get into it. I ended up selling it at Gamestop for like 12$.

Rexcalibr

Spoony_Tech

@Rexcalibr This game is still one of if not my favorite Wii U game. What didn't you like about it?

MERG said:

Bsham

Rexcalibr wrote:

I bought this game for like 60$ because I read they aren't making it anymore. It was my first Pikmin game and honestly I just couldn't get into it. I ended up selling it at Gamestop for like 12$.

Where you hear they not making it any more? It's a popular series, a game that always sells worth over time.

Bsham

gcunit

@Rexcalibr Pikmin 3 sells second-hand on ebay.co.uk for nearly 3 times what you sold it to Gamestop for.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Rexcalibr

gcunit wrote:

@Rexcalibr Pikmin 3 sells second-hand on ebay.co.uk for nearly 3 times what you sold it to Gamestop for.

Gamestop rips you off a lot but I was desperate for money. I was surprised I got 17$ for Yoshis Woolly World. I sold a bunch of games that I was buying and wasn't playing. Also sold some unopened amiibos, the Splatoon 3 pack and the 30th anniversary Mario.

Rexcalibr

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.