Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,261. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

I would not see a reason to use the pro controller, you are better off using the gamepad.

I personally like the pro controller better, but that's just me.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

1,262. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

I would not see a reason to use the pro controller, you are better off using the gamepad.

I do as well, but he's right. If you're forced to use the Gamepad, you might as well use the Gamepad.

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,263. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

I do as well, but he's right. If you're forced to use the Gamepad, you might as well use the Gamepad.

I personally like having the gamepad on my lap, but yeah, makes sense.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

1,264. Posted:

Still giving this game the love it deserves in the mission mode. I hope Miyamoto isn't discouraged by the sales as Pikmin need a future. Maybe for their next handheld with the better resolution.

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,265. Posted:

I just received an update for pikmin, can someone please explain what happened? xD

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,266. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I just received an update for pikmin, can someone please explain what happened? xD

Is it the touch screen controls?

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,267. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I'm not sure, I saw on the internet that many people received that update on 30 May but I didnt have an update then I think.. It's weird if it comes now cause I use my wiiu every day

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

MrSalvadorDali

1,268. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I'm not sure, I saw on the internet that many people received that update on 30 May but I didnt have an update then I think.. It's weird if it comes now cause I use my wiiu every day

New update is about the touchscreen controls which are awesome!!!

MrSalvadorDali

Nintendo Network ID: MrSalvadorDali

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,269. Posted:

Since seemingly half of Pikmin 3 owners are gonna be because of Mario Kart, welcome!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,270. Posted:

I don't know if this was added to the 2.0.0 update or earlier, but here's a feature I just found: in Battle Mode, pressing '2' (when using the Wiimote+Nunchuck control method, haven't checked what the GamePad equivalent is) will give you an arrow pointing in the direction of the home "onion". Very convenient if the opponent teleports you to another part of the game field.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,271. Posted:

Got this game with the Kart 8 promo and I have to say for me Its the best game on the U to this point. I think it's both beautiful and fully fun to play. I'm in a bad habit of not finishing game the last 2 to 3 years but I'm almost done with this one and I'll see it through. The gameplay is where it's at though as it's just been a fun experience thus far.

My son and I have been having great 2 player battles and I can see that will give this game a lot of legs in my home.

Oh and I'm glad I experienced the touch controls on this. I can't even imagine how it played before nor do I want to. If a game was ever made to have touch controls this is it! Should've been there from day one though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Octane

1,272. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Got this game with the Kart 8 promo and I have to say for me Its the best game on the U to this point. I think it's both beautiful and fully fun to play. I'm in a bad habit of not finishing game the last 2 to 3 years but I'm almost done with this one and I'll see it through. The gameplay is where it's at though as it's just been a fun experience thus far.

My son and I have been having great 2 player battles and I can see that will give this game a lot of legs in my home.

Oh and I'm glad I experienced the touch controls on this. I can't even imagine how it played before nor do I want to. If a game was ever made to have touch controls this is it! Should've been there from day one though.

The Wii Remote has always been an option as well, it works just as fine as the touch controls.

Octane

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,273. Posted:

Octane wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The Wii Remote has always been an option as well, it works just as fine as the touch controls.

Yeah I know. I'm the one that uses them during multiplayer and my son does the touch controls. They do work fine but I've off tv played the whole game up to this point and I'm almost done. That's why touch controls were made for people like me that off tv plays 90% of the time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Noonch

1,274. Posted:

I just started a 3rd playthrough of Pikmin 3. I bought Pikmin 1 and 2 for Wii but never could get into them. I like the concept I was just bad at them. The touchscreen controls work great and the game feels like a WiiU masterpiece to me. I play on the gamepad with the tv off and I'm sold on the gamepad as a controller. I wish there were more games like that. I'd like to see a 3DS version or even an HD Pikmin 1/2 on Wii U with the same control scheme.

Edited on by Noonch

Sent from my WiiU

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

1,275. Posted:

Noonch wrote:

I just started a 3rd playthrough of Pikmin 3. I bought Pikmin 1 and 2 for Wii but never could get into them. I like the concept I was just bad at them. The touchscreen controls work great and the game feels like a WiiU masterpiece to me. I play on the gamepad with the tv off and I'm sold on the gamepad as a controller. I wish there were more games like that. I'd like to see a 3DS version or even an HD Pikmin 1/2 on Wii U with the same control scheme.

My exact experience. Pik3 is indeed a Wii U masterpiece

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

micronean

1,276. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm on the other end with the experience.
I also got Pikmin 3 with the MK8 promotion, and I'm glad I didn't buy this full price. The game itself is fine, no complaints, the problem is with the stylus controls--and it's a major oversight: THERE IS NO CONTROL OPTION FOR LEFT-HANDED PLAYERS. I have to reach with my right hand in order to press the L button, or ZL button, while using my left hand to hold the stylus. It's too awkward for me, and it's a real disadvantage when facing the bosses.

Maybe I didn't see a left handed option in the menu. Anyone know about this?

micronean

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

1,277. Posted:

Pikmin 3 was excellent but the lack of a coop campaign and the length of the campaign was a let down for me.

In some ways it was one of the best games for essential gamepad use but it also supported off-tv play perfectly. Wii U is built for strategy games but so far Pikmin 3 is the only one I can think of.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,278. Posted:

micronean wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm on the other end with the experience.
I also got Pikmin 3 with the MK8 promotion, and I'm glad I didn't buy this full price. The game itself is fine, no complaints, the problem is with the stylus controls--and it's a major oversight: THERE IS NO CONTROL OPTION FOR LEFT-HANDED PLAYERS. I have to reach with my right hand in order to press the L button, or ZL button, while using my left hand to hold the stylus. It's too awkward for me, and it's a real disadvantage when facing the bosses.

Maybe I didn't see a left handed option in the menu. Anyone know about this?

I seen someone recently post on Miiverse that the Nintendo Land version of Pikmin did allow for left hand use. They also said to bad Pikmin 3 didn't so I'll assume no option for it. However it was just added recently so maybe there still is hope to update it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,279. Posted:

@Nintenjoe64 I thought the length was just right actually. I found all the fruit on my first play through and it lasted me At least 15 hours and took me 50 something days to complete. The last area alone was long enough tbh and was too long imo.

The only thing I don't know about was all the secret files. I found I think 4 or 5. Does anybody know what they do if anything?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Akazury

1,280. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Nintenjoe64 I thought the length was just right actually. I found all the fruit on my first play through and it lasted me At least 15 hours and took me 50 something days to complete. The last area alone was long enough tbh and was too long imo.

The only thing I don't know about was all the secret files. I found I think 4 or 5. Does anybody know what they do if anything?

For the secret files you have to visit some site I think, not sure on that anymore.

But I found the game to be a tad short, my first run was a bit over thirty days with all the fruit and I only got faster. What I really missed were the dungeons they had in Pikmin 2. These things were amazing, they expanded the time spend in area and filled it up while keeping the overall area's to 4/5, something 3 could really have benefitted from.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter: GamerSpecific