Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,281. Posted:

I didn't care for the second one as much because of the underground areas. I thought they took up far too much of the game and I wanted to explore more on ground level. That's why I still thought the first was a bit better.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,282. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I didn't care for the second one as much because of the underground areas. I thought they took up far too much of the game and I wanted to explore more on ground level. That's why I still thought the first was a bit better.

That's exactly how I felt about 2. It was too much of the same. Throw that in with the incessant dinging of the treasure finder and I was driven insane by the end, lol. I don't ever want to play the game again.. Pikmin 3 on the other hand pretty much does everything right. It's the best of the 3 and every time I think about the game it makes me want to boot it up.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

astros75

1,283. Posted:

@Spuratis

I agree with you, and I still believe Pikmin 3 is the best Wii U game thus far. The mission mode is so addictive!

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,284. Posted:

astros75 wrote:

@Spuratis

I agree with you, and I still believe Pikmin 3 is the best Wii U game thus far. The mission mode is so addictive!

Yup, the mission mode is excellent and well worth it playing unlike previous challenges. They provide some hard challenges. Pikmin 3 is definitely one of the top Wii U games.. it's a hard call for me though. I probably put more time into DKC:TF and Wonderful 101, but that just means I was more obsessive about certain goals in those games. ;)

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

technotaylor98

1,285. Posted:

About 3 days ago I restarted the story. Trying for a better score this time around!
This is such an amazing game!

Edited on by technotaylor98

"When you've eat all the bacon, go find another pig" -technotaylor98

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2560-1192 | Nintendo Network ID: 10000mario

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,286. Posted:

The only thing for me missing in Pikmin 3 was real world items. I liked those far better then the fruit but it at least fit the story line. Just seems to me Nintendo didn't want to license all those all over again.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Rin-go

1,287. Posted:

The caves in 2 seem to be quite popular, mainly because they make the game longer. To me they're just tedious. I didn't even feel like finishing the game because of those. ._.

@Spoony_Tech
I like that so far every part has different things to collect.

Rin-go

AuthorMessage

technotaylor98

1,288. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The only thing for me missing in Pikmin 3 was real world items. I liked those far better then the fruit but it at least fit the story line. Just seems to me Nintendo didn't want to license all those all over again.

Yeah, I would've loved that. Doritos, Duracell, iPhone, and even let the Pikmin find a Wii remote!

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,289. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech That is a good point, I do kind of miss them now that you mentioned it. I thought something felt a bit off and I'm betting that's it, the lack of real world items. I think it's a nostalgia thing to like seeing those items in the game.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Octane

1,290. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

That's exactly how I felt about 2. It was too much of the same. Throw that in with the incessant dinging of the treasure finder and I was driven insane by the end, lol. I don't ever want to play the game again.. Pikmin 3 on the other hand pretty much does everything right. It's the best of the 3 and every time I think about the game it makes me want to boot it up.

Pikmin is one of the very few games that actually has a good reason for a timer to exist in the game (I mean, 2D Super Mario games, why is there a timer?). For me it was one of the fundamental aspects of the game, therefore I didn't really like the caves either, as they completely took away that mechanic. I'm glad they went back to the original style of Pikmin.

Octane

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,291. Posted:

Octane wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Pikmin is one of the very few games that actually has a good reason for a timer to exist in the game (I mean, 2D Super Mario games, why is there a timer?). For me it was one of the fundamental aspects of the game, therefore I didn't really like the caves either, as they completely took away that mechanic. I'm glad they went back to the original style of Pikmin.

I totally agree about the timer. One of my Miiverse friends had said they hated it but I had told him this game wouldn't be very good without it. I can't imagine just collecting anything I want and then just leave the area and go to the next to do the same.

I do however wish it was just a bit longer though. Say another 5 mins. Otherwise is my favorite U game to this point!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

clvr

1,292. Posted:

I've downloaded Pikmin 3 for free after buying MK8 and I must say I couldn't choose a better game. I had played the original Pikmin on the Gamecube when it released and I didn't quite like it back then (well, I was somrthing like 6 years old), but now I've just fallen in love with the third installment. I'm not saying it's the best game on the Wii U because it has MK8 and 3D World as well, but I think it's certainly one of the best games of 2013.

clvr

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,293. Posted:

astros75 wrote:

@Spuratis

Some world records in the mission mode are extremely good (both in single player and in co-op). Co-op missions and the battle mode are the most played parts at our house. Those parts make it a perfect 2-player game.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,294. Posted:

jariw wrote:

astros75 wrote:

@Spuratis

Some world records in the mission mode are extremely good (both in single player and in co-op). Co-op missions and the battle mode are the most played parts at our house. Those parts make it a perfect 2-player game.

Yep, my son begs me everyday to play against him. He can now beat me almost 50% of the time and boy does he rub it in lol! The only one we did co-op was the CHRISTmas map.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

technotaylor98

1,295. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech Did you follow me on Miiverse, or is that a different SpoonyTech? :P Anyway followed ya back!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,296. Posted:

technotaylor98 wrote:

@Spoony_Tech Did you follow me on Miiverse, or is that a different SpoonyTech? :P Anyway followed ya back!

Yep, I followed you because I read your NL profile. Read my Miiverse One and we share one great thing in common! ;)

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

technotaylor98

1,297. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

technotaylor98 wrote:

Yep, I followed you because I read your NL profile. Read my Miiverse One and we share one great thing in common! ;)

Haha, yeah, noticed how you spelled CHRISTmas! And we share another thing in common, we both love Pikmin 3! :P

Edited on by technotaylor98

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,298. Posted:

I never got a chance to play multiplayer until a week ago. It's quite fun, even if the 2nd player I had was meh at best at the game (but he had the advantage of having Wiimote+nunchuck so it almost evened out). Sadly we didn't get to play Bingo Battle, which is apparently one of the most underrated multiplayer modes in gaming.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Akazury

1,299. Posted:

Well if you have someone that is good at the game it can get quite hectic

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am
Check out my YT channel: ThatGamerSpecific

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter: GamerSpecific

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,300. Posted:

Rin-go wrote:

The caves in 2 seem to be quite popular, mainly because they make the game longer.

I'm one of those people, although for me it was more about the randomness and clumping of the enemies. The way the caverns were done prevents the game from having exceptional level design, but for a Pikmin fanatic like me it was like the best thing ever. I get a new layout every time, and if I don't like it I can just restart the game; not to mention playing the game for the 8th time and it's still a different experience. It was also neat because sometimes you'd get a near impossible layout (without losing a single Pikmin) and it was a nice challenge.

For this reason (and a few others) I still like Pikmin 2 better than Pikmin 3, although Pikmin 3 is obviously the better game.
It's just that Pikmin 3 doesn't have enough variance; once you know the strategy it's pretty much game-set-match, whereas Pikmin 2 you're always on your toes. I do like the mission mode in Pikmin 3 a lot though, no serious complaints there.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371