Forums

Topic: Nintendo down but not out

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

theblackdragon

AbeVigoda wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I admit I make mistakes, but there is tons of statistics and data to prove points I make. I don't throw around 'intellectual diarrhea' without making sure I have key points available.

Untitled

dangit, why'd you have to use a .gif from Trading Places? I love that movie too much to edit it out of your comment.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

gavn64

LordJumpMad wrote:

gavn64 wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

The Wii U is doing great, it has Pikmin 3 on the way.
While other consoles have way better games coming out for it, and then some

Oh i didnt know they signed the next zelda and 3D mario, must have happened overnight

Untitled

Your the one who is called jump mad

gavn64

3DS Friend Code: 4897-6082-1828 | Nintendo Network ID: GavnL89

Volt-Kid

If it weren't for Nintendo, the video game industry would not have been where they are today. It inspired many.

Mess with the Volt, you get a shock!

LzWinky

@SCAR: I find it hard to believe that you have data backing up your info. You seem to exaggerate quite a few points.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ShadJV

Volt-Kid wrote:

If it weren't for Nintendo, the video game industry would not have been where they are today. It inspired many.

If it wasn't for the Ancient Romans, the Olympics would not be what it is today. And yet they're still dead. Granted, I don't think Nintendo is "doomed", but I'm just saying that Nintendo's history is irrelevant to their current position, let alone the future.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Happy_Mask

@Dragon I bet you a grand total of one dollar I can make Jumpy happy and LZ Mad.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

LzWinky

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Dragon I bet you a grand total of one dollar I can make Jumpy happy and LZ Mad.

Don't you touch my happy drinks >:[

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

e-love

LzQuacker wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Don't you touch my happy drinks >:[

>:3

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

BadKitty

Happy_Mask wrote:

Nothing makes LJM happy except!
Untitled

And the only thing that makes Lz mad is me! And to do that you would have to leave LJM Mad! So one or the others emotions will not go according to your plans!

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

LzQuacker wrote:

@SCAR: I find it hard to believe that you have data backing up your info. You seem to exaggerate quite a few points.

Like what?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

PokeTune

I find it hard that people can actually say that Nintendo is doing "alright" with the Wii U`s current position in the market.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/CrossFactorComms/about
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rare Replay
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

DefHalan

Nintendo's current position in the Market isn't alright but some of us believe that Nintendo is doing what they should with the upcoming tech releases and the way the Market works now compared to the beginning of last gen

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GuSolarFlare

I don't know much about the market but so far that I know nintendo is not down completely. WIIU is down at the moment but the 3DS is really doing fine and I don't belive WIIU at its first year going really bad can actually take nintendo down with it(but I understand WIIU's weight on the company's future is heavier than 3DS because of the cost to develop and manufacture a home console that's far more powerful and complicated than a portable gaming device)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Happy_Mask

BadKitty wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Nothing makes LJM happy except!
Untitled

And the only thing that makes Lz mad is me! And to do that you would have to leave LJM Mad! So one or the others emotions will not go according to your plans!

Curses! Foiled again!
Untitled
And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

rallydefault

PokeTune wrote:

I find it hard that people can actually say that Nintendo is doing "alright" with the Wii U`s current position in the market.

They can "actually say" that because the Wii U is only one part of Nintendo as a company. Nintendo also has this little thing called the 3DS as well as numerous intellectual properties that they own or partially own (Pokémon being one of them). This is just the same as Sony and Microsoft- those two companies aren't just the Playstation and XBOX brands, either.

The internet is a wonderful thing, but it is also a ripe environment for rumor mongering and ignorant scare tactics put forth by the ignorant and/or malicious. Take matters into your own hands. Don't ever believe someone's forum post as absolute fact. Don't even believe mine! Go out there and poke around yourself to get all the facts.

rallydefault

shingi_70

rallydefault wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

They can "actually say" that because the Wii U is only one part of Nintendo as a company. Nintendo also has this little thing called the 3DS as well as numerous intellectual properties that they own or partially own (Pokémon being one of them). This is just the same as Sony and Microsoft- those two companies aren't just the Playstation and XBOX brands, either.

The internet is a wonderful thing, but it is also a ripe environment for rumor mongering and ignorant scare tactics put forth by the ignorant and/or malicious. Take matters into your own hands. Don't ever believe someone's forum post as absolute fact. Don't even believe mine! Go out there and poke around yourself to get all the facts.

Problem with your assessment is that Wii U is a vital part of a company that only has two core business. It not like Microsoft where Xbox can be easily be propped p by the office division.

Anywho were going to Find out in probably less than Two months when e3 comes along. Not sure Nintendo will be able to make a big splash or win this year but some support for the Wii U would be nice.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

xBASSxMONSTAx

Tertis wrote:

They say the next Xbox will require a 24/7 internet connection and doesn't use discs.
Well, if that's true, it's guaranteed to not win this generation of gaming.

Its not true according to the latest reports. http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

Xbox 720 will be the best next gen console I can assure you. Followed by PS4 and Wii-U

Bottom line is Nintendo are not out by a long shot. But they have alot of work on their hands to make this Wii-U a success.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

SCRAPPER392

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Tertis wrote:

They say the next Xbox will require a 24/7 internet connection and doesn't use discs.
Well, if that's true, it's guaranteed to not win this generation of gaming.

Its not true according to the latest reports. http://www.vgleaks.com/microsoft-xbox-roadmap-2013/

Xbox 720 will be the best next gen console I can assure you. Followed by PS4 and Wii-U

I agree Xbox will be the most POWERFUL console, but we literally know nothing of what it has to appeal such as features or other uses. I'm pretty satisfied with my Wii U right now, and PS4 didn't impress me no matter how powerful it is. They didn't show anything I think would be worthwhile, so the only other company that can convince me is Microsoft, unless Sony brings out something awesome that I can't resist. I doubt it, though.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Volt-Kid wrote:

Just because they were good for the industry in the past doesn't mean we still need them now. Wells to water pumps to faucets were good improvements but just because wells started it out and were cool and played an integral part doesn't mean we all still need to hoist our water from wells >:[

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

SCRAPPER392

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

Volt-Kid wrote:

Just because they were good for the industry in the past doesn't mean we still need them now. Wells to water pumps to faucets were good improvements but just because wells started it out and were cool and played an integral part doesn't mean we all still need to hoist our water from wells >:[

Well ya, but we need to look at what the other companies are doing, too. I feel that Nintendo went the right direction with motion control and 3D. Those were better business decisions for gaming than media. Media plays a role in improving games too, such as high capacity discs or intergration with games, but I feel Nintendo sat out the start of HD for the better.
Sony actually has done the least last gen when it comes to innovation IMO. Xbox had HD first, and Nintendo had motion first.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.