Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3 - OT

Posts 1,301 to 1,305 of 1,305

Dreamliner

This may sound a bit obvious, but is the Demo pretty representative of gameplay?

My Pikmin 3 game is still sealed. I got to day 3 in the demo and don't like it. It seems repetitive and a really lame and mega dumbed down version of Total Annihilation or Red Alert; different, I know but basic commands of attack and gather resources is the same...

Since the Wii U is done, I want to offload any games I won't like now. I think Pikmin and Color Splash are on the chopping block but wanted to get forum thoughts.

Dreamliner

Octane

@Dreamliner Pikmin 3 is one of the best games on the Wii U IMO. The demo is the first couple of days of the real game, but keep in mind that the early parts are more of a tutorial section than anything else. Don't see the comparison with Red Alert, I played that a lot back in the day, but apart from the fact that Pikmin is inspired by RTS gameplay, I don't see the comparison. Also not sure what you mean by ''lame'' and ''repetitive'', have you beaten the demo yet? There's a boss fight at the end, those are definitely one of the best parts of a Pikmin game.

Octane

Dreamliner

@Octane Haven't gotten to the Boss yet. Just the first 3 days.

It just felt repetitive: There's a thing, tap the Pikmin, thing is down, tap the Pikmin to collect them. Repeat.

I'll give it another whirl tomorrow if I can. I want to like it. So many people do.

Dreamliner

Octane

@Dreamliner That's just collecting items, it gets more complicated over time. Enemies will get more difficult, you will find more types of Pikmin, each with their own special abilities and weaknesses. Some Pikmin are better suited for certain tasks, so it becomes a mind game where you need to plan out what you're going to do, take the right Pikmin with you. All of this while multitasking between three characters.

Octane

spizzamarozzi

I don't remember but I think the first few days you just pick up items and take down barriers, as in a tutorial. You also, I guess, have only met the red pikmin so far. So no, it should give you an idea of the overall vibe of the game but it's not representetive of what's to come - it gets much more sophisticated later on.
It's definitely one of the best games on the system, and for me one of the best overall in recent memory. And if you have a friend or a relative you can play with, don't miss out on the multiplayer mode called "Bingo Battle" - that is like, multiplayer mode of the century.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.