Wii U Forum

Topic: Nintendo down but not out

Showing 81 to 100 of 128

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

81. Posted:

The_Dude wrote:

Nintendo games have become nothing but shovelware now. Milking the same old tiresome IP over and over just to make a quick buck.

I guess that's the reason the Galaxy games are some of the highest rated games this gen..?

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

82. Posted:

The_Dude wrote:

Nintendo games have become nothing but shovelware now. Milking the same old tiresome IP over and over just to make a quick buck.

Lets just shut down the video game industry, then. Nintendo is not the only one in the industry you know.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

83. Posted:

The_Dude wrote:

Nintendo games have become nothing but shovelware now. Milking the same old tiresome IP over and over just to make a quick buck.

You don't know what shovelware is. Nintendo games and COD aren't shovel ware. The njnjabread man is shovelware.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

84. Posted:

The_Dude wrote:

Nintendo games have become nothing but shovelware now. Milking the same old tiresome IP over and over just to make a quick buck.

But Ubisoft, Microsoft, Sony, EA, and Activision come out with original content year after year. Examples: Call of Duty MW3 and Call of Duty Blops 2 or Gears of War 3 and Gears of War Judgement or how about Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed 3.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

85. Posted:

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

86. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

LzQuacker wrote:

Exile20 wrote:

If Sony or/and MS launch at 450 or below Nintendo is in trouble.
If they launch at 500 Nintendo will have a challenge but I think be fine with great games out by then
If they launch at 550 Nintendo would be in a great position especially with great games out by then
If they launch at 600 then Nintendo is going to kill it.

I highly doubt Sony can afford to sell the PS4 at a price lower than $500.

Most definitely. Yet we all must remember that a lot of people are still going to shell out the large amount of cash necessary due to, but not solely on, Call of Duty.

I imagine that Sony will sell the system for between $450-500 but will provide 'free' incentives such as online subscriptions and access to streaming PS3 games to make it seem like you are getting a better deal. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of pack in game either. I doubt they can just sell the console on its own without any bells or whistles for $500-600 and not have people complaining like they did with the PS3, even though $500-600 would be a decent price compared to the horsepower the system provides.

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

terribledeli

87. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

See, that's the spirit. BTW, you were probably 12 when I was born, so way to show maturity.
There's a such thing as explaining situations w/o being a total jerk.
Besides, there's a difference between being better when it comes to consoles and practical uses for consoles. Sega had the internet thing for games, too, and look where they are.
Those features are cool, but it doesn't matter if no one gives a crap about Sega or Atari.
I'm defending a console still in the market, so lets try and make this discussion the best we can by actually contributing to the discussion please.

EDIT: Also, based on your information, Atari didn't even have to release an Atari 2600. If they were able to run a 'next gen' operating system on their last gen console, that is a big reason why it failed.
That's the same reason why I don't like Apple. Same device, different year. Hardly anyone harnesses any iPad build past the first iPad, because the market is greater and no one wants to buy a $200-900 device once a year to take full advantage of a $1 app.
Do you seriously want me to decipher why Atari died? I can go look at wikipedia and report back if you want.
There's a console timeline chart, and it's obvious that there is a pattern in the industry.

Based on the wicked awesome avatar you had of you and your high school project, I'd probably put myself at least 15 years older than you. But moving on.

I didn't launch a personal attack. This would be a personal attack: "I have a feeling Scar hasn't taken either a debate class or any course that would require him to interpret data and offer a factual statement based on that data. Perhaps he should spend less time on internet forums, less money on games, and focus on getting a higher education"

That would be a personal attack. All I did was point out your statement makes literally no sense to anyone ever and is not a defense of against Chrono's statement.

But moving onto your defense. Chrono pointed out that Nintendo's online offerings are still behind their closest competitor. And your argument was "Oh yeah? Nintendo had a dialup service that feature radio before Sony had Music Unlimited. So Nintendo is way ahead of Sony in terms of online offering"

That was your exact argument. It had absolutely nothing to do with the current climate. Furthermore your later statement of

"Besides, there's a difference between being better when it comes to consoles and practical uses for consoles. Sega had the internet thing for games, too, and look where they are"

totally negates your entire argument of "Nintendo is way better because they did it first".

And no, you aren't "...defending a console still in the market.." by bringing up devices of old. That's not even close to what you're attempting to do. In fact, I can use your argument that if Nintendo was so advance, their offerings should be light years ahead of everyone else. You're trying to defend Nintendo, the company. Nothing else.

And your edit makes no sense whatever. You're trying to claim that there isn't wildly popular Apps that require something greater than iPhone OS 3.2? Or a future generation of hardware? And recycling what you read on wikipedia to inform someone who lived through the video game crash? Total classic.

Sony's offering will be whatever the market will tolerate. If they get a superior third party system seller on the console at launch (at the same time or ahead of competitors), people will cash in. If the PS4 version of Call of Duty is roughly the same, if not worse than the model offered on a console a person already owns, it won't sell. Unless they give them away.

Edited on by terribledeli

terribledeli

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5771-9850 | Nintendo Network ID: terribledeli

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

88. Posted:

This thread is a train wreck and I can't stop viewing it. Where's ogo's Jimmy Fallon popcorn munching .GIF?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

terribledeli

89. Posted:

This one?

Untitled

I like this one better

Untitled

Edited on by terribledeli

terribledeli

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5771-9850 | Nintendo Network ID: terribledeli

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

90. Posted:

@terribledeli: Yup, that one. SpongeBob works to..

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

91. Posted:

edhe wrote:

NINTENDO IS NOT DEAD! IT'S NOT. LOOK HERE IS AN ARTICLE I FOUND ON A BLOG THAT NO ONE READS

Silly nintendrone lol. Nintendo is dead and it's only a matter of time before sony reigns supreme, oh God, I LOVE SONY >rubs legs

Untitled

Hur-hurr TBD lock thread

Thats like, a perfect summarization of this topic. :O
Except the last one, that didn't happen.

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

92. Posted:

@terribledeli
Thanks for the compliment on my painting.
Anyways, I appreciate your apology type post, and I do know what I'm talking most of the time. I admit I make mistakes, but there is tons of statistics and data to prove points I make. I don't throw around 'intellectual diarrhea' without making sure I have key points available.
Looking back in retrospect, what do you think caused Atari to fail?
Atari may have been the first company to do an online service, but they did it wrong. That's the difference.
Both Sega, Atari, and the online GameTap service both failed, and those features were essentially the same idea. Even with PS4, they have that Gaikai which is a big appeal for the console. The idea is still the same as those other streaming DLC type builds that have failed, but it's alot more personal for a bigger crowd.
I would even argue that Spotpass can handle some form of game streaming, that isn't the appeal of Spotpass as of now, but it COULD be if they see the need to do so.
Xbox will probably use an Xbox Live streaming thing for games, too.

EDIT: As for i devices. I see the appeal, but not the functional aspect. I would completely agree that iPhone started the smartphone craze, but they never added anything truly new to stay on the game. There are WAY better smartphones out there besides iPhone.
I had an iPad 2 when they were new, and those things get old quick. I kept hearing how apps and programs would run faster and have more capabilities, but rarely did anything take advantage of the hardware past iPad 1. That's not worth buying a device every year like many do.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

93. Posted:

I just feel like this conversation has been had one too many times

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AbeVigoda

94. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I admit I make mistakes, but there is tons of statistics and data to prove points I make. I don't throw around 'intellectual diarrhea' without making sure I have key points available.

Untitled

Edited on by AbeVigoda

April 9th, 2013: The day nintendolife.com became thuglife.com
ATTICA!! ATTICA!! ATTICA!!
I AM THE ROSA PARKS OF NINTENDOLIFE
"You don't need a link to a website as proof all the time. It's called research. If no one ever did research, you wouldn't even have links to use as proof." - SCAR392

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

95. Posted:

This thread has transformed me into John Rhys-Davies having an aneurysm.
Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

96. Posted:

Boot to go cage match in here

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

97. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I just feel like this conversation has been had one too many times

No, you don't say? It seems like we discuss such things ever so sparingly!

(Do I seriously even need to put a winky face on that?)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

98. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I just feel like this conversation has been had one too many times

No, you don't say? It seems like we discuss such things ever so sparingly!

(Do I seriously even need to put a winky face on that?)

At less his thread is about Rare coming back to Nintendo again.......wait, I think I might have started something.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HaastMK7

99. Posted:

Since when has Nintendo been down, if anything they are up

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

100. Posted:

Rawr.

rallydefault